Nations League Draw (Thursday 5pm)

4 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

And the best bit about this campaign is that General Eyebleed has been emptied !

Get your comments written doon before he re-appears under yet another username.

Quick !...Blaw yer utter trumpets afore he returns ! 😉

Whats he been emptied for?

12 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

I know we got a tough group on paper in the Euro qualifiers, but isn’t it a bit of a myth that Scotland always get seriously difficult draws? I don’t think we’ve been in a proper group of death for anything since the Euro 2008 qualifiers and we got particularly lucky in the playoff draw for Qatar (but proceeded to f**k it up) 

WC 2014 and Euro 2016 were really tough groups at that time. We’ve only had 2022 in recent memory without a real powerhouse nation involved, and you could argue that we should have finished 2nd in our group given our opponents in WC 2018.

22 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

WC 2014 and Euro 2016 were really tough groups at that time. We’ve only had 2022 in recent memory without a real powerhouse nation involved, and you could argue that we should have finished 2nd in our group given our opponents in WC 2018.

2014 was more a case of us being tragically shite than the group being particularly difficult imo. You had Belgium and Croatia before their recent golden eras properly kicked off, and ok Serbia team, one man Wales and then Macedonia, who any remotely decent team can take care of.

2016 I’ll give you that we had the world champions and a very decent Poland side. Absolutely should have came 3rd though. 

41 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

05/09 - Poland (h)
08/09 - Portugal (a)
12/10 - Croatia (a)
15/10 - Portugal (h)
15/11 - Croatia (h)
18/11 - Poland (a)

Had a quick look and typically it takes around 14 points to win the group, 10 to come second and 7 to come third.

To come 3rd we will likely need 4 points off Poland and win one of the other home games.

To come 2nd we will likely need to beat Poland home and away, win one of the other home games and sneak another point somewhere.

To win the group we’d need either 5 wins or 4 wins and 2 draws. 

29 minutes ago, Elgin Macca said:

how the flights looking mate?

Saturday-Tuesday with easyjet was £120 this morning. Porto route was cheap too Friday-Monday but it's more of a risk as the flight home is early morning so if the game is Lisbon you're a bit snookered.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/ticket-information-announced-for-scotland-men-s-2024-fixtures/?rid=13925

5 match package on sale for members Tuesday 27th February, single tickets 4th March then public sale from 7th March.

£150 for West/East, £175 for North/South for the package.

10 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/ticket-information-announced-for-scotland-men-s-2024-fixtures/?rid=13925

5 match package on sale for members Tuesday 27th February, single tickets 4th March then public sale from 7th March.

£150 for West/East, £175 for North/South for the package.

Can you remember how much the match package was last year for the North Stand? I can’t get logged onto the website to check. I appreciate we‘re in with the big boys now but I don’t recall it being that much. 

I have a great seat in the North Stand I’d hate to give up but £35 for two friendlies and I can’t make the Portugal game anyway is making me think twice. 

1 minute ago, ScottR96 said:

Can you remember how much the match package was last year for the North Stand? I can’t get logged onto the website to check. I appreciate we‘re in with the big boys now but I don’t recall it being that much. 

I have a great seat in the North Stand I’d hate to give up but £35 for two friendlies and I can’t make the Portugal game anyway is making me think twice. 

£125 East/West and £150 North/South for the 2023 package which was 4 competitive games plus England so it's went up £25 and 2 of the 5 are friendlies.

3 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Can you even renew the same seat?

It’s £5 too expensive for each game imo, especially the friendlies.