Greenock Morton v Motherwell

It's quite interesting to see that the idea of people moving under cover is seen as a safety issue now. It's giving me nostalgia for when I was young in the pre-1991 Fir Park. It was common for the entire terracing crowd to squeeze into the covered terracing when it was raining and I would think in those days, the terracing overall had a capacity and no-one actually cared where they all stood.

This game illustrates the point well..

26 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Fair play to him. He's addressed the questions asked and mentioned and in a timely manner (think he saw my post....).

Again, much better responses recently to that of old. Could split hairs and say that this could have been mentioned sooner/or worded the original post different but.....that's academic.

Glad he's seen the need to nip it in the bud and correctly try and focus attention on the match itself.

I'm a bit confused still after reading that. Do Motherwell fans have access to the Wee Dublin End behind the goals (uncovered), a bit of the Main Stand (covered) and a bit of the Cowshed (covered)?

3 minutes ago, Desp said:

I'm a bit confused still after reading that. Do Motherwell fans have access to the Wee Dublin End behind the goals (uncovered), a bit of the Main Stand (covered) and a bit of the Cowshed (covered)?

No, not the Cowshed.

The segregation comment is about stopping any flow from the Wee Dublin End to the Cowshed.

9 minutes ago, cet homme charmant said:

Disagree. The capacity restrictions should have been announced days ago, not a few hours before KO

Understandable - but we have to remember that Dale's been having to react to a fluid situation which has been changing practically by the hour as more and more tickets have been getting sold. He's taken decisions based on the here & now, on safety, and on providing the best matchday experience for everyone at the game. That's his job - and don't forget that the buck would stop with him if anything bad happened as a result of poor capacity management. Plus - he's reacted very quickly to concerns supporters have raised, and he's addressed them in a clear, concise and honest way. I don't honestly see what more he could possibly have been expected to do.

Edited by Chippyminton

Motherwell seem to actually have the measure of what we're about which makes me think they'll come out on top by a couple of goals in the end. 

Hopefully not, we're good enough to win if Motherwell are in any way off it. 

43 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Understandable - but we have to remember that Dale's been having to react to a fluid situation which has been changing practically by the hour as more and more tickets have been getting sold.  

Nah, sorry. Until a few hours ago the fact there was a reduced capacity and there was a real prospect of the home ticket allocation being sold out, was never mentioned. With the home capacity reduced to only  3.700 they should have been well aware days ago that there was a risk of it being a sell-out. The fact that only 800 had been sold by Tuesday or whatever is irrelevant -  they should have known and anticipated that a large proportion of the home fans, probably even the majority, would have purchased their ticket on the day or the day before. 

It's pish poor, and if anyone misses the game because of this, then it will be a crying shame.

Can anyone copy and paste what he has said. I seem to get an overlay on contact template. Dont use x.

Health and safety has gone mad. If your in the Sinclair street end that where you are can't move as you please.

1 minute ago, Paisley Ton said:

Can anyone copy and paste what he has said. I seem to get an overlay on contact template. Dont use x.

Health and safety has gone mad. If your in the Sinclair street end that where you are can't move as you please.

Movement is still free between Sinclair St and Cowshed, as far as I can tell.

There is no reasonable way they can enforce that.

Spoiler

Not that "reasonable" means much to our ""safety"" team.

Fucking hope this doesn't turn out like the Dundee U game when we shut the ground with 12,500 in it and locked out 100's of season ticket holding fans including me the BIL and two boys. They all migrated to OF after it.

Edited by Paisley Ton
why

47 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Motherwell seem to actually have the measure of what we're about which makes me think they'll come out on top by a couple of goals in the end. 

Hopefully not, we're good enough to win if Motherwell are in any way off it. 

While it was good to hear Kettlewell praise us and show us proper respect (he seems loke a very likable and decent bloke by the way), it also means that he'll make sure his team don't underestimate us and think they only have to turn up. He'll have them well prepared for a tough game, I'm sure. 

No idea what it's like in Greenock but it's lashing, blowing a hoolie from the East and 2c before the wind chill on the Ayrshire coast right now. I'm shivering at the thought of being a Motherwell fan in that big open terrace behind the goals tonight. Fair play to those who are going to brave the drenching if it's the same as down the coast.