Aberdeen v Celtic

52 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkant said:

Wonder if Peter will just let the **** win through the week for the Bantz?

#Abergersfamily

According to Kerrydale Street, we'll be "tired".

I wasn't too happy with the first half. It felt like we were both timid and wasteful when we did get the ball, we were lacking composure, and our shape was getting played through quite easily. It was mostly Celtic's profligacy that kept us in the game up until that point. 

Saying that, I did have the feeling that something was there for us if we wanted it. We were much, much improved in the second half. Our counter-pressing swamped Celtic and they often struggled to play around it. We got Miovski much more involved, and Barron, Shinnie (legs gone, completely finished, etc) and McGrath all came onto really strong games. The goal from Miovski is pure class, and on another day we get another one or two from the chances we created in transition, but Celtic did have their share of openings too, in fairness. I think a draw was the right result, and completely deserved for what we put into the second half, even if still being in the game at half-time was more down to Celtic's flaws rather than our strengths. I haven't seen it back, but I thought at the game that it was a poor decision from MacLean not to give Nawrocki a second booking for the challenge on Miovski; I think we go onto win the game quite comfortably if that goes our way. 

As an appendage, I was quite taken aback by just how poor Celtic were. I know they aren't what they were under Postecoglou, and I know they have a few of their better players missing like Hatate and Carter-Vickers, but they actually reminded me a bit of Mick Beale's Rangers when they came to Pittodrie at the end of last season. That back four, in particular, is... not good. It is obviously still in the balance, but I would probably go as far as saying that I think Rangers will win the title this season, which is pretty remarkable all things considered. 

The worrying thing about that performance is that Aberdeen battered us for most of that second half. 

Shouldn’t come as a surprise, we win lots for a period become arrogant and complacent and try do the bare minimum to stay on top.

Handed all the initiative to Rangers now and tbf we deserve to finish with f**k all this season and if and it’s not that big an if St Mirren beat us in the cup, Rodgers is gone and again we will deserve the roasting that will come. 

16 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I wasn't too happy with the first half. It felt like we were both timid and wasteful when we did get the ball, we were lacking composure, and our shape was getting played through quite easily. It was mostly Celtic's profligacy that kept us in the game up until that point. 

Saying that, I did have the feeling that something was there for us if we wanted it. We were much, much improved in the second half. Our counter-pressing swamped Celtic and they often struggled to play around it. We got Miovski much more involved, and Barron, Shinnie (legs gone, completely finished, etc) and McGrath all came onto really strong games. The goal from Miovski is pure class, and on another day we get another one or two from the chances we created in transition, but Celtic did have their share of openings too, in fairness. I think a draw was the right result, and completely deserved for what we put into the second half, even if still being in the game at half-time was more down to Celtic's flaws rather than our strengths. I haven't seen it back, but I thought at the game that it was a poor decision from MacLean not to give Nawrocki a second booking for the challenge on Miovski; I think we go onto win the game quite comfortably if that goes our way. 

As an appendage, I was quite taken aback by just how poor Celtic were. I know they aren't what they were under Postecoglou, and I know they have a few of their better players missing like Hatate and Carter-Vickers, but they actually reminded me a bit of Mick Beale's Rangers when they came to Pittodrie at the end of last season. That back four, in particular, is... not good. It is obviously still in the balance, but I would probably go as far as saying that I think Rangers will win the title this season, which is pretty remarkable all things considered. 

Don't worry lads, Miovski isn't going to Celtic, according to Kerrydale Street, he's "not good enough" for Celtic.

First-half was rubbish but it was a great second-half.

I think the tactic was to allow Scales time on the ball because he's not particularly good on the ball; however, I would've like to see us pressure him more as I felt we could've profited.

Killian Phillips was very good in the second-hald and the signs are he could be a good asset for us in the remainder of the season.

That's the poorest Celtic side I've seen since Delia.

I need to see it again but was it Shinnie that missed that sitter...if he finishes that then I feel we would've taken the three points. Clarkson's effort when clean through was also poor although I think he was offside.

There were a couple of occasions when Clarkson tried the raking cross field Wembley pass when retaining possession would've been wiser under the circumstances. 

Well done to Peter Leven and the players though.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

I really enjoyed that second half, first half not so much. We had Celtic shitting themselves every time we came forward and really should have scored at least a couple more, but so should Celtic, so a draw a fair result. Absolutely beautiful goal from Bojan, and the incident where Nowrocki took out Miovski near the corner flag was laughable. A clearer booking you won’t see, but McLean’s refusal to send him off by giving him the deserved second yellow was compounded by him booking Miovski for having the temerity to be fouled. About a minute earlier he had booked McGrath for allowing himself to be pushed in the chest beside the dugouts. Not a word to the Celtic player involved. But overall a decent afternoon at a Celtic game at Pittodrie. Well, that is apart from the Celtic fans. First half, non stop IRA songs, second half, very quiet. Apart at the end when the entitled, wannabe Irish terrorists who make up about 99% of an away Celtic support at Pittodrie decided that although their team has dominated Scottish football for over 10 years, a dropped two points at Pittodrie is unacceptable. Dregs of Scottish football.

2 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

need to see it again but was it Shinnie that missed that sitter...if he finishes that then I fell we would've taken the three points. 

It was Shinnie, who I thought had a superb game today. If he had put it in the corner it was in. If he’d just lifted it off the ground it was in. Frustrating.

Just now, kingjoey said:

It was Shinnie, who I thought had a superb game today. If he had put it in the corner it was in. If he’d just lifted it off the ground it was in. Frustrating.

Even if it went in, McLean signalled afterwards that he was going to award a foul for Shinnie's challenge on McGregor, so maybe just as well he didn't score. 

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

About a minute earlier he had booked McGrath for allowing himself to be pushed in the chest beside the dugouts. Not a word to the Celtic player involved.

This one annoyed me a lot. Think McGrath maybe steps in front of him to stop him taking a quick throw, and the boy reacts by pushing him into a wall/dugout. 

McLean thinks that reaction is perfectly fair in response to clear skulkduggery against Celtic 

57 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Don't worry lads, Miovski isn't going to Celtic, according to Kerrydale Street, he's "not good enough" for Celtic.

Have to disagree, he’s a cracking player and exactly who we should have went for.

His goal today was superb