Scott Brown's B&W Army ⚫⚪ vs Jim Goodwin's Faltering Tangerines 🟠 - Saturday 3rd February

37 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Go on then. I stand to be educated. In case you were referring to "Fortress" rather than 'Fortress' - then don't bother. I quoted the OP verbatim and uncorrected as you may have noticed - so it's him you should be having a pop at, not me. I fully understand the difference between quotation marks and inverted commas, but thanks very much. for your concern.

And thankyou anyway for your generous attempt at my grammatical education. "Much Appreciated"

Feeling a wee bit foolish now, are you?

I’m pretty sure he was using quotation marks to be sarcastic, i.e. “Fortress” Tannadice because it isn’t much of a fortress at all.  A so-called “Fortress”.

Just now, adamntg said:

I’m pretty sure he was using quotation marks to be sarcastic, i.e. “Fortress” Tannadice because it isn’t much of a fortress at all.  A so-called “Fortress”.

Fair play, and 100% agreed. Sarcasm it was.

12 hours ago, adamntg said:

well...yes

On 31/01/2024 at 15:42, Chippyminton said:

No affiliation (apart from my wee house being only 21 miles from Somerset Park) - but I'm 100% rooting for Ayr, and I genuinely hope that Mr. Broon's start is a tremendous one. Reason #1 = South Ayrshire already has quite enough seaside of its own, and Reason #2 = Jim Goodwin's post-match interview after we'd put the Arabs to a 3-2 swording at Tannadice a few weeks back. It's the single most salty-teared coiffured cringe-fest I ever saw. Blaming absolutely everyone and everything apart from himself and his team, including trotting out the obligatory defeated-manager 'Morton play a certain way' hammer-throwing shite. It ranks as the #1 disingenuous 'bad loser' interview of all time. His team deserves to be trousered just for that.

Mon the Honest Men.

United are 16 points ahead of us, Ayr are 3 points behind us… and you want Ayr to win?

Are you mental?

3 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

United are 16 points ahead of us, Ayr are 3 points behind us… and you want Ayr to win?

Are you mental?

No. Because they’ll still be 3 points behind us when we beat Dunfermline this afternoon.

An interesting team selection - not too sure if Bryden will be off the right or if McKenzie will be shifted over. I would rather have another centre mid/Amartey but we’ll see! I imagine we’ll sit and try to break anyway.

so potentially Bryden playing out on the wide on the right side? McKenzie would make sense more defensivley on the right he'll get back and help out that side but he's done very well behind Dowds so interesting to see

Edited by muZZa__44