Accies v In Form Alloa

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Hard to ‘feel sorry’ for a guy who in reality is just absolutely shite at his job tbh.

Yep,O’Hara as I have said all season would be a good back up and not the main man.

Three years ago he wouldn’t have got on our bench but we are where we are.

Well done Alloa,it is getting laughable now.

O'hara had to cover pretty much every area of the park today as he tried to drag his team mates into the game. Without his contribution and goals this season we would be in a far worse position. If half the players we have tried half as much as he does we would maybe be competitive. 

3 hours ago, Waspie said:

Five in a row 😁

It wasn't a great game and we really struggled to get on the ball again in midfield, a problem exacerbated by not having Scougall further up to bring some composure there. Kev worked hard but things weren't linking up really until Steven moved into that role late on. But the workrate and spirit was fantastic throughout and the team again stayed in the game and did their best with the ball we got. Terrific goal by Roberts who had a great game and it was really frustrating that we then conceded so soon. There was a spell then when it seemed sure Accies would score but we again hung in and started to find some space further up ourselves. It was fitting Robbo got the winner as he had really grown into the game as it went on. Looked like his old self! 

A draw would have been fair but maybe we deserved a break against Accies after the last two games. Have to say they are way less than the sum of their parts, so many very good players in that squad. 

Huge credit to everyone at Alloa on another great victory. Every player played their part and Andy played his hand beautifully. And there are more gears there if we get everyone fit. 

Agree with your points, Waspie. 

I thought Robbo and Kurtis were excellent second half as a pair. Really delighted for them getting a goal each. What a strike from Kurtis! Robbo is such a class act, he gave us that precious few seconds at times on the ball and then played the right pass. 

1 hour ago, Kevchenko said:

Probably the least convincing of our 3 performances against Hamilton this season but feel we were probably due a win. Was a period after the equaliser that I felt a 2nd was coming for Accies but other than that spell, I thought we looked the more likely. 

Having Devine back was a massive plus with McKay’s suspension today and next couple of games and I thought he and Morgan Neill were rock solid today. We did struggle defensively in the wide areas, especially down our left so wasn’t a surprise that the Hamilton goal came from that side. A few times today the Cammy looked like he was running in treacle and I would have kept Sutherland on and moved him to left back when Sammo came on and taken off Cammy - although his set piece delivery ultimately led to the winner. 

Kurtis Roberts was outstanding yet again - a superb bit of recruitment from Chipper in the summer - and delighted he’s finally got his goal, and what a way to break his duck! Superb strike from him and although it looked goal bound from the moment he hit it, Lyness seemed to go down in instalments trying to get to it, not sure if his view was obstructed. 

Jon Robertson probably the most unlikeliest of sources for a winner (don’t think he’s scored for about 6 or 7 years?!) and he only just managed to squeeze it in! Nice set piece move though and today is one of the first times this season we actually looked a bit more threatening at corners. No goals or assists for Taylor Steven today but loved the effort he showed right until full time still getting stuck in at the end. 

A perfect 5 wins from 5 games in February is a tremendous achievement for Andy and the team but it’s another huge game next week that could build in some buffer space for the playoffs. 

As @Waspie said, Hamilton definitely producing less than sum of their parts but did think O’Hara looked a threat all afternoon. 

Yeah, Devine involved a big plus. It's a pity he has injury problems - otherwise a quality defender.

As with Waspie, find myself in agreement with the rest of your post, Kevchenko, including Accies being less than the sum of their parts. Really good footballers throughout the side, with loads of attacking ability, but something is lacking and that appears to be down to the manager.

Terrific afternoon, the second half and goals a real delight.

Edited by printer

5 wins in a row, never seen that coming, how Andy Graham has improved us since taking charge.

Not only do we have much better shape than we had under Rice, but a number of players have improved dramatically since Andy was appointed manager. 

Would agree with some of the previous posts thought Neil, Devine and PJ were best for us and Roberts was absolutely excellent in the second half and capped it with a brilliant goal.

13 minutes ago, printer said:

I thought Robbo and Kurtis were excellent second half as a pair. Really delighted for them getting a goal each. What a strike from Kurtis! Robbo is such a class act, he gave us that precious few seconds at times on the ball and then played the right pass. 

