Queens v Stirling

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Were you not there yesterday? (Sincere question, I had just assumed you were after your earlier posts).

I was. Just wondered if he'd been better than yesterday suggested.

3 hours ago, SA45 said:

How did LM play?

Started off wide right..lasted 15 minutes & DY brought him inside & pushed DH wide right...

Yip he did infact usher players...to do the hard work...& tackle...got a bit better 2nd half... couple of good balls...5/10 ... certainly nothing special to consider Josh Cooper being dropped.... 

I can see Cooper leaving in the summer looking at it from outside, he plays well, gets dropped, 🤔 

10 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

Started off wide right..lasted 15 minutes & DY brought him inside & pushed DH wide right...

Yip he did infact usher players...to do the hard work...& tackle...got a bit better 2nd half... couple of good balls...5/10 ... certainly nothing special to consider Josh Cooper being dropped.... 

I can see Cooper leaving in the summer looking at it from outside, he plays well, gets dropped, 🤔 

Ah come on, that's unduly harsh. Milne wins the ball TWICE for the first Albion goal. Cooper, on the other hand, was completely anonymous when he came on. Was anonymous against Hamilton too. I like him, but he's not a CM and McPake is better than him on the left.

Edited by unitedbino

36 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

Ah come on, that's unduly harsh. Milne wins the ball TWICE for the first Albion goal. Cooper, on the other hand, was completely anonymous when he came on. Was anonymous against Hamilton too. I like him, but he's not a CM and McPake is better than him on the left.

I gave him 5/10 

Do you think he was better than that 🤔 

Like i have said opinion is good 👍 

He just doesn't fit in my team, however DY is the manager & he obviously loves him, 

So you didn't think it was harsh to be dropped after the Hamilton game for a guy who's been hiding all season 

18 hours ago, unitedbino said:

Glad we weren't the only ones who noticed that. The guy treats it like his own radio show! 😂 I really like Palmerston and can't decide whether the PA improves the experience or not.

It certainly does NOT improve the experience- he’s dire.

1 hour ago, Beepee67 said:

I gave him 5/10 

Do you think he was better than that 🤔

It read like you were criticising him for ushering players for others to do the hard work and tackle? I was pointing out that his aggression played a direct role in our first goal!. I do think he was better than a 5/10, but that wasn't really my point. I just think once a player has a certain perception it's really difficult for them to shift it. Milne is, not without justification, seen as lightweight, but I simply can't criticise him for that yesterday.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Were you not there yesterday? (Sincere question, I had just assumed you were after your earlier posts). His performance yesterday was pretty typical of his time with us - anonymous. How he stayed on was incredible. He's shown in tiny glimpses what he's capable of but for the most part he's hid. 

I should say though that I wouldn't write the boy off as I expect far better players would do poorly in our manager's shite set up. Like the rest of the side he probably hasn't much clue what he's supposed to be doing. We were promised a player who enjoys making runs forward - a type of player not suited to Bartley's style. 

Yes pretty accurate.

Unfortunately, he is a midfield player but we don’t really have a midfield. Technically, manager picks a midfield but whatever permutation is picked the players can’t dominate the ball, control the tempo of a game, manage a game and certainly can’t create much in the way of prolonged creative attacking play.

Most important area in any team and sadly  it is our weakest area although there are a few other strong contenders!!

1 hour ago, Dougie Mills said:

It certainly does NOT improve the experience- he’s dire.

He's not perfect, does a few things that grate, but at least tries to be a bit more upbeat than the snoozefest that the previous man sadly lapsed into. As for the music yesterday, no problem with that, I'm getting (am) old, probably had those records at one time anyway, doesn't always have to be aimed at youngsters. I'm sure he'll mix it up at times. 

20 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Oh oh oh……how did I forget to mention it……..what the dickens is going on with the music choices through your PA?? That was torture…..like being back in a 1970’s working man’s club, jeez oh!! Surely I wasn’t the only one?

