Motherwell v Ross County (7:45pm Tue, 6th Feb)

14 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Bbc says sportscene is on at 11. And all they are showing is some Highland fuckery.

They really didn't want to show the Adams interview....

On at 11:30 now.

Technical issues

I'm genuinely trying to think (us aside) if I've seen a more abject team performance at Fir Park in the last decade as County put on tonight - and I can't  bring one to mind. There were acres of space for us to operate in and we obviously took full advantage.

Spittal has the air of a player hitting his peak just as his contract is winding down (and he'll surely be offski as a result) - he put multiple great through balls tonight, scored 2 brilliant goals and is arguably our most important player at the moment.

This is an interesting bookend to the 3-0 horsing we took in Dingwall in December where we had Connor Wilkinson starring in midfield and looked (almost) every bit as abject as County did tonight. The fact is that we are hugely improved from November/December and the squad is now looking serviceable.

We've got a better team to play against on Friday night obviously but I'm feeling more confident for our trip to Greenock. 

I genuinely went to bed at half time and couldn't be arsed with this pish over the radio. County are rotten from the top down and this has been a long running malaise that stretches all the way back to McIntyre's time in charge. Ketts, Coyle, Malky, Adams, all have just been plasters over an increasingly sick club.

9 hours ago, Swello said:

Spittal has the air of a player hitting his peak just as his contract is winding down (and he'll surely be offski as a result) - he put multiple great through balls tonight, scored 2 brilliant goals and is arguably our most important player at the moment.

Spittal was pretty solid at County, he was on the bench for a good while but once got his chance nailed a place in the team.  One criticism I had was his shooting from outside the box was woeful, he would regularly put the ball into the Jail when it broke to him.  He has clearly improved on that aspect of his game and by all accounts is a pretty decent bloke, I wouldn't be surprised if he re-signs for you.

Why is Adams making out as if he's just taken over at County and is there doing them a favour? 

He's been there almost 3 months and had a full transfer window to try and sort the squad and they arguably look worse than before he got there. 

I can't think of a manager coming in that's had such a negative impact on a club as a whole. Surely he won't be there much longer? 

11 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Why is Adams making out as if he's just taken over at County and is there doing them a favour? 

It's like he's seen how Warnock is being treated by the media for coming in to give Aberdeen a boost until the end of the season, and is deluding himself into thinking he's doing the same.

Who the fuck is the County number 24?  He's slower than that boy Euan Murray at Raith.  Which I didn't think was physically possible.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Who the f**k is the County number 24?  He's slower than that boy Euan Murray at Raith.  Which I didn't think was physically possible.

Michee Efete, another top quality L2 signing.

2 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Michee Efete, another top quality L2 signing.

But hey now! The “Grimsby Town” fans told us we were getting a top quality defender that was a physical presence from set pieces. That’s why they released him to make space for, erm, Liam Smith (the man whose head United fans wanted on a stick last season). 

League Two in England is Championship standard in Scotland at best. The only reason players from the top 2 leagues up here sign for clubs at that level in England is for the money.  The standard is fucking laughable.

Just watch any Wrexham game to confirm it.  They seem to be on Sky or BT every week.  Absolute dogshit.  I watched Carlisle v someone last season in the League Two play off semi final and was literally laughing at some of the football on show.

45 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

League Two in England is Championship standard in Scotland at best. The only reason players from the top 2 leagues up here sign for clubs at that level in England is for the money.  The standard is fucking laughable.

Just watch any Wrexham game to confirm it.  They seem to be on Sky or BT every week.  Absolute dogshit.  I watched Carlisle v someone last season in the League Two play off semi final and was literally laughing at some of the football on show.

The thing that's always struck me when I've watched English games is the size of the boys playing. They are absolute monsters; I'd say the average League Two jobber down south must be well over six foot and they are usually all very sturdy lads. Technical ability wise I think a lot are woeful (actually in many cases well below average Championship standard) but that can be glossed over with a bit of pace and power.

Tom Dallison is a great example of that. A strapping big guy who was absolutely howling for Falkirk (to the level they actually played him up front at one point I'm sure) but who has enjoyed a solid League Two career down south.

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

The thing that's always struck me when I've watched English games is the size of the boys playing. They are absolute monsters; I'd say the average League Two jobber down south must be well over six foot and they are usually all very sturdy lads. Technical ability wise I think a lot are woeful (actually in many cases well below average Championship standard) but that can be glossed over with a bit of pace and power.

Tom Dallison is a great example of that. A strapping big guy who was absolutely howling for Falkirk (to the level they actually played him up front at one point I'm sure) but who has enjoyed a solid League Two career down south.

I think pace and power has been the mantra for Nigel football for as long as I can remember.  Even at elite level, their national team these days heavily relies on it, save for maybe Foden and they really lack top technical players, save for maybe Bellingham.

6 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I mind Carlisle playing County in a friendly once when Pressley managed them and they were absolutely hopeless. I know it was a friendly but none of their players looked above Championship level.

Not seen anyone saying so but I thought the ref was fantastic last night. Not much need for him to get involved in the game and make poor decisions. Allowed the game to flow and barely noticed he was there. Also enjoyed him refereeing the ball boys to hurry up at points. 

Just now, witchfindergeneral said:

Not seen anyone saying so but I thought the ref was fantastic last night. Not much need for him to get involved in the game and make poor decisions. Allowed the game to flow and barely noticed he was there. Also enjoyed him refereeing the ball boys to hurry up at points. 

I think you're not allowed to say that when you win five-scud - it needs a County supporter to mention it :)

(I thought he let Halliday off with an absolute stick on booking in the first half - but he was fine)

11 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Looking at the County team it struck me how small they were. Jordan White was the only big guy. None of the centre backs are BIG

We have been shite at defending set pieces recently but County's first corner was a shorty. They have no targets to hit even against us. Bair physically dominated the County back line. At half time I was looking at the County subs and there wasn't one big body among them either.