Scott Brown's B&W Army ⚫⚪ vs Jim Goodwin's Faltering Tangerines 🟠 - Saturday 3rd February

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If your way of proving that Dundee United are spectacular is with this post…..I got bored in the first paragraph. 

If your season is defined by, we’ve not conceded many goals, it is the very definition of unspectacular. 

Dundee United have the biggest budget in the league and arguably the best squad and are top by one point after 21 games. They show no signs of chucking it away. 

I would call the campaign so far competent, routine, professional. I wouldn’t call it spectacular. 

Plus 33 goal difference after half a season not pretty spectacular?

Actually looking forward to this. Always interesting to see a manager's first home game. (David Hopkin excluded). It can't be worse than the previous meeting at Somerset back in August last year.

Chalmers is a definitive miss for this. Reckon it'll be Mckenzie up front with Dowds and a start for Amartey.

Edited by Oceanlineayr

2 hours ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Actually looking forward to this. Always interesting to see a manager's first home game. (David Hopkin excluded). It can't be worse than the previous meeting at Somerset back in August last year.

Chalmers is a definitive miss for this. Reckon it'll be Mckenzie up front with Dowds and a start for Amartey.

I just hope that brown doesn’t start mcgeady 

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I just hope that brown doesn’t start mcgeady 

If he does it would be a concern going forward.

From what I've seen of McGeady you can see some glimpses of the player he was, now though the legs have clearly gone.

On 28/01/2024 at 23:23, pub car king said:

I'd just like to wish fellow Fifer Mr Brown all the very best of luck for this game. I hope he gets off to the very best of starts amd the good people of Ayr roar their team onto victory. 

IMG_5541.jpeg.cc918258993afe0dff1a84681db7fcef.jpeg

2 hours ago, Oceanlineayr said:

If he does it would be a concern going forward.

From what I've seen of McGeady you can see some glimpses of the player he was, now though the legs have clearly gone.

We got more than glimpses at Starks Park. We stood back and stared as he trotted forward unchallenged and pinged one in the pokey.

39 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Any truth that Chalmers has leaked Ayr's tactics for this one?

Yes, he's leaked Bullen's "give Chalmers the ball" tactics in to Goodwin. 

10 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Time for Goodwin to start dropping players who arent performing but I doubt it will happen and lets also try going with 2 strikers and trying to win the game but again doubt this will happen.

Walton

Grimshaw Graham Holt McMann

Fotheringham Docherty Sibbald Wotherspoon

Moult Greive

Watt and Middleton benched

That’s some midfield to be fair! 

No affiliation (apart from my wee house being only 21 miles from Somerset Park) - but I'm 100% rooting for Ayr, and I genuinely hope that Mr. Broon's start is a tremendous one. Reason #1 = South Ayrshire already has quite enough seaside of its own, and Reason #2 = Jim Goodwin's post-match interview after we'd put the Arabs to a 3-2 swording at Tannadice a few weeks back. It's the single most salty-teared coiffured cringe-fest I ever saw. Blaming absolutely everyone and everything apart from himself and his team, including trotting out the obligatory defeated-manager 'Morton play a certain way' hammer-throwing shite. It ranks as the #1 disingenuous 'bad loser' interview of all time. His team deserves to be trousered just for that.

Mon the Honest Men.

3 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

I'll just leave this here;

6th January 2024 - Dundee United 2 Morton 3

Mon black & whites. If we can do it - so can you.

Someone needs to explain to you how inverted commas work, otherwise you're going to look really foolish one day

11 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Someone needs to explain to you how inverted commas work, otherwise you're going to look really foolish one day

Go on then. I stand to be educated. In case you were referring to "Fortress" rather than 'Fortress' - then don't bother. I quoted the OP verbatim and uncorrected as you may have noticed - so it's him you should be having a pop at, not me. I fully understand the difference between quotation marks and inverted commas, but thanks very much. for your concern.

And thankyou anyway for your generous attempt at my grammatical education. "Much Appreciated"

Feeling a wee bit foolish now, are you?

Edited by Chippyminton