At least some of the music was chosen by fans. Anyone can request a song 

1 hour ago, unitedbino said:

It read like you were criticising him for ushering players for others to do the hard work and tackle? I was pointing out that his aggression played a direct role in our first goal!. I do think he was better than a 5/10, but that wasn't really my point. I just think once a player has a certain perception it's really difficult for them to shift it. Milne is, not without justification, seen as lightweight, but I simply can't criticise him for that yesterday.

I thought 5/10 was fair on my assessment, middle ground, not good or bad.

Opinion & debate is good like i said... ultimately it's the manager who picks the team & he clearly does what he can to find a place for him, he found a place for him wide right yesterday, but quickly after going 1-0 down he changed it bringing him inside & putting Hilson wide right of the 5... 

Do you think then that he could have closed the lad down a bit quicker before he played the ball down the line for Queens 1st goal 🤔

Not doubting his part in the equaliser 👍

5/10 yesterday was & would be my top assessment for him all season, that's my point, i feel he's been poor but never taken out of the team, until  ECFC & Accies at home.

IMO he's playing in a team with no position for him, doesn't bring anything to the team, too lightweight for me, doesn't work defensively, nothing in the air. Might be half decent in another team, just not for me 

But like i said DY likes him 🤷 so he plays, he's the gaffer 

Just seen the goals - think we could have done better for both Queens goals. Slow down the right side for the first and ball watching for the second and a free hit. Did Rudi get much of a chance?

7 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Just seen the goals - think we could have done better for both Queens goals. Slow down the right side for the first and ball watching for the second and a free hit. Did Rudi get much of a chance?

Rudi did ok 👍 

Tried to get involved, always difficult when transfer happens so quickly..but i liked what i saw 

Yes thought Milne could have closed down the lad in possession quicker before he played it down the line, Geach also looked slow 

2nd goal Banner was watching the ball falling to the guy instead of closing him down, cracking hit but yes agree that we could have pressed the ball quicker on both goals 

23 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Think we win on the shittest defending as well tbh. No doubt all 4 goals could have been defended far better but the first equaliser from our point of view is absolutely shocking. It comes from our own throw in ffs. And as ever the marking is pretty much non-existent. 

The second equaliser is just as bad as our 2nd from a defensive point of view but I can cut them a bit of slack on that one as I blame the officials for failing to see the blatant foul beforehand :lol:

1 hour ago, SA45 said:

Did Rudi get much of a chance?

He got on the ball a couple of times and looked pretty comfortable. Played a through ball to Cooper but he couldn’t get to it. Didn’t took out of place in his cameo, but also didn’t have a big enough opportunity to show exactly what he could do.

9 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

I assume Lewis Milne isn’t on your Christmas card list? 😢

9 hours ago, unitedbino said:

McPake was the best player on the park.

You can see he has real quality something we don't have 

5 hours ago, dave_binos said:

I assume Lewis Milne isn’t on your Christmas card list? 😢

@dave_binos I've genuinely nothing against Milne, & as i keep saying opinion is good 👍 & it's only my opinion, i just don't feel he does enough, especially defensively, i feel like he's playing in a team with no position for him. 

8 hours ago, Greenacres said:

McPake was the best player on the park.

You can see he has real quality something we don't have 

Have to agree @Greenacres, that's 3 games I have watched him play for us and the guy has that extra bit of quality. On the performances so far, I would be surprised if he couldn't find himself another full time gig during the summer....however if he is staying Part Time, I really hope it's with us because he looks like someone that can help up build on our first season back in League 1 (assuming we stay up obviously).

6 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Have to agree @Greenacres, that's 3 games I have watched him play for us and the guy has that extra bit of quality. On the performances so far, I would be surprised if he couldn't find himself another full time gig during the summer....however if he is staying Part Time, I really hope it's with us because he looks like someone that can help up build on our first season back in League 1 (assuming we stay up obviously).

Looks comfortable on the ball, seems to just glide with the ball at his feet & Looks to either commit the defender or go past him, likes to come inside also & have a shot...

I've kinda heard he lost his way a little bit before coming to us, delighted to have him & give him a platform to rebuild his career, definitely someone I'd be happy to see extent his stay beyond this season on what I've seen so far in the 3 games in a bino's shirt... helping us maintain Div 1 status would go a long way to support that idea 👌  🇵🇪