Looking forward to this match between the two teams with the best pitches in Scottish fitba.

We're still a bit light defensively and in midfield with injuries and suspensions, but hopefully KVV and Stewart will be more up to speed and will be able to contribute more to the attack. I think Vass needs a turn on the bench.

Livi are fighting for their lives, but if we play as we can, we should be too much for them.

2-0. 

2 hours ago, Fide said:

Looking forward to this match between the two teams with the best pitches in Scottish fitba.

We're still a bit light defensively and in midfield with injuries and suspensions, but hopefully KVV and Stewart will be more up to speed and will be able to contribute more to the attack. I think Vass needs a turn on the bench.

Livi are fighting for their lives, but if we play as we can, we should be too much for them.

2-0. 

Probably yep.

We can't deal with Killie's set pieces very well, or how you play it down the flanks. We're now scoring goals at least, but can't defend for toffee, so can't see us getting anything here.

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That's not on plastic, or even in the top flight.  

You're right but it's where you'll be next season anyway, maybe you can win 5-0 against Falkirk on your plastic pitch.

Killie posses competent forward players and therefore have exceeded the threshold required to score against our amateur defence on present form. I’ll be impressed if we keep a clean sheet. I do think we could score though. 

8 hours ago, crispy said:

Killie posses competent forward players and therefore have exceeded the threshold required to score against our amateur defence on present form. I’ll be impressed if we keep a clean sheet. I do think we could score though. 

There's every chance you will. Our defence is on the bones of it's arse at present. 

12 hours ago, crispy said:

Aye you'd like to think Martindale will at least set us up to have an attacking threat. Can Understand why he didn't against Sevco at Ibrox, but we'll need to score at least 1 goal to take something here, because we wont keep a clean sheet.

On 04/02/2024 at 15:48, Navallion said:

You're right but it's where you'll be next season anyway, maybe you can win 5-0 against Falkirk on your plastic pitch.

After the season we’ve had, I’ll take this with a whisky chaser. 

17 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Looks like we are down to the bare bones with Watkins, Armstrong & Kennedy all still to train this week after picking up knocks at Motherwell on Saturday.

I'm hoping at least one of them falls in to the 'mind games' from Derek category. Missing all 3 for tonight would be a huge blow. 

Hopefully the likes of GMS, Van Veen and Stewart are now fit and ready to step in. 

18 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Looks like we are down to the bare bones with Watkins, Armstrong & Kennedy all still to train this week after picking up knocks at Motherwell on Saturday.

Whilst this would be a huge blow and I appreciate some of the newer guys won’t be fully fit yet it’s a great reflection on the squad the options we still have in attack despite these injuries.

I think this game is a bit of a test of our credentials for qualifying for Europe or even being sure of the top six. Clearly we should win, given the league table and how comfortable the game was at Rugby Park earlier in the season. We've also only lost at Ibrox in our last 10 league games, but there have been a few too many draws of late, and we have led in all of those games. Along with the injury/suspension list, it does sort of feel like the sort of game that we could stumble in.

If we can get three points here then it will be massive given the more challenging run of league games coming up.

22 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

4 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

I'm hoping at least one of them falls in to the 'mind games' from Derek category. Missing all 3 for tonight would be a huge blow. 

Hopefully the likes of GMS, Van Veen and Stewart are now fit and ready to step in. 

What a rollercoaster of emotions that was, thinking we'd maybe have a chance against a depleted Killie team then being reminded that their emergency backups are Greg Stewart and Kevin Van Veen.

Hopefully the County result last night can spur the team on to putting in a good shift, is it too optimistic to think Martindale could go with a 4-2-3-1 from the start?

George

Brandon  -  Donnellan  -  Obileye  -  Penrice

Holt  -  Sangare

MacKay  -  Kelly  -  Nouble

Anderson

You could really pick a few players to take the midfield spots, Carson or Shinnie could be in there instead of Sangare depending on what Martindale is looking for. Personally would go for Sangare as he's looked somewhat decent in his few minutes at LCB and LWB so I'd be content with him in a wee space there if Penrice is attacking up the wing, but Carson looked alright from what I watched of our game at the weekend.

Wee bit gutted I can't make it along to this but I'm sure I'll be over it when Killie are 2 up before half time.