Elgin City vs The Hamilton Globetrotters (Tuesday, 30th Jan)

3 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

A decent goalie should have been a priority in January. Good goalies win you points, bad goalies cost you points.

You don't need a good goalie if you have a half decent defence. 

I am perplexed about us not signing another keeper this month. We were certainly in the market for one before January; I'd heard that we were going to get Ryan Mullen on loan from Morton, but then he turned in some excellent performances when Jamie MacDonald got injured. He's not looked as bad in the past month, but that's only because he is generally facing so few shots and dangerous situations compared to before. There was obviously then chat about Mitchell before he got injured, but surely finding a better keeper would not be hard. I hope it's not too late to fix this.

1 minute ago, RutherGlen said:

You don't need a good goalie if you have a half decent defence. 

Pish, we limited east fife and Spartans to 1 shot on target each in 90 mins, both goals. The keeper is a ringer.

Tonight wasn’t a must win but certainly was a must not lose

7 points behind is too much to claw back even at this stage as only won 1 out 9 in the league since McCall took over

We are better than before but we were that bad before wasn’t difficult to improve

The goalie made a horrendous mistake but that shouldn't mask the poor performances from many others in the team

Howie, Dunachie are two who weren't at it tonight. The new fullback looks lightweight. The new winger seemed on his heals and slow to react.

High balls to Allan are useless. He needs them over the top of to feet 

Also, I don't think I've ever seen a team take so long to make a simple pass. Always a delay or a second and third touch. How many times tonight were passes blocked or deflected? 

We got what we deserved tonight, goalkeeper mistake or not.

Edited by haufdaft