Thought I would pop my head in to say "Hello" as we will more than likely be seeing you next year.

Uncle Albert

Well after last night's 0-2 loss to Forfar it looks like we (Clyde) will be joining you guys down here next season, There is no way on earth we will win the required amount of games to catch up now and as for the playoffs, well the less said the better.

1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Will a bigger club have ever played in a smaller league? Surely the SFA could issue special dispensation so that we avoid relegation.

Barry Ferguson's hat, we are where we are for a reason, the last twenty years have been awful (bad management, poor signings etc. etc.), we deserve to be where we are and hopefully the club have a plan C if / when we go down.

We are a proud old club but that in the grand scheme of things means nothing. 

Last night brought home to me the old adage, " It's the hope that kills you!!"

Chin up guys. You aren’t down yet. If it does happen the Lowland League is actually ok. I do concede I’d rather be in the SPFL. However I still have a club to support and I’m  still hoping things improve and we can get back up. As someone said it’s the hope that kills you. 

Winning a league, then a playoff, then another playoff, all assuming they would even let us back in without a ground, would be a nightmare. If we go down we will be down for years/ever. Oh and B teams can f**k off, obviously.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

I'm an EK fan, it's looking likely now that we will win the LL. 

I'll always remember the time that Clyde were in talks to come to EK.  I think that would have been brilliant for the town and your club but alas. 

If we win the playoff against the highland league team it'll be a bit of a battle against a proud club like Clyde.

The lowland league is a fierce, competitive league, I respect all the clubs in it apart from the colts and if you do go down you'll enjoy watching your team against some great clubs.

13 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

I'm an EK fan, it's looking likely now that we will win the LL. 

I'll always remember the time that Clyde were in talks to come to EK.  I think that would have been brilliant for the town and your club but alas. 

If we win the playoff against the highland league team it'll be a bit of a battle against a proud club like Clyde.

The lowland league is a fierce, competitive league, I respect all the clubs in it apart from the colts and if you do go down you'll enjoy watching your team against some great clubs.

How can it be described as competitive when there's a team 15 points clear at the top and will win the title at a canter?

It's more like an uncompetitive farce.

5 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

Well after last night's 0-2 loss to Forfar it looks like we (Clyde) will be joining you guys down here next season, There is no way on earth we will win the required amount of games to catch up now and as for the playoffs, well the less said the better.

Don’t write yourselves off yet, McCall won’t go down without a hell of a fight.

Cowden were written off in two play offs against EK and Cove, both with substantially bigger budgets and strolled their leagues. Both seen off before the inevitable 3rd time unlucky.

Just now, Left Back said:

How can it be described as competitive when there's a team 15 points clear at the top and will win the title at a canter?

It’s not, there is a team vastly outspending the rest, that’s not a competition.

21 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Because the experience of a league is about more than a single season.

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

Yes but if you ignore the massive gulf between top and second and the massive gulf between the bottom two and the rest, some of those middle clubs with nothing to play for are quite competitive.

5 hours ago, Left Back said:

East Kilbride have spent a fortune to win the LL.        Injured player or player out of form ? They buy a new one.    It doesn't appear to me to be a sustainable model for a club with their fan base but time will tell. 

I have enjoyed watching Bo'ness United in many competitive games this season.   Loads of good teams and players in the LL.  Standard of football is decent and plenty of grounds to visit.

IF Clyde do drop down I am sure their fans will brush off the dust of  disappointment and man up to enjoy watching many competitive battles in the Lowland League.

9 hours ago, onecowden said:

Chin up guys. You aren’t down yet. If it does happen the Lowland League is actually ok. I do concede I’d rather be in the SPFL. However I still have a club to support and I’m  still hoping things improve and we can get back up. As someone said it’s the hope that kills you. 

Agree. We would much rather be back in League 2 (or above), but the Lowland League is much more interesting. New grounds and teams to see.

Playing the same teams four times, year in year out was tedious in comparison. I would much rather be in League 2 with the league full of mostly teams from the current Lowland League.

New grounds and new teams to play is decent enough. A novelty if you will and there are a surprising amount of teams with few resources but manage put a decent side on the park. But it doesn't excuse this league of being an absolute shambles and that's without including the nonsense of the B teams.

