Nations League Draw (Thursday 5pm)

35 minutes ago, TeeMan said:

This. I love the Nations League but the addition of extra relegation/playoff places is too much.

Agreed. The extra matches for 2nd and 3rd in each group feel totally unnecessary. 

The extra matches in the Nations League are to account for the fact that the groups for Euros and WC qualifying are being reduced in size to 4/5 instead of 5/6, so there aren't really any extra games.

Denmark Hungary Israel will me do thanks aye anno that Israel are sticky wickets and maybe the tension in the world with the just now might provide the usual obstacles but would rather draw them than the others hopefully where we are just now we are stronger to hopefully beat them again 

2 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Denmark Hungary Israel will me do thanks aye anno that Israel are sticky wickets and maybe the tension in the world with the just now might provide the usual obstacles but would rather draw them than the others hopefully where we are just now we are stronger to hopefully beat them again 

Whilst we could get Denmark and Hungary from pots 2 and 3 we cannot get Israel as they like us are in pot 4 (as are the other promoted teams)

Italy and Portugal please as it's been a while for Italy and absolute ages for Portugal (Paolo Futre and some unknown called Jorge Cadete tearing us a nice new one over in their midden). Don't care about the third option. Switzerland or Tchurmany.

2 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

I don't understand it but is all a bit strange with the numbers on it I'm interested who is in pot three

The Pot 3 teams are as follows

Switzerland

Poland

Germany

France

4 hours ago, velo army said:

Italy and Portugal please as it's been a while for Italy and absolute ages for Portugal (Paolo Futre and some unknown called Jorge Cadete tearing us a nice new one over in their midden). Don't care about the third option. Switzerland or Tchurmany.

We played Portugal a few years ago at Hampden. I don't blame you for erasing the memory 😩

17 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

We played Portugal a few years ago at Hampden. I don't blame you for erasing the memory 😩

Aye I looked that up on Youtube and have absolutely no memory of this game ever happening. 

So aye, my mind is still settled on the fact that we haven't played them since the "night a team died".