Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager 23/24 Edition

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?  

357 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I saw Stephen Kenny at Dublin Airport last year bedecked from head to foot to man bag in Calvin Klein and thought to myself, "now there goes a man with sparse imagination".

On other matters, did the Colonel ever manage the Pars?

When Kenny was our manager there was a very pleasant young player who had come to us from Aberdeen. Our kids went to the same nursery. Results weren’t great and I’d ask if he was doing okay and how training was and he became progressively more haunted and terrified looking. Talk of the drills of shooting from the half way line would turn him even more ghostly white.

7 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Jack Wheelchair linked to the job by the BBC. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68183034

You see because of your reputation for trolling I had to wait for someone else to post about it before I clicked on this. 

Go for it, Aberdeen. We need a bit more entertainment.

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

You see because of your reputation for trolling I had to wait for someone else to post about it before I clicked on this. 

Go for it, Aberdeen. We need a bit more entertainment.

I have never trolled.

15 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

Apparently 3 approached for job until end of season

Warnock believed to be one 

I will go for McLeish and Hughes as the other two

Would be a bit wild if we're going to give someone that clearly suffers the effect of heading too many footballs the job.

That would be a Dave thing, though.

8 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Scottish Sun reporting that we are hoping to have Warnock announced in the next 48 hours and in the dugout for Ibrox. It certainly won't be a boring few months, anyway. 

Would be an interesting one. Tactically hard to say whether you'd see much in the way of thrilling fitba, the man's a pragmatist.

Unlikely to be a dull experience, however.

4 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Warnock is just the English Jim McIntyre with better sound bites.

Its going to be awful seeing how much our media will fan w**k him as if hes somehow above Scottish football. 

Never they are too busy drooling over McInnes, 

It's a no to Warnock for me. The media coverage will be nauseating and he's the type of personality that english people say 'he's old skool, tells it like it is' which usually means he's a total arsehole. 

He'll see it as doing us a favour too . We should be looking for someone long term, none of this 'steadying the ship' nonsense.

13 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

He'll see it as doing us a favour too . We should be looking for someone long term, none of this 'steadying the ship' nonsense.

It sounds like you've hired an external company (MRKT Insights? They seem to do it a lot for English clubs) to completely overhaul your backroom set up and get new people in place, and have given them the rest of the season as a timescale to get it all done.

This appointment likely always about just wasting time until that process is complete and you can go forwards again. 

It depends what Aberdeen believe can be achieved this season.

Top five is still on the table, and recovering this to qualify for Europe would be success. But then Warnock's last actual "good" season as a coach was six years ago, unless you consider Aberdeen to be in relegation trouble as Huddersfield were at the tail end of 22-23. He's retired at least twice and this has the feel of "f**k it, why not" from his point of view.

Depending on what he'll want paid, this is likely to be far from dull, he'll do and say some mad things, but whether it's worth it from Aberdeen's point of view is well up for debate.