We've hardly set any records of having a large support in many years, but there's a number of sides with pretty much zero supporters. It's absolutely no contest compared to being in League 2 or above so I can't agree with it being 'not bad' here. It's absolutely honking.

That said, teams such as Linlithgow and Boness are a welcome addition and expect over the next 2 or 3 years that it will be slightly more competitive with a number of decent sides looking to come up and indeed fall down from L2.

What it does do is provide an opportunity for teams/individuals/consortiums to do an EK or a Kelty, by throwing a ludicrous amount of money at a squad in order to move up the ladder. Unless there's 1 or 2 other teams doing the same thing, there will be no contest for top spot. It is what it is.

57 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

New grounds and new teams to play is decent enough. A novelty if you will and there are a surprising amount of teams with few resources but manage put a decent side on the park. But it doesn't excuse this league of being an absolute shambles and that's without including the nonsense of the B teams.

We've hardly set any records of having a large support in many years, but there's a number of sides with pretty much zero supporters. It's absolutely no contest compared to being in League 2 or above so I can't agree with it being 'not bad' here. It's absolutely honking.

That said, teams such as Linlithgow and Boness are a welcome addition and expect over the next 2 or 3 years that it will be slightly more competitive with a number of decent sides looking to come up and indeed fall down from L2.

What it does do is provide an opportunity for teams/individuals/consortiums to do an EK or a Kelty, by throwing a ludicrous amount of money at a squad in order to move up the ladder. Unless there's 1 or 2 other teams doing the same thing, there will be no contest for top spot. It is what it is.

If you take the B team question out the equation, what about the league is an absolute shambles? I can’t really agree about that other than it could do with some sponsorship and investment. Oh, and get rid of the Lowland League Cup.

There were plenty of teams coming to Central Park the L1/L2 days that surely had very little away fans, so not much has changed there.  

If you add Broxburn/Clydebank and Clyde (sorry guys, just an example) and take away Edinburgh Uni and East Kilbride, that will boost away support further I would have thought.

The LL will get stronger with every passing season, albeit slower than everyone had hoped for.

As for EK and splashing money, who pays for the existence of Broomhill and Braves?  pointless clubs with no support, at least EK do actually have a support which, if they get to L2, will increase.  They do need a proper ground though, what happened to plans for a 4k capacity stadium?

26 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

The LL will get stronger with every passing season, albeit slower than everyone had hoped for.

As for EK and splashing money, who pays for the existence of Broomhill and Braves?  pointless clubs with no support, at least EK do actually have a support which, if they get to L2, will increase.  They do need a proper ground though, what happened to plans for a 4k capacity stadium?

K Park is adequate for league 2

There's a long way to go including the play offs.

However if you do come down I'd say learn to enjoy it initially as there's new away trips plus the South Challenge Cup to look forward to (a potential away trip to a Wicker Man-esque village in the countryside).

The contentious issue's the fixtures vs the Premiership B teams. Stirling Uni will be in the league next season. Edinburgh Uni look to be getting relegated which is a pity as I like Peffermill. The Uni sides have an interesting culture. Traditionally the Stirling Uni players are doing sports related degrees and train FT in the summer up until their placements/lectures start. Tough games against them. Edinburgh Uni have really struggled but on the other hand it's the student union giving hardcore academics a game of football to switch off from medical school or law school.

Caledonian Braves isn't the best away trip as they're in the middle of nowhere in Strathclyde Country Park. There's a Brewers Fayre nearby though.

My favourite away trip is Gala mainly because I love visiting the borders. If you play them away on the Saturday I'd suggest checking if the Gala rugby first team are at home. If they are parking can be an issue as that's the town's first sport so you may then just enjoy a trip on the Borders railway.

If the Lowland League next year will be uncompetitive, who would you put your money on to win it out of:

Clyde, Clydebank/Broxburn, Bo'ness, Tranent, Linlithgow Rose, Albion Rovers, Cowdenbeath, Berwick, Cumbernauld Colts, Stirling Uni, Civil Service Strollers? Or maybe someone else?

Obviously there are some teams that are less appealing than others, but at least you only play them twice. Less travel to away games than in a national division so you might go to more. And the more good guys come into the league, the sooner the day the B teams get punted, and hopefully the sooner there are two promotion slots for tier 6 too.

Edited by GordonS