Accies v In Form Alloa

1 hour ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Accies bogey team to get at least a draw in amongst the usual mad rash of John Rankin substitutions.

Another few hundred Accies Season Book holders not turning up to highlight they are fed up with this Manager.

I would be amazed if they have season tickets that number in three figures.

Another long afternoon ahead which is likely to turn toxic again this weekend. Some fans think 2nd is secured but Rankin will find a way to bottle that as well can see another defeat here being imminent and if that gets rid of Rankin like fans said last week I would take it 

Accies 1-3 Alloa.

2 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Another long afternoon ahead which is likely to turn toxic again this weekend. Some fans think 2nd is secured but Rankin will find a way to bottle that as well can see another defeat here being imminent and if that gets rid of Rankin like fans said last week I would take it 

Accies 1-3 Alloa.

Right, so we are going to beat you away by one more goal than a flying Falkirk managed at home? 

Seems reasonable.

ETA Actually we do have Bobby Goals (copyright @Kevchenko ) and Taylor (copyright pending), so 1-3 seems fair. ☺

Edited by printer

31 minutes ago, printer said:

Right, so we are going to beat you away by one more goal than a flying Falkirk managed at home? 

Seems reasonable.

Falkirk could have easily won the game more comfortably they got the early 3-0 Goals and if they wanted to they could have gotten more by your comparison both Falkirk and Annan must be on the same level then? As Annan also beat us 3-2 the week before. However as you mentioned later in your post Bobby Wales must be a certainty to score this weekend really standing out as one of the most in form players in the division currently and I expect him to get into Kilmarnock's first team at some point. 

Should of probably beat Accies both times we have faced them this season. But this time Bobby and Taylor both combining (at NDP which fills me with a real sense of confidence that we will take the three points and put pressure for us to even take 2nd which isn't that much of an outrageous shout I'd say

I'd be more cautious than some of our fans going by this thread! Our form is good and we are in a far better place under Andy Graham but we remain a work in progress. Performances have been mixed even in the current winning run. We weren't particularly good in the wins over Stirling and Annan at home, and while we ended up giving Cove a bit of a doing on Saturday, they should really have had a goal or two before we went in front. There are loads of positives but also definitely still a few things to be addressed too. 

As such, bit of a jump to say we'd be favourites against an Accies side which has plenty of very good players, despite not going as well as the fans would have hoped.  I'd be happy if we could get a point here and keep the momentum going. 

Edited by Waspie

6 hours ago, well again said:

I would be amazed if they have season tickets that number in three figures.

Yes, I know you are here for the banter, but nearly  1,000 sold at current prices better than expected.

Thing is though they are not all turning up due to the refusal to ditch this dud of a Manager and they won’t renew next season in this League if he is still here.

Alloa's first half against us at the Indodrill a few weeks ago was as good as anybody has played against us this season, second half they couldn't keep up the intensity and by the end of the 90 they looked dead on their feet. definitely a work in progress after a couple of years of BR's predicable unpredictably. HA are not as bad as their fans think and bossed the midfield in the second half at TFS last week. this is a difficult league and the FT teams are always a target the PT teams want to get one over. I expect a draw, or a narrow win and it being a decent game with two teams trying to win it. 

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Is Taylor Stevens contract up at the end of the season? Asking for a friend 

I don't think St Johnstone will be letting him go anywhere after these performances unless of course they are given an offer they can't refuse 

6 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

With Alloa's rise to third the new top three positions have been issued by the SPFL in image form 

p02c9b6t.jpg

Think the Accies bloke is standing on a box and will be Alloa size or below before the end of the season 

13 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

From the discussion on this match thread so far, I was starting to think Saturdays game was a three way match anyway...

Falkirk fan's hoping we win and make the inevitable league win sooner , i think there is still a nervousness among them that comes with 

being in L1 for too long

14 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Falkirk fan's hoping we win and make the inevitable league win sooner , i think there is still a nervousness among them that comes with 

being in L1 for too long

More likely they'll win the Champions League in the next 3 years than bottle League One this season- theyre the best team by miles. Most Accies fans chucked the towel in months ago and its never even remotely looked like anyone would put together a run of significant results/performances to cause Falkirk any problems.