Scott Brown's B&W Army ⚫⚪ vs Jim Goodwin's Faltering Tangerines 🟠 - Saturday 3rd February

Big test for Broonie's first home game proper, expected to be perhaps 1 or 2 at least new faces in the door by the weekend so will see how things go, he's not going to turn us into world beaters overnight with what he has got at his disposal with the current squad.

Bit like ourselves Dundee United's better results and performances have come on the road although i did watch their game up at Inverness and it was nothing special but i fear they're due a good performance and result. 

No idea what to expect but would be happy with a draw. 

I imagine we’ll lose this, particularly given we will be without our best player. An attacking signing this week would help with that! 

Hopefully we put up a bit more fight than the last two occasions against Dundee United!

Aye Chalmers will be a miss but I’d expect another 2-3 signings this happen this week and one of them will hopefully be a forward.

With the squad we have available I’d bring Sanders in for McAllister and play him or Stanger at RB. If we go and sign another full back this could change things. 

I'd just like to wish fellow Fifer Mr Brown all the very best of luck for this game. I hope he gets off to the very best of starts amd the good people of Ayr roar their team onto victory. 

Last time I saw us play Dundee Utd at Somerset we were 5 days off the back of a 0-1 defeat at Auchinleck and we still beat them.  Based entirely on that logic i fancy us to absolutely hammer them this time- 3-1.   McKenzie probably seeing as he's got more this week than in 90% of his career, new guy we haven't announced yet and McGinty. 

Edited by Hursty

The feel good feeling is back at Ayr with the new manager, potentially one or two new signings and the weight of Lee “Bully” Bullens predictable formations and set up has finally been lifted. 

Dundee United have stuttered of late and look like emulating Dundee as unspectacular but competent champions 

Ayr United 1 Dundee United 3

Time for Goodwin to start dropping players who arent performing but I doubt it will happen and lets also try going with 2 strikers and trying to win the game but again doubt this will happen.

Walton

Grimshaw Graham Holt McMann

Fotheringham Docherty Sibbald Wotherspoon

Moult Greive

Watt and Middleton benched

Edited by skinny arab

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

The feel good feeling is back at Ayr with the new manager, potentially one or two new signings and the weight of Lee “Bully” Bullens predictable formations and set up has finally been lifted. 

Dundee United have stuttered of late and look like emulating Dundee as unspectacular but competent champions 

Ayr United 1 Dundee United 3

Slightly harsh on United.  They have 15 games left to play and are only 18 points off Dundee’s tally for last season.  They’ve only conceded two goals away from home all season and are still unbeaten on the road going into Feb.  They’ve had five clean sheets in their last six games and 18 in total for the season.  They’ve only conceded more than one goal in a league game once.

Dundee finished last season with a GD of +26.  United are already on +33 in just over half the number of games and have hit three goals or more on 9 occasions.  At the same stage last season Dundee had scored three goals or more only three times. 

United are on course for 77 points at their current rate of 2.14 per game.  Dundee finished first with 63 pts last year.  That would be by far the highest winning points tally since Rangers in 2016, and only four off that so who’s to say they can’t surpass that?

There’s not a single stat that says United are the same kind of unspectacular champions that Dundee were last season. 

5 minutes ago, adamntg said:

There’s not a single stat that says United are the same kind of unspectacular champions that Dundee were last season. 

It took me 8 seconds of research to disprove this bold claim.  

Dundee were the second best home side in the league last year where Dundee United are the third best home side this year.  

Edited by itzdrk

46 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It took me 8 seconds of research to disprove this bold claim.  

Dundee were the second best home side in the league last year where Dundee United are the third best home side this year.  

That’s wrong though.  

Partick have 21pts from 11 games.  United have 19 also from 11, level with Rovers their goal difference is +3 compared to United’s +13.

Airdrie also have 21pts but have played 12 games. 

All of the above is of course dwarfed by United’s SPECTACULAR away record of 8 wins and 2 draws away from 10 games, with a goal difference of plus 20.

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Slightly harsh on United.  They have 15 games left to play and are only 18 points off Dundee’s tally for last season.  They’ve only conceded two goals away from home all season and are still unbeaten on the road going into Feb.  They’ve had five clean sheets in their last six games and 18 in total for the season.  They’ve only conceded more than one goal in a league game once.

Dundee finished last season with a GD of +26.  United are already on +33 in just over half the number of games and have hit three goals or more on 9 occasions.  At the same stage last season Dundee had scored three goals or more only three times. 

United are on course for 77 points at their current rate of 2.14 per game.  Dundee finished first with 63 pts last year.  That would be by far the highest winning points tally since Rangers in 2016, and only four off that so who’s to say they can’t surpass that?

If your way of proving that Dundee United are spectacular is with this post…..I got bored in the first paragraph. 

If your season is defined by, we’ve not conceded many goals, it is the very definition of unspectacular. 

Dundee United have the biggest budget in the league and arguably the best squad and are top by one point after 21 games. They show no signs of chucking it away. 

I would call the campaign so far competent, routine, professional. I wouldn’t call it spectacular.