Queens v Montrose

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I can't see that being the case tbh. I mean I hope you're correct but who in their right mind signs a two year deal with there being a big chance you won't get paid your second years wages? 

I’m not saying it’s true/false. But, it is increasingly common in the top levels of football for performance obligations in contracts. Obviously, none of us know really whether it is something more common at our level.

I would be shocked if we don’t have something in the contract which means he’s not due the whole amount. But as you say, I can’t personally see a situation where he signed a deal which could give up a whole years salary.

My guess would be that there will be fixed amounts of compensation relating to our final league position and we will part company over the summer.

*Fingers crossed I am talking shite and he’s been emptied tomorrow morning*

Edited by QoS99

1 minute ago, QoS99 said:

Also, his interview starts with “Marvin, not what we were expecting today”. Guess Sandra isn’t a P&B user then!

To be fair it's not like there's a history of really shite performances at "fortress" Palmerston.

I can understand Sandra's surprise.

39 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Also, his interview starts with “Marvin, not what we were expecting today”. Guess Sandra isn’t a P&B user then!

Yeah, just watched it.

I know he's on a hiding to nothing, but it's just deluded, insulting crap.

How many individual errors does it take before the guy who compiled, assembles and coaches said individuals, might bear some responsibility? 

47 minutes ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Fucking nailed it.

The interviewing from Sandra continues to infuriate me. The question at 1:45 is a joke. 

Sandra: “You are getting the blame for it”

Marvin: *nods* “well yeah, I’m the manager”

Sandra: “but when they’re out there, things like that, you can’t legislate for that”

It’s not like she just asks vanilla questions, she actively tees him up to put the blame on to the players. If I was a player and my employer are actively encouraging the manager to criticise in public, I’d be furious. 

10 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Nail on head.

Agree with that. When I saw the team with 6 defenders and one up front my heart sank. No width, aimless punt to a wee guy guarded by 4 big defenders, too slight midfield with Ferguson an empty shirt. Terrible defending. Not improving at all even with players back. I’ve had enough I will find something better to do next Saturday as my season ticket is paid so no guilt. I will go to the Annan relegation crunch game though. 

Embarrassing set up from the get go. Connelly coming onto a game in the first half got us the lead. 
marvin set up with six defenders and two goalkeepers (that’s a joke btw). 
Team just looks so crap and lacking ideas. Feel sorry for Connelly and Reilly tbh. 
time to go Marvin. 

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

The interviewing from Sandra continues to infuriate me. The question at 1:45 is a joke. 

Sandra: “but when they’re out there, things like that, you can’t legislate for that”

It’s not like she just asks vanilla questions, she actively tees him up to put the blame on to the players. If I was a player and my employer are actively encouraging the manager to criticise in public, I’d be furious. 

Yes, that is a feature.

She absolutely invites him to shirk responsibility.  

15 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

I think so too. His comments in the Courier as well about those fans  complaining about the fans who complain about poor runs also being the ones who will celebrate a good run of form ?!?😕 What is that all about?

Well we won’t have to bother about that. The chance of us going in a run with these tactics is remote! 

3 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I think the most laughable line he came out with in the this latest cringefest was, when discussing the players he says "I'm here to protect them".

This from a man who has spent, I would estimate, around 90% of his post match interview time throwing players under the bus, pointing out their errors, saying that they don't listen, alleging that they are not behaving like professionals, have a questionable attitude towards fitness... the list goes on.