I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Just yesterday I saw a spag' bol' magically transform into a penne pasta dish.

I was in a cafeteria where I saw the spag' bol', turned my head to speak to somebody for no more than ten secs, and when I turned back around to see if there was grated cheese for it there was a fresh cheese penne dish in it's place with no staff in sight. I had serious doubts about the whole 'water into wine' doctrine thing, but not so now.  Incredible.  You weren't there man.  You weren't there.

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just yesterday I saw a spag' bol' magically transform into a penne pasta dish.

I was in a cafeteria where I saw the spag' bol', turned my head to speak to somebody for no more than ten secs, and when I turned back around to see if there was grated cheese for it there was a fresh cheese penne dish in it's place with no staff in sight. I had serious doubts about the whole 'water into wine' doctrine thing, but not so now.  Incredible.  You weren't there man.  You weren't there.

This reminds me of the time last year I ordered "Macaroni Cheese" in a local restaurant, and the girlfriend had to physically restrain me from going to complain when what arrived was actually Cavatappi in cheese. Of course, having been talked down from complaining, I then felt obliged to actually eat it, but I did so in sufferance and honestly thought about taking a photo of the menu board, and my lunch, in order to shame them on twitter.

If you are going to let pedants into your restaurant, the least you can do is hire a chef who understands that not all pasta with a hole through it is "macaroni".  

Oh I've been to Nice and the isle of Greece
Where I sipped champagne on a yacht
I moved like Harlow in Monte Carlo and showed 'em what I've got
I've been undressed by kings and I've seen some things
That a woman ain't s'posed to see

5 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

This reminds me of the time last year I ordered "Macaroni Cheese" in a local restaurant, and the girlfriend had to physically restrain me from going to complain when what arrived was actually Cavatappi in cheese. Of course, having been talked down from complaining, I then felt obliged to actually eat it, but I did so in sufferance and honestly thought about taking a photo of the menu board, and my lunch, in order to shame them on twitter.

If you are going to let pedants into your restaurant, the least you can do is hire a chef who understands that not all pasta with a hole through it is "macaroni".  

I'd never heard of cavatappi before reading this post. The Wikipedia entry begins "Cavatappi is macaroni..." 

If you want to eat children's food, spaghetti hoops are better anyway. 

34 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'd never heard of cavatappi before reading this post. The Wikipedia entry begins "Cavatappi is macaroni..." 

If you want to eat children's food, spaghetti hoops are better anyway. 

Cavatappi is probably better known as "Spirali" in the UK, but either way, it isn't Macaroni. There are actually laws in Italy about this sort of thing, because Italy is clearly a very sensible country full of sensible people.

Edited by Boo Khaki

17 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

I watched Blade Runner on first release. I thought it quite simply a classic, as is the dying scene with Rutger Hauer. As I recall, those lines were not in the script, but ad libbed, or suggested, by Hauer.

Years later, I was very surprised that it had performed poorly at the box office.

I've read some of the various discussions about the voice over.  For me, the voice over added to the noir atmosphere, and that the studio executives were right to insist to Ridley Scott that it be included.

Blade Runner 2049. Nope, not for me, except for a few parts.

As I understand, the motives of the producers/financiers was to make lots of money off the back of the now cult classic original.

Not to make a worthy follow up.   Despite that I did find the scenes of interaction with the hologram lover convincing.

Much of the rest of the film was just too much CGI.

Edited by beefybake