Queens v Stirling

Just now, unitedbino said:

And the couple players who couldn't cope with cramp. Bless them

Saw that, Cochrane, captain, full-time and goes down twice with cramp! Great example. Do they train or just listen to Barley as he stands at his tactics board talking about the game plan?

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

We're absolutely fucked. 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Lol wut? You forget the boot your man gave him off the ball injuring him aye? 

First thing I am going to talk about is this incident, there was no off the ball kick, it happened right in front of me, both were running for the ball and McLelland’s hamstring seemed to go, both him and Leitch were being strong and not giving up on the ball but there was no “off the ball kick” or “boot”.

Anyway, just home and have to say it was an enjoyable game…..with the exception of having to listen to the bile of about 5 or 6 of our buckfast drinking (probably cocaine snorting hearing some of the conversations) supporters. Absolutely embarrassing to have to sit and listen to them today. Clubs try to attract youngsters to the football and we having to listen to “football banter” from the 60’s, calling people all sorts. Honestly, it was cringey and there’s people who are close to the board sitting amongst the crowd and yet nothing will do done.

I can’t help but think that was 2 points dropped today, but actually we were scrambling for a point for a decent time.

The first 25 minutes or so, we were awful, and it was probably the worst that I’ve seen us this season. QoS could have been 3 or 4 up and we could have no complaints, but thankfully, with all the good phases of play they were doing at the time, Blair Currie didn’t have a save to make, which probably says more about their downfall, as we were terrible.

The move for the equaliser was outstanding ans the first bit of football we actually played, between that ans Half Time, we started to get our s-t together and had it not been a good save from Stone,could have went in 2-1 up at Half Time. Carrick has been brilliant for us for so long now, hey, even the best players don’t score penalties but fair play to Stone for the save.

Second Half, I thought we were totally dominant and you could see the QoS antics coming in. Reading posts above, you would think they were innocent however what about the challenge on Moore?? The missed handball in the box?? Player going down holding his face when there was absolutely nothing?? Players dropping down claiming cramp…..for as much as we were being physical, so we’re Queens and then there was the time wasting.

Fair play for the second, fantastic strike from Todd, but it was probably your only chance so from our perspective, it was a hard one to take.

I thought that Josh McPake was excellent once again, a real nuisance until Cammy Logan 2 footed him. What a signing he has been for the club and I really hope he extends his stay beyond the summer 

2 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

Why did Carrick get booed immediately after the penalty save? From where we were it looked like he got cleaned out by Stone!

Think they thought he jumped into the Defender……I wasn’t sure it was in the box if truth be told 

Just now, BB_Bino said:

Think they thought he jumped into the Defender……I wasn’t sure it was in the box if truth be told 

Yeah, the question was whether it was in the box or not. We were so far away, it was impossible to tell. But it certainly looked like Carrick was cleaned out!

I'm not convinced that Stone's challenge was a penalty. I thought it looked like we were getting free kick and surprised when pen was given. 

When Jack went down injured it seemed trainer told MB that he was finished. Why di MB not get Efe stripped then instead of waiting until Jack walks off the pitch calls Efe over then complains to ref that he couldn't put on a replacement.

Did the same thing not happen when Kyle went down injured. i thought there was a signal ti bench to say he couldn't continue but still no change. Kyle went off soon after. When a player goes down injured should the subs not come back to be bench and be ready to strip to come on

Thought it was comical when linesman didn't realise Stirling payer had left the field and was sitting on the bench and he's looking for a player to leave the field

Oh oh oh……how did I forget to mention it……..what the dickens is going on with the music choices through your PA?? That was torture…..like being back in a 1970’s working man’s club, jeez oh!! Surely I wasn’t the only one?

1 minute ago, BB_Bino said:

Oh oh oh……how did I forget to mention it……..what the dickens is going on with the music choices through your PA?? That was torture…..like being back in a 1970’s working man’s club, jeez oh!! Surely I wasn’t the only one?

Glad we weren't the only ones who noticed that. The guy treats it like his own radio show! 😂 I really like Palmerston and can't decide whether the PA improves the experience or not.

