2 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

I hope EK thrive, whatever the future brings. I made that clear. If you choose to believe MK is a non funding selfless individual, there's not much I can say to change that, obviously. 

I didn't say MK doesn't put funding in when at these clubs, he almost certainly did/does via his company, but Darvel are (or were) owned my a multi-millionaire as are EK and they were spending big before MK came along to either club. 

28 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

EK arent funded by MK, EK have been very well funded long before him.   Also John Gall was the money man at Darvel.

Is it beyond your comprehension that MK could have been putting his own money into whatever club he was at in addition to others? As an example, one of the players he signed for Darvel was Darren Miller who, at that time at the very least, worked for MK business. 

1 minute ago, jaggyness said:

Is it beyond your comprehension that MK could have been putting his own money into whatever club he was at in addition to others? As an example, one of the players he signed for Darvel was Darren Miller who, at that time at the very least, worked for MK business. 

See above 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

I didn't say MK doesn't put funding in when at these clubs, he almost certainly did/does via his company, but Darvel are (or were) owned my a multi-millionaire as are EK and they were spending big before MK came along to either club. 

The level of investment at each club has increased markedly within the confines of MKs spells, and has decreased almost more rapidly after.

We are literally chasing feathers in the wind here.

Also worth pointing out that prior to his involvement within the football pyramid MK was at amateur side Colville Park who were paying players and also went belly up after he left. Given the players should have been paying their way at this level it looks suspicious at the very least. 

35 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

EK arent funded by MK, EK have been very well funded long before him.   Also John Gall was the money man at Darvel.

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

In the space of about 3 posts you’ve gone from telling us Mick the Dick doesn’t fund EK to telling us he certainly does fund EK.

What an utter zoomer you are :lol: you’d be as well vacating this thread at the earliest opportunity because you are just littering it with relentless drivel.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

In the space of about 3 posts you’ve gone from telling us Mick the Dick doesn’t fund EK to telling us he certainly does fund EK.

What an utter zoomer you are :lol: you’d be as well vacating this thread at the earliest opportunity because you are just littering it with relentless drivel.

Listen daftie, John Gall funds Darvel, he funded them before MK appeared, the guy is a very wealthy man.  

A Dumbarton fan, a club with an ownership structure that would mystify anyone, has a go at LL and EK and the way they're funded. Remarkable 😂 

Edited by Burnieman

Just now, Burnieman said:

Listen daftie, John Gall funds Darvel, he fuunded them before MK appeared, the guy is a very wealthy man.  

:lol: you do realise more than one singular person can provide funding to help a club spend massively outwith it’s means? You probably don’t because you clearly have the IQ of a dug.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

:lol: you do realise more than one singular person can provide funding to help a club spend massively outwith it’s means? You probably don’t because you clearly have the IQ of a dug.

I do indeed, but a Dumbarton fan getting gobby at the Lowland League and it's clubs over ownership and money is in a very small glass house.  Careful what you wish for, the greasy pole also works downwards as well as up, maybe Broomhill will buy you.

16 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

The level of investment at each club has increased markedly within the confines of MKs spells, and has decreased almost more rapidly after.

We are literally chasing feathers in the wind here.

I think the whole point here was that Darvel and EK don't depend on any alleged money being brought to the club by a manager.

Darvel have had a very wealthy owner for the last eight years, that owner is now leaving at the end of the season so there's a little more to their financial woes than MK leaving.

Likewise EK are where they are due to having wealthy owners who have their sights firmly set on the SPFL and have done since day 1.  Again, if MK leaves then that won't derail it.

To use it as a stick to beat EK, or the LL or the Pyramid by some fans of clubs who have stunk out the SPFL for too long is a sight to behold, particulary as their own clubs aren't squeekly clean either.

Just now, Burnieman said:

I think the whole point here was that Darvel and EK don't depend on any alleged money being brought to the club by a manager.

Darvel have had a very wealthy owner for the last eight years, that owner is now leaving at the end of the season so there's a little more to their financial woes than MK leaving.

