Dees vs. The Rubbers, Sunday 11th Feb, 2pm

Just now, Fifespud said:

This should be a belter given the time he’s taken…..

IMG_4633.jpeg

You’re telling me I spend too much time on here yet you’re sitting watching as I type? 😂

Firstly, unlike you, I’m barely ever on here (see my profile). Secondly, I just posted an honest remark which a lot of Dundee fans reacted to, and probably because what I said is true.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Just simple stuff. Sign good players, put good players in their best position, let good players play football.

I’m not sure we’re there yet but this is what Wright did, and I could only admire, along at McDiarmid. 

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

Ha ha, fair play.

Dundee the better side, so Saints can't argue with the result in the slightest.

Thought we would have absolutely robbed you guys if we had won that game and even a draw would have been a kind result for Saints.

There was no point in that game where Dundee weren't on top and Saints just couldn't get to grips with the balls into the box.

Haven't seen the VAR decision back, but it probably provided the innevitable breakthrough. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

3 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Sylla is a rolls Royce mate. 

Yeah hes the type of midfielder everyone in this league needs, IMO.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

I’m not sure we’re there yet but this is what Wright did, and I could only admire, along at McDiarmid. 

"Football is a simple game, complicated by idiots"

Some managers get it, some dont. Docherty clearly does.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah hes the type of midfielder everyone in this league needs, IMO.

"Football is a simple game, complicated by idiots"

Some managers get it, some dont. Docherty clearly does.

It’s actually amazed me to see how simple it is to get it mostly right. The other thing Wright did, from my perspective, is use the windows to sign players who are better than the incumbents. We’re only 6th and may not stay there but it’s been a season where I’m looking forward to getting to games. It was getting pretty difficult to get motivated. 

Whilst we’re having our no doubt brief truce I’d like to apologise for my ‘new father’ jibe earlier in this thread. Defo below the belt and I genuinely regret it. 

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

It’s actually amazed me to see how simple it is to get it mostly right. The other thing Wright did, from my perspective, is use the windows to sign players who are better than the incumbents. 

Wrights biggest skill was getting the most out of what he had. I think his transfers were more hit and miss than they seemed, but he was always able to adapt to find a different strength. In saying that i think the final squad he built was the best squad.

Felt like every season we had a different player becoming the "main man" and he'd lose them fairly regularly but still manage to rebuild.

Guess time will tell with Docherty on that front, but its something McInnes always managed and i think youre already seeing it with Docherty.

Id be amazed if he doesnt have you challenging/in the top 6 almost every season hes with you.

Firstly, I’ve not read the thread yet and im more than certain it’s a bin fire.

Secondly I thought we were well worthy of the 3 points.

Thirdly I thought the St Johnstone fans were absolutely outstanding throughout, a credit to their club. 

And finally, what a sight to see before heading up the road to Aberdeen. 

Thank you.

IMG_2284.jpeg

1 minute ago, Derryboy62 said:

Any other Dees notice Costelloe  cupping his ear to the rubbers at the end? 

Waved at us at least twice too. I despise the fucker for that, but at the same time, fair play. 

I see he’s still got that pathetic swagger though. 

6 minutes ago, Derryboy62 said:

Smelt like karma to me after the Saints sub taunting the Derry after getting subbed. 

Aye fair play to him, not sure why he even got the boos, I’m sure he didn’t try to be tom tit for us.

5 minutes ago, Derryboy62 said:

Smelt like karma to me after the Saints sub taunting the Derry after getting subbed. 

Yes, I saw that.  Probably did it due to all the stick he was getting from the St Johnstone fans every time he touched the ball.

Why is Costelloe so disliked by the Saints fans?  It seemed the abuse he was getting was over and above what an ex player who didn’t spend very much time at the club usually gets.  In fact I would have thought they’d be delighted he had left given how bad they say he is

Munro has consistently been the worst referee we've had on a consistent basis starting right from early in the season with the Mulligan red card.

This is a considerable leap in incompetence. It's one thing getting a football decision wrong but quite another allowing play to continue (regardless of who's in attack) whilst a player lies motionless on the ground after a blow to the back of the head.

Horrific.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Why is Costelloe so disliked by the Saints fans?  It seemed the abuse he was getting was over and above what an ex player who didn’t spend very much time at the club usually gets.  

If I had to guess, I think it has to do with a Charlie Adam (Burnley loan manager) interview where he says he basically had to force Costelloe to come up north, and the fact that he just wasn't good enough for us. I've nothing against the guy, and it was a stupid thing for Adam to say.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Why is Costelloe so disliked by the Saints fans?  It seemed the abuse he was getting was over and above what an ex player who didn’t spend very much time at the club usually gets.  In fact I would have thought they’d be delighted he had left given how bad they say he is

Charlie Adam came out with an interview saying Costelloe hadnt wanted to join us on loan as he thought the Scottish Premiership was below him, and he'd rather go to EFL League Two.

He was then pea hearted and shite for us.

Then he randomly claimed he'd be sent death threats after joining you (which in reality was a couple of tweets making jokes about him signing for our "deadly rivals").

1 hour ago, Sainthearted said:

There’s a theory in our workplace that Dundee fans are among the worst in the league, however I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt because I know some gracious Dee fans with some decent banter.

However, this thread really helps clarify why so many people believe Dundee fans are the worst in the league. There’s quite a few gracious comments from Saints fans (e.g., “Dundee were the better team”), however there’s no sign of any Dundee fan with even an ounce of grace or humility (you’ll usually find one or two from opposing sides).

It’s pretty weird considering they’ve been the third team in Tayside for over a decade. They’re almost as bad as Rangers fans (not quite).

Over a decade on this site and this is one of the most glorious head explosions I’ve ever seen. 
Get home to your wife/sister asap for a cuddle you neep howking dribbler. 

19 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Firstly, I’ve not read the thread yet and im more than certain it’s a bin fire.

Secondly I thought we were well worthy of the 3 points.

Thirdly I thought the St Johnstone fans were absolutely outstanding throughout, a credit to their club. 

And finally, what a sight to see before heading up the road to Aberdeen. 

Thank you.

IMG_2284.jpeg

What? The broken fencing and wasteland?