Greenock Morton v Motherwell

18 hours ago, madton said:

4126( Jan 18) 4661 ( Aug 17) both against St Mirren.

Think we've a decent chance of beating or at least getting close to the 4.1k one.

It's a shame the days of pulling 4-5k home fans, thinking Killie 2007 when the crowd was 6.6k, appear to be gone. We ironically then took around 4.5k fans to Motherwell in the next round.

4 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Wee reminder of the last time Motherwell came to Cappielow to get sworded by Morton:

The meltdown from the Motherwell fans:

JS72850371.jpg.a82f530e6af1c3f3567f87ff19d0ccb6.jpg

But you got your wish:

Screenshot_20240206_131920_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b6c87208dac5b9ddc9b852a913355a3d.jpg

Wee reminder of the last time Kettlewell came to Cappielow to get sworded by Morton:

Screenshot_20240206_131816_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cf1696f5d03b9a9d79fb47e69ecf1e47.jpg

Wee reminder of the last time Andy Halliday came to Cappielow when fans were allowed in:

andy-halliday-shown-red-card-morton-v-rangers_3405074.jpg.74e44c887c6cb3ae777aa7b71a831e1a.jpg

And this man who hates you lot as much as you hate him there to light the fuse on Friday.

20220519_161834.thumb.jpg.c631bf04f2afb530e86e7cb300d2e1bf.jpg

This could be fun.

Can I like this twice?

7 hours ago, cet homme charmant said:

Edit to add: with the arguable exception of Dundee United

Who we recently sworded 3-2 at Tannadice, resulting in Jim Goodwin's glorious salty-teared post-match interview cringe-a-thon, blaming everyone and everything apart from himself and his actual team who'd screwed up the game courtesy of his awfy shite tactical blunders and the general haplessness of the team he'd picked. Monumental, perfectly-coiffured-and-immaculately-bearded bad losership on an epic scale. Plus - he trotted out the traditional 'Morton are thugs and hammerthrowers who play hoofball' pish to insultingly cap it all off.

Since every single Motherwell supporter (to a man) throughout this entire thread has been universally decent and respectful, I expect no less from Mr. Kettlewell when he hopefully explains the reasons for his 'on-paper-superior' team's narrow defeat.

Possibly. Let's see how the stars align on Friday🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Edited by Chippyminton

26 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Is Halliday cup-tied or will the home fans get the chance to get him sent off again?

Just checked and he didn't play against Spartans so the sending off remains a possibility.

Actually pretty happy Motherwell have won well tonight, partly to see that wee p***k Adams work out how his team keeps losing against teams he thinks are ‘rubbish’, but mainly because it’ll stop the general over-rating of our chances.

We have chances, but Motherwell are clear favourites.

7 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

We've all seen examples in the Scottish Cup of games viewed as the most obvious chance of a shock ending up in a comfortable win for the team from a higher division. I'm confident enough that it'll be a tight game either way rather than yet another pumping from Motherwell, but I'll feel a lot more confident of our chances after tonight if they don't win themselves and Bair's scoring run comes to an end.

brass-eye-one-thing.gif.9fd79a8a581570756fa096517e5b6cf8.gif

Timely reminder for the folk that had us favourites off the back of beating heavily depleted Arbroath and Dunfermline teams. Good run yes, still up against it on Friday.

Shaping up to be a good game.

Nice of Derek Adams to offer Motherwell an open training session this evening. 

Their players must absolutely hate that tit. Imagine having to deal with him every day. 

Nice of Derek Adams to offer Motherwell an open training session this evening. 

Their players must absolutely hate that tit. Imagine having to deal with him every day. 

Still think this will be our toughest game of the week TBH - but last night was a bit of a stroll in the end and we came off the gas for most of the 2nd half, so I don't think Morton's free midweek will be as big a help as it could have been if we had a more testing game last night. 

Even before last night, we were going into this in better shape than we were in a couple of months back - we've been doing well recently but our habit of giving away avoidable goals early on in every game has been hurting us - and I'm not convinced pumping County will have somehow fixed that.

Saturday's game against Killie was probably a better guide for this game and I was pleased then that we were quite physical and were mixing it in midfield as that is what we'll need to be doing in a cup tie like this.

No idea how this is going to go - looking forward to being there.

One of my closest pals supports Motherwell and it's sounded like they've been due to hand out a pumping for a few weeks so lasts nights result doesn't come as a surprise but also isn't a huge cause for concern to me (pleasing if anything, get it right up Derek Adams). As before last nights game, it's still a case of us going in as underdogs but being in the best possible position to approach a game like this which is all we can ask.