Likewise EK are where they are due to having wealthy owners who have their sights firmly set on the SPFL and have done since day 1.  Again, if MK leaves then that won't derail it.

To use it as a stick to beat EK, or the LL or the Pyramid by some fans of clubs who have stunk out the SPFL for too long is a sight to behold, particulary as their own clubs aren't squeekly clean either.

Interesting. I haven't called out EK, the LL, or the Pyramid. One individual.

They don't depend on the money, but in the past, when the money has gone, hardship has almost always followed. Lot of coincidence. 

7 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Dumbarton have already been relegated out of the Scottish League, so going down maybe won't concern them too much.

Scottish League Division B[edit]

Pos Team
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts Promotion or relegation
1 Motherwell 30 21 3 6 109 43 +66 45 Promotion to the 1954–55 Division A
2 Kilmarnock 30 19 4 7 71 39 +32 42
3 Third Lanark 30 13 10 7 78 48 +30 36  
4 Stenhousemuir 30 14 8 8 66 58 +8 36
5 Morton 30 15 3 12 85 65 +20 33
6 St Johnstone 30 14 3 13 80 71 +9 31
7 Albion Rovers 30 12 7 11 55 63 −8 31
8 Dunfermline Athletic 30 11 9 10 48 57 −9 31
9 Ayr United 30 11 8 11 50 56 −6 30
10 Queen's Park 30 9 9 12 56 51 +5 27
11 Alloa Athletic 30 7 10 13 50 72 −22 24
12 Forfar Athletic 30 10 4 16 38 69 −31 24
13 Cowdenbeath 30 9 5 16 67 81 −14 23
14 Arbroath 30 8 7 15 53 67 −14 23
15 Dundee United 30 8 6 16 54 79 −25 22
16 Dumbarton 30 7 8 15 51 92 −41 22 Relegated to the 1954–55 Division C

41 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Dumbarton and Clyde fans getting their knickers in a twist over how other teams run their business is genuinely hilarious 

I fundamentally agree with you, but rest assured that the shitshow at these two clubs is primarily the product of chancers, incompetents, cowards and in our case a criminal, and not the supporters themselves.

Without a shadow of a doubt, the worst thing to happen to DFC in my lifetime was moving from Boghead as it's seen property speculators gather like flies round shite.  Or make that shite round shite.

7 hours ago, platform 19 said:

They certainly got in the door first and adopted the pyramid structure.

However when you analyse some of the historical facts on the WoS premier teams being relegated there’s Cambuslang, Petershill and Kilwinning with around TWELVE Scottish cup wins and a further eleven runners up.  I’ve no idea what this would do to any weightings or rankings but there’s a winners history/tradition in the mix. Was recently at Somerville Park which can only be described as fallen grandeur at best. Dont suppose business plans and strategic vision were deemed necessary in those halcyon days. 
wonder where they’d now be if they had actually the foresight to plan and develop.

Theres a lesson in there somewhere.

Yeah, timing is a big part of it. If the West had joined the pyramid a few years earlier, when Talbot were winning 6 league titles in 8 years, they could have been an SPFL club by now. If Linlithgow Rose had joined up until about 2012 it could be them in L2 instead of Bonnyrigg. Twenty years ago Tayport were probably the best non-league side in the country. The stage in their cycle, the quality of their committee, the level of ambition and finance all come and go and those in the right place at the right time have taken advantage of the pyramid coming together. But things always change. 

MK is straight out of the Barry Ferguson school of (mis)management. Throw enough cash around to appear successful and feed your out of control ego, thinking you are the next mourinho.

Hopefully just like Ferguson he gets found out big time shortly.

12 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

MK is straight out of the Barry Ferguson school of (mis)management. Throw enough cash around to appear successful and feed your out of control ego, thinking you are the next mourinho.

Hopefully just like Ferguson he gets found out big time shortly.

Spot on. MK is a fucking chancer and his wee side dug Ferry are a march for each other. 2 needs with some cash to throw at their own shortcomings to then say they aren't money bags is very using the cheats on Football Manager esk