2016 Scottish Cup Winners v 2016 Scottish Cup Runners-Up

58 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I have some magic beans for sale if you think Bushiri is a good player.

A wonderfully insightful response.

Not the finished article but a young defender getting better with each passing week. What was it he did tonight that made you think he had a poor game?

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

"The officials had a bit of a bad day today, but everybody can have a bad day."

Monty can get to f**k for that alone. 

I dont think he said that to McLeans face though, he was raging at him when the ref was going off - that statement above was just "for the media".

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I dont think he said that to McLeans face though, he was raging at him when the ref was going off - that statement above was just "for the media".

Hopefully the club put a statement out. 

22 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Cry more, Hibs. You were shit on the night and you were beaten. Suck it up and move on. 

Maybe you shouldn’t have posted that before your team play a potentially difficult quarter final as well.

Having seen the decisions now, I don’t think there can be many complaints about the straight red. The boy flew in and had both feet off the ground. He wasn’t in control and the red was fine.

Second yellow for Obita is just one of those blocks that always get called a foul. In isolation just a foul but I read someone here say he was essentially on a final warning?

23 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Moriah Welsh  - while a foul - is a yellow card.

If that’s not your team, you’re seeing that as a red. Both feet off the ground, studs up, coming in at great speed, out of control. Contact not necessary for it to be red.

26 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

So, got home and looking at this.

Obita 2nd yellow is questionable, and Moriah Welsh  - while a foul - is a yellow card.

Mclean utterly lost the plot tonight.

If that was the first thing Obita had done all night it’d be harsh, but he got lucky with the penalty decision, then luckier still with the physio/McAusland, and the ref had already had a word with him and the manager about totting up. He’d lost his head and if it wasn’t that foul he’d have done something daft a minute later.

Moriah Welsh was fucking daft. It was lazy play that let down the rest of the team. You’d imagine both are getting pelters for it. 

On 07/03/2024 at 22:31, AJF said:

Was that an ice pack on Sterling’s hamstring at the end of the match 🙈

I mentioned this in the European thread after Thursday, it looked like Sterling had some ice/strapping on his hamstring. Seems a bit crazy to have played him tonight now that he seems to have done his hammy if it is the same issue he had on Thursday.

36 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Maybe you shouldn’t have posted that before your team play a potentially difficult quarter final as well.

I doubt Morten have enough for Hearts, amusing though it would be. 

2 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

I usually try and be quite reasoned and understanding with referees, I have a colleague that does it and know it’s a hard job.

However, this is happening too often for it to be a coincidence.

The non-penalty against Aberdeen, Hearts’ ghost penalty, Celtic’s two nonsense penalties plus Boyle’s “dive” and now this, you’ve got to laugh.

I’m not suggesting there’s a conspiracy or an agenda against Hibs however some referees clearly have a dislike for Hibs or there must be something because for this to happen to us so often in a short space of time is beyond thinking, I don’t think there’s ever been a period of time following football where we’ve been on the wrong end of so many consecutive high profile decisions.

Just like all the games I mentioned we were the better team and worthy of winning, but once again we have our hand tied behind our back by those incompetent b*****ds.

Remember folk thought VAR would sort this out?

I think there's a conspiracy against teams from East Edinburgh- City have had more that a few dodgy decisions go against them too. 

Damn those West Edinburgh Masonic Spartans and Hearts gits! 

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

Could we not just have a repeat of the 1980 SC final but this time just let the cnuts batter each other until no one is left standing.

Utter scum. Both clubs as bad as each other. 

If all the diddy clubs unite and stop selling them any tickets for league games it might just send out a message to these brain dead scum. 

Change in tune from you. A few months ago you were on here saying every other clubs fans were just as bad as Celtic or Rangers.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Christ I know we’re in the diddy leagues but you guys don’t know you’re born with referees like Ian Sneddon. I’d kill for Beaton or McLean at our level. 

I feel your pain, especially when those L1 referees give last minute penalties for non-fouls outside the box to rescue a point for certain teams....

11 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Don't be a knob, they were taking a ridiculous amount of time to go off.

They were, and from memory Newell is right in McLeans ear telling him that. Time added on for a knackered Rangers team defending a 1-0 lead with a ref who’ll inevitably book Butland for time wasting and hurry up corners and throw ins is a positive for Hibs. Putting your hands on medical staff and a potentially injured player is always a risky/stupid thing to do, especially on a booking.