Well that escalated quickly 😳 

Queen's fan's believing Kyle Mclellend gets kicked,, your having a laugh, he gets caught out tracking back & pulls a muscle... nobody touches him...it was his antics afterwards that were embarrassing...roly polys to get back onto the park at the corner flag, & rightly booked...absolute 🛎🔚 his injury was muscular....& the amount of time wasting, cramps, tying laces, phantom injuries.... get a grip 🙄 

Trying to slow the game down, see it out... Stone pulling his socks up..doing his gloves blah blah.... deflecting from the fact you were hanging on.... Karma caught up & we deserved the equaliser & could have won it...

Not bad for a wee part time club....desire & passion 1 to 11 & subs 

Bino's Bino's ❤️ 

8 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

I loved the tunes tbf but my music taste is shite 😂😂😂

13 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

As an outside looking in, Queens are a bit of a strange one this season. I would definitely be wanting Batley to GTF, but over the last ten games you're sat fourth in the league with a positive goal difference.

Obviously any realistic chance of relegation this late in the season is unacceptable for a full-time club in League 1, but your form doesn't exactly show a team whose fans should be so unrelentingly negative about their prospects on a Saturday.

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's my first time seeing the side in the flesh since we played Annan on 30th Dec (first game this year then!) where we scraped past a side who somehow looked shitter than us. I'll report back if we look any better today. 

Nah - still as shite. 

I'm trying to find a positive here.

We played 20+ minutes with a central defence of Ambrose and McKay (the McKaiser) and only conceded one goal. That has to be a plus.

That said with Brydon and McClelland injured I suspect the above pair will be in central defence in our relegation 6 pointer at Annan. What could possibly go wrong. That assumes Efe turns up on time and that McKay has his socks looking just right.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

18 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

I'd have turned back if i knew milne was playing 

Regardless, but what has he done to deserve a start 🤔 😡

How did LM play?

5 minutes ago, SA45 said:

How did LM play?

I personally thought he did ok yesterday. Linked up well with McPake and the 2 of them were dovetailing well when we were breaking forward. Can think of 2 instances when this resulted in him getting into the box and hitting the line for a cut back or drive across the 6-yard box. Don’t remember any point where the play broke down from him and he got up and back as part of the unit. Off the ball he worked hard ushering players, definitely a couple of solid tackles at our side of the pitch, just inside our half. A solid 6/10 rating for me personally.

Football must be about the only game where there are so many medical professionals in the crowd who can spot if an injury is genuine or faked. Also fans complaining about time wasting ( aka game management) in a "we're whiter than white and would never do such a thing" attitude. Great to support your team but don't be hypocritical about it. Time wasting pisses me off, yes we're as guilty as any team, but yesterday wasn't as extreme as some are making out and every team does it.  As for the penalty incident, from behind the Queens goal it looked to me like it was Carrick who just caught the keeper, could even have been 50/50 given the way both approached it. Penalty decision looked a bit harsh anyway but need to see it again to confirm. As for Carrick getting booed after the miss, probably because he'd done a couple of niggly fouls earlier ( sure he was booked for totting up a few, certainly spoken to by Ref) so was probably a giruy gesture from the fans. Not sure Stirling dominated the second half as someone claimed given we scored a goal and won a series of corners, and worked the keeper a bit, but they probably edged it.  Thought overall a draw was fair, happy with any point at home given our record tbf, we would normally lose a game like that and often have.  Injuries to two main defenders is a concern, hopefully not long term.

20 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

How's Alex Ferguson done for QOS this season? Obviously scored yesterday. Looked the business at East Fife last season.

Were you not there yesterday? (Sincere question, I had just assumed you were after your earlier posts). His performance yesterday was pretty typical of his time with us - anonymous. How he stayed on was incredible. He's shown in tiny glimpses what he's capable of but for the most part he's hid. 

I should say though that I wouldn't write the boy off as I expect far better players would do poorly in our manager's shite set up. Like the rest of the side he probably hasn't much clue what he's supposed to be doing. We were promised a player who enjoys making runs forward - a type of player not suited to Bartley's style.