VAR  

233 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Refs are struggling because theyre part time, having to learn how to work with VAR and also having to learn laws that are changing every season.

The laws around penalties are due to change again next season.

The fans have literally zero impact on the whole thing. If fans were quiet and never moaned it would still be forced upon us.

I've given you the solution. If you don't want to take it then good luck to you. Enjoy your misery. 

20 hours ago, 2426255 said:

For all fans wanting VAR to be got rid and from the poll it looks like an overwhelming majority you'll have to be prepared to accept this kind of thing again. QPR against West Brom last night. No VAR in the championship, so this wasn't picked up and the player got away with it.

One thing that I haven't seen covered is that VAR is also a deterrent. A player would be less likely to try and pull that shit if he knows there's VAR and he'll likely get caught.

Not exactly the same, but Devlin had an obvious handball against us a few weeks ago at Pittodrie and it was ignored by the ref and VAR.

Mistakes happen, and VAR isnt - despite what some seem to think - a silver bullet which removes them.

11 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

f**k me that numbers guys is real tiresome

I agree.  The only interesting thing I have noticed about @2426255 is that they posted their first 4000 or so boring comments as a blank profile with no supported team and the anonymous numbers name, and now has suddenly declared themself an Aberdeen fan.  I've had numbers on ignore for ages though so maybe there has been lots of Dandy Dons chat.

PS VAR is absolute shite and the delays are a huge step backwards in football, especially given we still get some weird decisions - it just takes 5 minutes now rather than being instant.  It's not going away though.

12 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Which is why VAR won't be going anywhere. The way Scottish officials administer VAR has room for maneuver, but it's the Scottish football culture that is making them referee to rule. FIFA/UEFA aren't micro managing our refs/VAR.

So one the one hand understanding VAR is here to stay and on the other that the Scottish football culture is dictating how severely the rules are applied then the conclusion is still the same.

This whole argument of there being an issue around Scottish Football culture is just nonsense considering every league that operates VAR comes across the same issues with it as we do. Maybe it's the actual system itself rather than the reaction to it?

11 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I've given you the solution. If you don't want to take it then good luck to you. Enjoy your misery. 

The solution is what, fans to just sit on their hands and not say anything untoward or critical?

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

The solution is what, fans to just sit on their hands and not say anything untoward or critical?

Yes. If fans alongside managers, clubs etc take that course suggested then officials will have the room to use more common sense, leniency and ultimately just to use the rules as a guide rather than the current situation where it's very much working to rule. The scrutiny they face obviously plays a massive part in how they are administering VAR.

15 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

The only interesting thing I have noticed about @2426255 is that they posted their first 4000 or so boring comments as a blank profile with no supported team and the anonymous numbers name, and now has suddenly declared themself an Aberdeen fan.  I've had numbers on ignore for ages though so maybe there has been lots of Dandy Dons chat.

My club team at the moment is based around who Dundee are playing next.

Edited by 2426255

9 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Yes. If fans alongside managers, clubs etc take that course suggested then officials will have the room to use more common sense, leniency and ultimately just to use the rules as a guide rather than the current situation where it's very much working to rule. The scrutiny they face obviously plays a massive part in how they are administering VAR.

Seinfeld sarcOK.gif

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I get the impression you have never attended a football match in your life if you believe the best solution in all of this is for fans to effectively be quiet.

Edited by AJF

48 minutes ago, AJF said:

I get the impression you have never attended a football match in your life if you believe the best solution in all of this is for fans to effectively be quiet.

I suppose it's a different question as to whether fans are capable or willing to take such a step. Perhaps not given the response to my suggestion on here, but ultimately it will be the only way this moves on. VAR or no VAR it's basically the same discussion that we've been having since the millennium and probably before around the men in the middle.

It doesn't matter what you do on the ref/VAR side it won't improve things, it will only come from the other side. For me it's give a little to get a little. If Scottish football culture can't show some grown up thinking then we'll continue down the line of granularity, blame culture and all the rest of it. I don't mind VAR, so it's not my problem. Good luck.  

Edited by 2426255

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Has anyone considered not replying to the numbers guy?

It just encourages them to post more shite. 

Fcuking loonball 😂 

You can spell that correctly.;) 

I came to that conclusion the first time i noticed them posting on the Derek Adams thread, just keeps posting the same nonsense on repeat the whole thread, like a bot, impervious to being shown up as being wrong in everything they said.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

On 07/03/2024 at 11:03, 2426255 said:

For all fans wanting VAR to be got rid and from the poll it looks like an overwhelming majority you'll have to be prepared to accept this kind of thing again. QPR against West Brom last night. No VAR in the championship, so this wasn't picked up and the player got away with it.

One thing that I haven't seen covered is that VAR is also a deterrent. A player would be less likely to try and pull that shit if he knows there's VAR and he'll likely get caught.

It's not a deterrent.  Diving still happens and yes I'd ditch VAR in a second irrespective of the above example.

Rare as hens teeth that that happens in games, almost every game that does have VAR is a horror show on a regular basis.

8 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

It's not a deterrent.  Diving still happens and yes I'd ditch VAR in a second irrespective of the above example.

Rare as hens teeth that that happens in games, almost every game that does have VAR is a horror show on a regular basis.

I've said my piece on this. If you can't accept or understand that people behave differently when their being watched on camera then there's no helping you. Good luck.

Edited by 2426255

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I've said my piece on this. If you can't accept or understand that people behave differently when their being watched on camera then there's no helping you. Good luck.

People are still diving and faking injuries, VAR is not the panacea you think it is.

19 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

People are still diving and faking injuries, VAR is not the panacea you think it is.

Id guess less people are booked for diving now. Ref's leave the penalty decision to VAR & they cant get involved for yellow cards.

2 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Another one against us last night.

Correct decision, you mean?

The time it took was ridiculous, but it was a penalty all day long. 

Wolves v Coventry, FA Cup .

Cov player got a high kick to the puss, blood on his cut nose etc.

Ref gave a foul but no card.

VAR review, no further action. 😆

Its clear that its all over the fucking shop and not just up here.