It appears that Pollok are following Darvel down the road of financial instability. Ironic that they should be cutting their cloth by selling to another car crash in the making, Johnstone Burgh. If you can’t balance the books at a club like Pollok, you really shouldn’t be there. 

1 minute ago, Shanner said:

Do those paying the £200 get anything in return? 

I don't blame anyone who pays it because who wouldn't want to help their club, but it's a decent wedge to most folk these days. 

The first place they should start is by asking the players to take wage cuts.

13 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Do those paying the £200 get anything in return? 

I don't blame anyone who pays it because who wouldn't want to help their club, but it's a decent wedge to most folk these days. 

When Meadow were in financial trouble we done a share issue so fans at least got something back for their money and didn't have to pay £100 / £50 all at once although a lot of fans did.

Surely Pollok could sell 6 players for anything from £3,000 - £10000 each and use their development team for rest of season if struggling? I am sure would be still a competitive team well away from relegation trouble.

Edited by Shannon

Just now, Shannon said:

When Meadow were in financial trouble we done a share issue so fans at least got something back and didn't have to pay £100 / £50 all at once although a lot of fans did.

Surely Pollok could sell 6 players for anything from £3,000 - £10000 each and use their development team for rest of season if struggling? I am sure would be still a competitive team well away from relegation trouble.

Darren Christie sold to Johnstone Burgh.

Pollok with their great crowds which I'm envious about shouldn't be anywhere near this precarious position as their crowds should allow them to be fully Sustainable. 

No idea if they've became victims of trying to keep up with the moronic darvels, Johnstone burgh  , St cadocs  ,gartcairns , drumpchapels etc etc but one thing that strikes firmly home to Me is seeing how many clubs at this current time are hammering money at it. 

It used to be lone rangers like the buffs of the 90s, the meadow of the naughties, the hurlford soon after and most latterly and soon to be ending darvel . It's an utter nonsense and I can't wait to see Johnstone burgh becoming a statistic as this  brutal spending is absurd  and hell mend them.

20 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

The first place they should start is by asking the players to take wage cuts.

Probably worth a try if things are desperate, but being in a position where you're effectively at the mercy of the charity of players and/or fans is a mad predicament to find yourself in. 

44 minutes ago, Shankland1874 said:

They don’t do enough to try and encourage new fans but rely on a hardcore support. Trying to keep up with the big money benefactors and hoping that a cup run will balance the books is unrealistic 

All of that is a LONG way from the truth.

3 minutes ago, archieb said:

All of that is a LONG way from the truth.

So what is the truth?

Begging bowl out when your boasting about having had more than 10000 through the gates and also changing £9.

Always good to see other fans wanting to see Pollok fail. Whatever the current situation and outcome of the current situation is, Pollok will be stronger for it. 

No club outside the top five in the country surely budgets on Scottish cup. Ludicrous. 

7 minutes ago, PollokGang said:

No club outside the top five in the country surely budgets on Scottish cup. Ludicrous. 

Meadow did when Polloks current financial advisor was our chairman.