St Johnstone v Motherwell 27/1/24

Regardless of any offside calls. The fact it made its way to the back of the net is just representing of how bad we have been defensively. 

It should have been cleared well before then if we were half decent 

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

To clarify for the Motherwell fanbase, £5m man Benjamin Kimpioka will be leading the line and making his first league start for St Johnstone today. 

Matt Smith is a Welsh international midfielder who has been one of our stand-outs this season, alongside young Luke Robinson at LWB.

Keltjens is an Israeli international superstar who can play at RWB and also in midfield. We swooped for him a couple of weeks ago and he scored a barnstorming header in his debut against Aberdeen midweek.

If you don’t know about these guys right now, you’ll certainly know about them by 4.45pm.

We now know the ref is a cheating get.

1 minute ago, Phillips455 said:

Regardless of any offside calls. The fact it made its way to the back of the net is just representing of how bad we have been defensively. 

It should have been cleared well before then if we were half decent 

My thinking too. We defended as usual woefully so probably did not deserve the benefit of the doubt quite frankly 🤷‍♂️

What I can say is that second half performance reminded me of the start of the season. Just that lack of cutting edge at those golden chances.

Hopefully we get that Slovenian stroker soon. I believe the next 2 games will be must wins now as well.

Phillips is very much a Craig Levein type player. 

That’s pretty much the only takeaway I have from today’s st Johnstone team. A more than able replacement for Murray Davidson 

Awful from Saints. Very lucky to get a point. Thankful we played Motherwell who looked like a team missing a number of players, but we really couldn't have complained if we'd lost that by a couple. 

Bair scoring was funny, still looks like he's never seen a football before at times but that run of starts he's had has definitely been of benefit to him. 

12 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Phillips is very much a Craig Levein type player. 

I am certainly not! Unless he was a bit overweight, asthmatic 30 year old who hasn't played a professional game in his life.

5 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

a bit overweight, asthmatic 30 year old who hasn't played a professional game in his life.

Definitely the striker we'll sign at 11pm on deadline day when our first two choices turn us down, the 3rd choice signs but injures himself celebrating passing his medical