Jakes on a plane

The last time I travelled long haul, I was just preparing to tuck in to my gratis meal when I suddenly became aware of an almighty grunting.

I looked to my left to see the sleeping and snoring form of a fellow traveller. The snoring was almost tolerable and the slavering was best when my gaze avoided the grotesque. The flight was fleetingly enjoyable when the miasma of his intermittent farting cleared. I endeavoured to make the best if it and relieved him of his uneaten repast and tasty beverage. 

My wife has to fly with them for a short business trip soon she said she'd rather pay herself to fly with literally anyone else. 

You can't check in until 24 hours before (easy jet is a month) oh and you also for some fucking reson need to a paper copy of your check in. She physically won't be anywhere near a printer. Don't worry though because you can do an early check in, for a price. 

Oh and her walk on bag has to be the size of a napkin or some other bullshit. 

They are a shower of c***s and I'd love to see them go tits up. 

22 minutes ago, pub car king said:

My wife has to fly with them for a short business trip soon she said she'd rather pay herself to fly with literally anyone else. 

You can't check in until 24 hours before (easy jet is a month) oh and you also for some fucking reson need to a paper copy of your check in. She physically won't be anywhere near a printer. Don't worry though because you can do an early check in, for a price. 

I've flown a few times with Ryanair and have never needed a paper copy of a check in.

I fly a decent amount on Ryanair and always just my phone for check in and a normal sized backpack for cabin bag.  

On 22/02/2024 at 21:15, sugna said:

In the interests of forum anonymity, I can neither confirm nor deny that.

This was at Edinburgh airport, 6am this Saturday.

423903808_1131038841414140_8201481196385568684_n.thumb.jpg.6cfdb6cefb249d109c440e4d37317172.jpg

Off to the World Snake Charming championships? 

14 hours ago, Venti said:

I must be the best person to sit beside on a plane.

I tell the person to have my drink & meal before sleeping the majority of the flight.

12 hours ago, sophia said:

The last time I travelled long haul, I was just preparing to tuck in to my gratis meal when I suddenly became aware of an almighty grunting.

I looked to my left to see the sleeping and snoring form of a fellow traveller. The snoring was almost tolerable and the slavering was best when my gaze avoided the grotesque. The flight was fleetingly enjoyable when the miasma of his intermittent farting cleared. I endeavoured to make the best if it and relieved him of his uneaten repast and tasty beverage. 

8 hours ago, RawB93 said:

I was on a plane. Someone next to me fell asleep. They farted. I stole their food.

So we've established Venti has a flatulence problem.  

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

So we've established Venti has a flatulence problem.  

30 minutes ago, velo army said:

Venti sounds like he has no problem with it tbf.

Tbf Venti does mean 'winds' in latin.

5 hours ago, pub car king said:

Why didn't she?

I flew Ryanair a couple of days ago. £15 for a 1h45m flight compared to £130 with other carriers. I'd rather fly BA, but it's not worth an extra £60 per hour.

I then got to the gate to find I'd be sharing the plane with the Sevco U19(?) team. So I told the crew I'd just wait and get the next one.

28 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Why didn't she?

I flew Ryanair a couple of days ago. £15 for a 1h45m flight compared to £130 with other carriers. I'd rather fly BA, but it's not worth an extra £60 per hour.

I then got to the gate to find I'd be sharing the plane with the Sevco U19(?) team. So I told the crew I'd just wait and get the next one.

Surprised at that; thought they'd prefer Easyjet!

9 hours ago, pub car king said:

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I've flown a few times with Ryanair and have never needed a paper copy of a check in.

Depends on the airport.

I flew Ryanair to Tirana last year. I needed a paper boarding pass for the flight home. There was a Ryanair branded printer at the airport that was free to use.

10 hours ago, pub car king said:

Tbh,I think most of that is bollocks

If you've paid for a seat you can check in sooner than 24 hours in advance

The only time I've needed a paper copy is recently,flying from Morocco& that's nothing to do with ryanair(though their Comms re this were dreadful),it's to do with Moroccan airports.otherwise,checking in via their app is a piece of piss

Walk on bag size of a napkin?again,bollocks.i was 7 nights in Morocco&had 7 nights worth of clothes etc in a normal sized backpack(22 or 25 litres),it was bursting at the seams but no issue whatsoever.

Ryanair have their problems but,unlike the aforementioned easyJet,at least they're,in my experience,reliable.ive had half a dozen last minute easyJet cancellations in the last 5 years,never once with ryanair

Edited by highlandmac

I've flown easy jet hundreds of times since its inception in the 90s and apart from 1 lost car seat at Glasgow which we did get back never had an issue.  

17 hours ago, RawB93 said:

I was on a plane. Someone next to me fell asleep. They farted. I stole their food.

You, too, eh?

One one hand you have Easy Jet with their Orange Livery and links to odd Greek men but you then have Ryanair with the constant add ons to the price and links to an odd Irishman.

There's only one way to sort this 

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.5cb2f633c4c67c6e7655a58a64bd731f.jpeg