Aberdeen v Dundee Tuesday 30 01 24

45 minutes ago, Flammable sheep said:

Hard to tell with Robson's rollercoaster Dons... usually when I'm most pessimistic we go and put 4 past a team, or beat Frankfurt, or win at Ibrox. This could be anything from a lacklustre defeat in front of a toxic home crowd, to a classy win that buys Barry another few weeks. If Tony Doc has done any homework at all, we're in for a tough game. Prediction: draw, BR limps on

You might tell me otherwise but I just get the impression with Aberdeen that they are a good team that are just underperforming or players not being utilised properly?

It would be very typical of Dundee to catch an Aberdeen team that have chosen to be up for it..

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

You might tell me otherwise but I just get the impression with Aberdeen that they are a good team that are just underperforming or players not being utilised properly?

It would be very typical of Dundee to catch an Aberdeen team that have chosen to be up for it..

This. I can’t bring myself to go. I’ll jinx us. Watch the stream - be ecstatic if we win or switch the tv off, kick the cat and impose a 72 hour media blackout. 

On 28/01/2024 at 11:23, johnnydun said:

Would the Dons prefer a defeat here to get rid of the ginger DAB? Or a victory for the points, that gives him at least another month?

Take the points please.

hes pretty much safe. Double header against the Glasgow two so he will get a lifeline from those games. 

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

Sometimes, rarely, things work for large parts of games. More accident than design.

We have many good players who are all capable of shit games.

We also have a rookie manager who's out of his depth and apparently not a quick learner. 

If you can defend reasonably competently and don't go too gung ho then we'll struggle. Someone might still manage a moment of individual brilliance but I won't hold my breath. 

Let's not forget Dundee are injury ravished and down to the bare bones defensively.

If Robson can't take the three points here it would be quite incredible. Aberdeen fans should be going into this full of confidence.

Thank you.

I really hope it doesn’t get poisonous for Robson. I don’t like it for any Aberdeen manager, but especially somebody who I have liked as a player and at least briefly as a manager too. I hated every minute of the 6-0 at Easter Road last season, mostly because of what was happening on the pitch but also because the atmosphere had (understandably) turned completely toxic.

I don’t think he should be our manager now, but some of the attacks on him from our support on social media - especially how personal some of them have been - don’t quite sit right with me. That’s probably more of a modern football problem than an exclusively Aberdeen problem, though. 

Hopefully we can find a way to win this, and give ourselves a bit of a lift going into the Old Firm double-header.  My concern is that Dundee sit in, wait for the fans to get restless (which won’t take long unless we score early), and try to pick us off on the counter-attack. It seems like a decent blueprint for playing us at the moment. 

Just now, DrewDon said:

My concern is that Dundee sit in, wait for the fans to get restless (which won’t take long unless we score early), and try to pick us off on the counter-attack. It seems like a decent blueprint for playing us at the moment. 

Strange because that’s exactly how we like to play. The more toxic and poisonous the atmosphere the better. 

Just now, Fifespud said:

Strange because that’s exactly how we like to play. The more toxic and poisonous the atmosphere the better. 

It is ideally how we like to play, too, or at least when we have looked at our best under Robson since he got the job permanently. It is understandably harder to do it at Pittodrie against nine of the other domestic teams, than it is in Europe or at Ibrox (I will conveniently omit Parkhead). So far, we haven’t looked at all convincing that we have the answers for teams setting up like that against us, so tomorrow will be interesting for that if nothing else. 

19 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

File this under things you love to see:

Apparently Beck approached the staff at Liverpool and pushed to get a move back to Dens. He doesn't want to be on the bench at best and would prefer competitive games up her to playing for their U23's. Tremendous attitude and maturity from the young man, it's traits like these that will see him have a good future in the game.

2 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Dundee likely to take a healthy support tomorrow night? 516 visiting fans on the last visit just over 18 months ago 

4th away game in 11 days, big ask for the fans especially in January. Hopefully more than the 516 mentioned above

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

What's your right back like? You bunch of sheep muppets, in for a torrid time tomorrow.

12 of Jurgen Klopp's best grins to celebrate World Smile Day - Liverpool  Echo

Thank you.

Red card in first half for Beck incoming after that comment.