Really liked the look of those two together in the deeper midfield two. As Robbo settled into it he started providing the cool head we've been lacking there of late (however well Kurtis and Miko have been playing) and with that and Steven moving central we looked much better. A fit Robbo looks like he could once again be a really good option for us. A legend of a player! 

Edited by Waspie

5 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Really liked the look of those two together in the deeper midfield two. As Robbo settled into it he started providing the cool head we've been lacking there of late (however well Kurtis and Miko have been playing) and with that and Steven moving central we looked much better. A fit Robbo looks like he could once again be a really good option for us. A legend of a player! 

Yes , i was a wee bit upset when we heard he was leaving pre season , glad he changed his mind aparently getting an op to mend the injury ?  such a genuine guy to talk to and he seems to love the club like we do . he seems to have been around here for a lot longer like wee kev .

On 20/02/2024 at 21:59, cdhafc1874 said:

I'm not saying we should bet against our own team here guys but Alloa are 6/1...

Called it.

Bookies have cottoned on a bit now looking at our next 2 games - Stirling & Kelty aren't in as good form as Alloa are.

7 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Yes , i was a wee bit upset when we heard he was leaving pre season , glad he changed his mind aparently getting an op to mend the injury ?  such a genuine guy to talk to and he seems to love the club like we do . he seems to have been around here for a lot longer like wee kev .

He didn't change his mind, Chipper did. He released Robbo then went back to him with a contract offer. Jon loves the club and didn't want to leave.

It's only recently he's got back to fitness. Yes, he had an op, but there were other fitness issues after that. I'm sure he's still got a lot to offer the club. 

28 minutes ago, printer said:

He didn't change his mind, Chipper did. He released Robbo then went back to him with a contract offer. Jon loves the club and didn't want to leave.

It's only recently he's got back to fitness. Yes, he had an op, but there were other fitness issues after that. I'm sure he's still got a lot to offer the club. 

Ah so thats what happened , Damn you Rice , glad  he got him back then , i was aware of another injury to jon as we spoke to him in Abington services after the first Annan game 

I knew Roberts goal was a cracker but didn’t realise how far out he was when he hit it. Beautiful goal. We are scoring some fantastic goals during this winning streak. Big Andy has worked some magic on the boys. Not sure if it’s a plan that we have played within ourselves first half the last couple of games but it’s left plenty in the tank for the second half. Kinda feels that way after we collapsed second half against Falkirk that he didn’t want us killing ourselves in the first 45. 
When did we last win 5 on the bounce? 

2 minutes ago, Alloamad said:

I knew Roberts goal was a cracker but didn’t realise how far out he was when he hit it. Beautiful goal. We are scoring some fantastic goals during this winning streak. Big Andy has worked some magic on the boys. Not sure if it’s a plan that we have played within ourselves first half the last couple of games but it’s left plenty in the tank for the second half. Kinda feels that way after we collapsed second half against Falkirk that he didn’t want us killing ourselves in the first 45. 
When did we last win 5 on the bounce? 

Highly advise a follow for Jonathan Markwell 

2 hours ago, Beckford said:

O'hara had to cover pretty much every area of the park today as he tried to drag his team mates into the game. Without his contribution and goals this season we would be in a far worse position. If half the players we have tried half as much as he does we would maybe be competitive. 

O'Hara was brilliant for us and would always be welcomed back at the Recs. A great player 

Roberts goal reminded me of Kevin Cawleys against Morton in the 4-4 game, albeit keeper should have done a bit better. He was outstanding second half.

Encouraging performance from our defence, they were fairly solid throughout, O'Hara and Rose tested them. Their only black mark was admittedly a clever Henderson header.

Home support seemed apathetic rather than particularly angry at time up. Agree with others, they have some decent players. Surely their manager isn't lasting too much longer.

A great day for us, Andy Graham has worked wonders on the team so far.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

It does seem almost too good to be true, but its all on merit,  if /when we do go down it will be hard to take after that  , shoutout to Kurtis roberts aborted take off goal celebrations as well , trying and winning the crazy celebration stakes so far  ( See Taylor steven at Annan ) .,