Relegation thread - who's going down?

1 hour ago, Only me... said:

I think it will boil down to whoever has the worst injury list now. Anyone could find themselves in the playoffs as nobody has a real depth of squad in the bottom half of league. 

Absolutely this.

Edit to say I don't think it's just the bottom half who this applies to. 

Edited by par-adise

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

Not too late? Dunfermline are above Airdrie and Queens Park! They're absolutely in the mix. 

57 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

All four of these teams are well and truly in the mix.

51 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we go above Ayr tomorrow night. 

I fully accept we're in amongst it, but likewise I can't understand not thinking that Ayr, Airdrie and QP are also kicking about in the brown stuff. 

25 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Is this enough to have QP and Airdrie in the mix for 9th?

I think if Morton keep doing what they're doing they could really challenge Thistle for third but I don't see the current top four changing. Dundee Utd or Raith will win the league, the other will finish second and one of Thistle and Morton will make up the rest of the top four.

Everyone outside of the top four is still in the mix. The Pars have a game in hand on Ayr, one point behind them and play them at East End on Saturday, before Friday I couldn't see how we would escape 9th place.

image.png.53f2a69f7eab587bcf16c73b44ceb4bf.png

sorry guys you are right - of course based on current table, everyone from Ayr down are potentially in the mix.  The reason I singled out Dunfermline & Inverness is based on how many points they have been picking up in the last 5-10 games.   Ayr, QP & Airdrie all seem to have found a bit of form of late which isn't good news for Dunfermline & Inverness.  That said, a lot can happen in 12 games and of course 1 or 2 good or bad results in the championship and things can change dramatically

J McP said we’re not going doon, so with that in mind we will not be in the mix………….. unless James is wrong? 
Nah! He can’t be, he said so with an air of confidence and gusto that even the hard boiled neigh sayers must be convinced 

6 hours ago, airdrieoldboy said:

Much the same as you lot bottling the playoffs again!

Well. I'd rather bottle play offs to the Premiership than be relegated back to the 3rd tier. But then again, 3rd tier is your level to be honest.

34 minutes ago, Wacky said:

J McP said we’re not going doon, so with that in mind we will not be in the mix………….. unless James is wrong? 
Nah! He can’t be, he said so with an air of confidence and gusto that even the hard boiled neigh sayers must be convinced 

I thought you looked dead & buried at half time on friday, but fair play to you - refereeing decisions notwithstanding, you totally deserved the win on that 2nd half performance.  If you can build on that and put together a run then he is probably right.

19 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I called it weeks ago that they would start to drop off. They’re a soft side with no real goal threat. Still think Arbroath will finish bottom and whoever finishes 9th will stay up. 

5th to 9th separated by 3 points makes for great viewing for the neutral, nervy if you're a fan of a team involved I'd imagine.

Admittedly haven't seen overly much of Caley this season, just the odd game on Friday night and highlights but I agree that whoever finishes 9th will be favourites. Accies have the best all round squad of the playoff contenders in L1, they are lumbering along right now given title hopes went up in smoke recently but if they can find form they have a high ceiling and I wouldn't be surprised to see them go up. Many question Rankin's capabilities which could be their Achilles heel.

Alloa are bang in form right now, have some good attacking options in Bobby Wales, Taylor Steven and even Ally Roy who I know didn't do it in the Championship but can chip in with goals. A couple of decent options in the middle of the park with Miko, Kurtis Roberts and Stevie Hetherington, it's at the back they would need to tighten to really mount a challenge.

Montrose, under Petrie, would be a difficult two legged tie. They can keep shape, be very hard to break down and do have goals in them. Very quiet window for the Gable Endies and the consensus is they are one or two short. Miller Thomson really impressed and IF he stayed or was replaced and another body added a la Terry Masson (out injured) the optimism would have been higher. Kerr Waddell long term injured is another blow for the Mighty Mo.

As for us, we're bang average. Recruited very poorly in the summer, barely recruited at all in January, and have a woeful defence (again) so even if we sneak 4th we'll pose little threat to the 9th place finisher. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

19 minutes ago, Vril said:

I thought you looked dead & buried at half time on friday, but fair play to you - refereeing decisions notwithstanding, you totally deserved the win on that 2nd half performance.  If you can build on that and put together a run then he is probably right.

I don’t think anyone was more stunned than us Pars fans, it’s given us all a much needed lift. We can only imagine how the players will have felt that result. 
A huge shot in the arm for all connected with the club. 

1 hour ago, Highlandmagar said:

Well. I'd rather bottle play offs to the Premiership than be relegated back to the 3rd tier. But then again, 3rd tier is your level to be honest.

Still taken 4 points from your mob this season so far, your budget is twice ours despite spunking it away last season.

Dunfermline, Arbroath, Queens Park & Airdrie in a battle for who finishes 9th 🇱🇻⚽💪🔥

Inverness are absolutely smelly 💩💩💩 Wouldn’t be surprised to see them go straight down, Between having an injury ravaged squad with no quality, Facing Administration and Big Dunc losing the plot  as standard (More abject failure ahead for the big man) Biggest Tinpot full time club going imo.

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

You could revise your prediction after every round of games.

I can't see Arbroath getting the wins required so it's 9th at the very best for them. Dunfermline will finish top in the top 5 now there starting to get their players back and Matty Todd is massive for them, therefore Ayr, Airdrie, ICT & QP in no particular order!

52 minutes ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Dunfermline, Arbroath, Queens Park & Airdrie in a battle for who finishes 9th 🇱🇻⚽💪🔥

Inverness are absolutely smelly 💩💩💩 Wouldn’t be surprised to see them go straight down, Between having an injury ravaged squad with no quality, Facing Administration and Big Dunc losing the plot   as standard (Move abject failure ahead for the big man) Biggest Tinpot full time club going imo.

After their nonsense on X, Caley can gtf

2 hours ago, airdrieoldboy said:

Still taken 4 points from your mob this season so far, your budget is twice ours despite spunking it away last season.

Well. That's the cross to bear for an established big club. Not like a regurgitated Clydebank under the guise of Airdrie.

25 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Well. That's the cross to bear for an established big club. Not like a regurgitated Clydebank under the guise of Airdrie.

Ah, the old Clydebank card always comes out when you are struggling for reply!

Anyway, we are Airdrieonians mate - that is what we trade under, get over it.

2 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Inverness are absolutely smelly 💩💩💩 Wouldn’t be surprised to see them go straight down

They've won a game this side of Christmas. Have you?

2 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Biggest Tinpot full time club going imo.

Can't argue with that though.

6 minutes ago, airdrieoldboy said:

Ah, the old Clydebank card always comes out when you are struggling for reply!

Anyway, we are Airdrieonians mate - that is what we trade under, get over it.

A reincarnation of Airdrieonians. Not a true club then. No history. 

6 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Hopefully nobody gets relegated. I've just had a potter about the League 1 forum and my word, the Falkirk fans on here are even worse than that Airdrie chap polluting this thread.

unfortunately they are incoming with there ego's inflated and thinking there good again.  Having them come through the first quarter next year with max 1 win is crucial, not just for the league, but society as a whole.

3 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Hopefully nobody gets relegated. I've just had a potter about the League 1 forum and my word, the Falkirk fans on here are even worse than that Airdrie chap polluting this thread.

They're about to get promoted, though. So maybe we should all just get relegated instead.