Injury ridden Pars v Best form in the League Morton

53 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Watching that back, those goals are even worse.  Holy fck 😂.  Cant make up my mind which of the 5 is the more comical. 

The third and fourth are both a great laugh through failing to clear your lines given multiple chances, but it's the fifth by a mile and is the whole Dunfermline performance summed up. Losing it once through trying to pass out (Fagan-Walcott again), being lucky enough with the break of the ball to regain possession, then still managing to give it to a Morton player 30 yards out anyway, then it being ridiculously easy to score from there.

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

Highlights are up.

Huge fan of the Dunfermline keeper/defender doing their absolute best to ensure we scored our 5th. Top effort lads!

On 03/02/2024 at 11:23, Mon eh Ton said:

People don't pile on you because of your view on his team selection or squad management. They might disagree with you, but that's not where this stems from.

It's because of the fantasy world you live in where you have friends on the board who took your concerns to Imrie, who've made him re-evaluate his "policy" on young players, and that you have lived first hand experiences of such transgressions because of your own failure to break into Dutch professional football. 

It's occasionally funny because of how absurd it is, but it's tiresome.

You have selective amnesia then. If I had friends on the board then why would I route my concerns through MCT? 
I have contacted MCT 3 times:

1. At the time of joining I asked if the club would own Cappielow under MCT ownership. The board answered yes.

2. I asked if the club wanted promotion, and if we’d be ready for it. The board again answered yes.

3. I asked if the board were happy with the manager’s handling of youth development. MCT declined to put this question to the board as it was an ongoing matter.

1 minute ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

You have selective amnesia then. If I had friends on the board then why would I route my concerns through MCT

1. At the time of joining I asked if the club would own Cappielow under MCT ownership. The board answered yes.

2. I asked if the club wanted promotion, and if we’d be ready for it. The board again answered yes.

3. I asked if the board were happy with the manager’s handling of youth development. MCT declined to put this question to the board as it was an ongoing matter.

Having visions of you addressing your concerns to a bar of Highland Toffee. Like the Twin Peaks lady and her pet rock.

Congrats to Morton. A five nil win away against any full time outfit, even one with injuries, is impressive.

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Having visions of you addressing your concerns to a bar of Highland Toffee. Like the Twin Peaks lady and her pet rock.

Congrats to Morton. A five nil win away against any full time outfit, even one with injuries, is impressive.

It was actually a log.

14 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

You have selective amnesia then. If I had friends on the board then why would I route my concerns through MCT? 

You are nothing but a deluded clown who is full of his own self importance. Add to that your vile post about someone having a  gambling addiction which I reported and was swiftly removed. You'll no doubt attempt to apologise, blame alcohol etc but at the end of the day that's not acceptable

I'll no doubt being accused of being one of those involved in the 'witch hunt' after this when really I'm calling you out for personal vendettas.

I hadn’t seen that fifth goal until now. Seriously, why on earth are we still persisting with that playing it out from the back nonsense? We don’t have the right defenders for it and we definitely don’t have the keeper for it. Truly is mind boggling that someone who’s been in football as long as McPake can’t see that.

4-0 down and we give away another goal because we’re insisting on playing the same way regardless of performance/result. This isn’t academy football, results matter at this level. Embarrassing stuff.

11 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

You are nothing but a deluded clown who is full of his own self importance. Add to that your vile post about someone having a  gambling addiction which I reported and was swiftly removed. You'll no doubt attempt to apologise, blame alcohol etc but at the end of the day that's not acceptable

I'll no doubt being accused of being one of those involved in the 'witch hunt' after this when really I'm calling you out for personal vendettas.

I’m glad that post was removed, although my hand was forced a bit by the cut & paste of my horrendous rant. 
I actually don’t care what Dougie wears or what he bets  on, especially with the hypocrisy of a league who have betting firms as sponsors. My only concern was our youth development programme. That has now been restored so I no longer have any concerns about Dougie or the club.

18 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I hadn’t seen that fifth goal until now. Seriously, why on earth are we still persisting with that playing it out from the back nonsense?

I don't understand why any clubs do this, especially from a goal-kick. Teams will wise up to this - they press high and errors will happen.

The exception is Hamilton Accies, who go through a whole pretense of hoping to play it short then decide to wave everyone upfield and play it long, deliberately wasting more and more time.

I think this match was the prefect storm. The team with the best high press in the league versus a team who persist with trying to play out from the back when they clearly don’t have the players to carry it out. 
Look at the quality of players Man City and Spurs have to sign to play that system. At our level you have to be able to mix it up, defend well and get up the pitch quickly, varying the play between passing and long balls when required. Dougie has got this down to a tee, whereas James McPake appears to be doing the opposite.

Just now, DreamOakTree1 said:

I think this match was the prefect storm. The team with the best high press in the league versus a team who persist with trying to play out from the back when they clearly don’t have the players to carry it out. 
Look at the quality of players Man City and Spurs have to sign to play that system. At our level you have to be able to mix it up, defend well and get up the pitch quickly, varying the play between passing and long balls when required. Dougie has got this down to a tee, whereas James McPake appears to be doing the opposite.

Perfect Storm!

49 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

I don't understand why any clubs do this, especially from a goal-kick. Teams will wise up to this - they press high and errors will happen.

The exception is Hamilton Accies, who go through a whole pretense of hoping to play it short then decide to wave everyone upfield and play it long, deliberately wasting more and more time.

It is the fashion of the moment with clubs determined not to put any hopeful long ball into the opposition's possession. However having the best players in the English Premier division doing it is one thing...... Even for them against a high press it can go wrong, two very good examples in eg the Brighton v Crystal Palace game in which Brighton were lucky to not to concede.

What frustrates me our use of the tactic is that often we make reasonable progress only for the ball to end up back where it started and be shelled up the park.

However against a pressing team like ours defenders are under pressure which many don't have the quality to handle and at that point row Z at the back.of the stand is a better option than losing it in your own final third with a goal often the result.

Wee stat-based analysis for those who like that sort of thing...

Number of Dunfermline players (not including the goalkeeper) actually inside the penalty area when the goals go in:

First - 6

Second - 6

Third - 8

Fourth - 7

Fifth - 5

That's bad enough, but as everyone saw, it was accompanied by a home manager who a. was very passive on the touchline; b. at no stage attempted to change his team's approach.

From the outside looking in, it seems there's something far wrong there...

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I actually don’t care what Dougie wears or what he bets  on.

My only concern was our youth development programme. That has now been restored so I no longer have any concerns about Dougie or the club.

Dougie will be absolutely delighted you've now accepted him. Im sure it will be huge weight off his shoulders. 

1 hour ago, Gmfc 23 said:

Dougie will be absolutely delighted you've now accepted him. Im sure it will be huge weight off his shoulders. 

1000 times more importantly, Dougie has just thanked the board for standing by him!

I think I now realise now why I was barred from the Morton Forum. The abuse directed towards me was growing to an unacceptable level, so they took away the common denominator, or the source of the problem. I get that, and I can still go on ad read the threads without being able to contribute, which I suppose I brought on myself to an extent by my persistence in sticking by my original point. 
I must say though it’s a crying shame that it’s now the most sugar coated forum in Scotland. It’s less controversial than the Club’s official forum or the local newspaper.

Unfortunately they’ve turned into the Stepford Supporters!