Scott Brown's B&W Army ⚫⚪ vs Jim Goodwin's Faltering Tangerines 🟠 - Saturday 3rd February

A pretty frustrating end. Felt we merited at least a point tbh. 

We lack real quality in a lot of areas and in the end we are undone by a team that do. One for those games where if we had been the ones to nick a late goal I don't think anyone would've had any complaints.

McGeady is just done. We need to stop bringing him on as the player to help see things out or to chase a goal. Quite impressive how often he gives the ball away.

Quite a lot of energy, in the first half in particular. Was pleasing to see some decent passages of play from us. We definitely went out with the aim of making them uncomfortable with pressing and occasional directness. If we show that same level of application we will be fine.

Far more positives to take from that performance than I can remember from any other loss for a while.

Edited by AUcal

If Dundee United win the league this season, I hope they have the decency to send Charlie Albinson a crate of champagne because he has had an absolute shocker against them on three separate occasions now. 

Edited by AyrTroopMajor

Draw would have been a fair result. Ayr Lacked clinical finishing and both Dundee United goals looked to come from us giving the ball away.

Unlike us however they were clinical enough to score them.

Looked some free kick from Murphy and Mcgeady is blatantly done as a player.

Great goal by Murphy followed by Dundee United having about 15 corners, every one of them resulting in a goal kick. apart from a 1 on 1 Albinson never had a save to make.

Socond half, Dundee United passed it round us but again didn’t have many clear cut chances and we had to do a lot of defending while having a handful of chances ourselves. Disappointed not to take all 3 points, or one based on the goals we conceded but can’t have too many complaints based on the pressure we were under for about an hour. 

22 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Think you'll find its 4 clear and most likely 7 come 2 weeks time

I'll take the extra point over Queens Park if everyone is giving us it but I don't think it'll stand. 

1 minute ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

We're crap, but we're still somehow grinding out the results. Sounds like we were a bit fortunate to win, again, but I'll take it.

A rangers supporting ‘acquaintance’ told me earlier that Ayr United have joined “the list” (yeah, they have a list) of teams rangers fans hate. Dundee United were on the list. Kudos. But also

12 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

f**k Dundee united 

Usually give officials the benefit of the doubt but that was indefensible today from all 3.

The happiest I’ve ever been after a loss because for the first time in months I was proud of our performance. We’ll be closer to 4th than 9th come May.

McGeady is done, McAllister is so far out his depth, and I think we fucked it by putting Stanger at right back as he was playing a blinder. Would not be against playing Mutch again next week after that either.

1 minute ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

A rangers supporting ‘acquaintance’ told me earlier that Ayr United have joined “the list” (yeah, they have a list) of teams rangers fans hate. Dundee United were on the list. Kudos. But also

The original Rangers were founding members of my list of hated clubs.

We simply tired towards the end and Dundee United knew we were there for the taking. 

It’s disappointing but that’s probably the hardest I’ve seen us play all season. We battled and made it really difficult for them and played some good football into the mix. 

Walton to blame for the Ayr goal, but Grimshaw's foul was stupid. Nonetheless, a good finish from Murphy. Walton redeemed himself later in the half with a point black stop, but I felt United dominated the first half with Middleton better than usual. But the rest of the forward and midfield sections disappointed, again.

Second half Ayr at times put a bit of pressure on, but Watt and Fotheringham made the difference in my view, and Docherty's finish for the winner looked sublime from my addled perspective: this after I'd been mentally putting him down for a poor performance.

3 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

269D5D8700000578-2993059-image-m-17_1426265960658.jpg

The memory of Brown turning up at Hampden only a few days after this was taken and absolutely strolling it in the League Cup final against us does somewhat taint any amusement I might take from that photo sadly.

Edited by captainkev