Aberdeen v St Johnstone 28.2.24

1 hour ago, Stu_81 said:

League Cup final defeat in December has floored this team i think along with still playing every 3-4 days.

Your shite keeper/defence has floored your team.

Knowing youve to score twice to stand any chance of winning kills morale, especially when you add in games where they work like f**k only to fall behind when the GK lets a trickler through him.

12 hours ago, Stu_81 said:

League Cup final defeat in December has floored this team i think along with still playing every 3-4 days.

🤣

At the time of the League Cup final Aberdeen were 8th in the league, averaging just over a point a game.

They were shite then, and they're shite now.

It's very funny to have followed the Aberdeen excuse/justification journey this season.

We've got European games.

We've had a lot of away games.

There's a run of home games coming up.

We've got games in hand.

Robson needs to change to four at the back.

Robson needs to go and we need an experienced coach.

Now, it was the League Cup final!

Aberdeen have a shite team. That's it. It's hilarious watching people insist that this squad that has averaged a point a game over seven months, and been pumped at home by the likes of St Mirren, St Johnstone, etc is actually really talented and just being held back by one or all of the dismissed factors above.

Edited by VincentGuerin

14 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

🤣

At the time of the League Cup final Aberdeen were 8th in the league, averaging just over a point a game.

They were shite then, and they're shite now.

It's very funny to have followed the Aberdeen excuse/justification journey this season.

We've got European games.

We've had a lot of away games.

There's a run of home games coming up.

We've got games in hand.

Robson needs to change to four at the back.

Robson needs to go and we need an experienced coach.

Now, it was the League Cup final!

Aberdeen have a shite team. That's it. It's hilarious watching people insist that this squad that has averaged a point a game over seven months, and been pumped at home by the likes of St Mirren, St Johnstone, etc is actually really talented and just being held back by one or all of the dismissed factors above.

You just make stuff up sometimes. Very st mirreny. 

10 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

You just make stuff up sometimes. Very st mirreny. 

Anyone reading this forum regularly will recognise every one of the things I've listed there.

Very weird reply. I understand it's a difficult time for you all. I'll forgive you.

38 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Anyone reading this forum regularly will recognise every one of the things I've listed there.

Very weird reply. I understand it's a difficult time for you all. I'll forgive you.

I’m sure you could support each of those with someone who said it at some point in the past, regardless of if they’re even attached to Aberdeen. Most of those are citations of Barry robson that were largely ridiculed by the Aberdeen support at the time too.

Again, I’m not taking you seriously here, just being clear about the dishonesty of it. I could pull tweets, quotes from various pundits together and this forum, call it the ‘aberdeen journey’ and make out that we all predicted how shite we’d be.

You are really just a long form version of the st Mirren fans who are desperate to be involved in this.  

35 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m sure you could support each of those with someone who said it at some point in the past, regardless of if they’re even attached to Aberdeen. Most of those are citations of Barry robson that were largely ridiculed by the Aberdeen support at the time too.

Again, I’m not taking you seriously here, just being clear about the dishonesty of it. I could pull tweets, quotes from various pundits together and this forum, call it the ‘aberdeen journey’ and make out that we all predicted how shite we’d be.

You are really just a long form version of the st Mirren fans who are desperate to be involved in this.  

I get that you're upset. It's understandable.

But you're being a bit precious here. It's a multi-club forum, and part of the deal is that folk take the piss out of the silly thing we all say.

Not one of the things listed above has not at some point been the narrative from Aberdeen posters on here, as much as you're trying to rewrite history.

I understand. It's frustrating. But sometimes you need to take your medicine.

Maybe go for a walk or read a book.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

I get that you're upset. It's understandable.

But you're being a bit precious here. It's a multi-club forum, and part of the deal is that folk take the piss out of the silly thing we all say.

Not one of the things listed above has not at some point been the narrative from Aberdeen posters on here, as much as you're trying to rewrite history.

I understand. It's frustrating. But sometimes you need to take your medicine.

Maybe go for a walk or read a book.

It’s ok Vincent, we’ve been here before. You don’t like it when your posts are pointed out to you. When you resort to condescending I know that’s where we are. 

Well leave it at me going for a walk to calm down from being so angry. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s ok Vincent, we’ve been here before. You don’t like it when your posts are pointed out to you. When you resort to condescending I know that’s where we are. 

Well leave it at me going for a walk to calm down from being so angry. 

I could similarly point out that your condescending disappointed teacher posts almost always coincide with Aberdeen having some kind of shocker.

Aberdeen fans said silly things, now people are laughing at them. That's P&B, as well you ken.

As I feel I've had to say to you before when Aberdeen have been struggling, and, I say it with respect as I think you're a good poster; get over yourself.

Edited by VincentGuerin

23 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I could similarly point out that your condescending disappointed teacher posts almost always coincide with Aberdeen having some kind of shocker.

Aberdeen fans said silly things, now people are laughing at them. That's P&B, as well you ken.

As I feel I've had to say to you before when Aberdeen have been struggling, and, I say it with repsect as I think you're a good poster; get over yourself.

Except the premise of my original response was that fundamentally I disagree with your narrative here. It’s certainly not been my experience of this season. 

But if you’re wanting it in disappointed teacher form - Vincent can and should do better if he applies himself. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Except the premise of my original response was that fundamentally I disagree with your narrative here. It’s certainly not been my experience of this season. 

But if you’re wanting it in disappointed teacher form - Vincent can and should do better if he applies himself. 

Disagree if you like. We've all read the threads.

It's not even a debate. You're just in a cream puff. Have a good day.