Aberdeen v St Johnstone 28.2.24

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Disagree if you like. We've all read the threads.

It's not even a debate. You're just in a cream puff. Have a good day.

I did disagree and you threw a condescending hissy fit :lol:

On 01/03/2024 at 06:43, VincentGuerin said:

🤣

At the time of the League Cup final Aberdeen were 8th in the league, averaging just over a point a game.

They were shite then, and they're shite now.

It's very funny to have followed the Aberdeen excuse/justification journey this season.

We've got European games.

We've had a lot of away games.

There's a run of home games coming up.

We've got games in hand.

Robson needs to change to four at the back.

Robson needs to go and we need an experienced coach.

Now, it was the League Cup final!

Aberdeen have a shite team. That's it. It's hilarious watching people insist that this squad that has averaged a point a game over seven months, and been pumped at home by the likes of St Mirren, St

Johnstone, etc is actually really talented and just being held back by one or all of the dismissed factors above.

Let me see:

We did have European games

We did have a run of away games

We did have a run of home games

We did have games in hand

Robson did need to change to four at the back

We do need a more experienced, tactical savvy coach

We have beaten your lot, your Glasgow brethren (once but it should've been twice had the VAR ref not decided to manipulate the outcome), reached a League Cup final, beat a Bundesliga side, drawn away with a side that pumped you 4 zip.

Therefore, we as a support had reasons to believe we would find our feet as the season progressed but, unfortunately for us, it hasn't worked out that way.

However, if Hearts had beaten the zombies in Glasgow, beaten a Bundesliga side at home, drawn away in Greece and reached a League Cup Final it would be one of your most memorable seasons ever.

For the Dons though, it's one of our worst.

That's the difference between a club with a rich history of success and diddy club from Edinburgh.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I did disagree and you threw a condescending hissy fit :lol:

It's fine.

Your policy is basically that when Aberdeen are struggling, suddenly "IT'S NOT FUNNY", and then the condescending tone comes out. Same happened after Darvel etc. I get it, none of us like it, and you come out the other side. It became funny again when the shoe was on the other foot later in the season, and it'll be funny again when Aberdeen start winning.

I do find it genuinely funny that you're now in denial of the contents of the Aberdeen match-thread Bingo card from this season. But, like I said, it's not funny.

Catch you later on.

2 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Let me see:

We have beaten your lot, your Glasgow brethren (once but it should've been twice had the VAR ref not decided to manipulate the outcome), reached a League Cup final, beat a Bundesliga side, drawn away with a side that pumped you 4 zip.

Therefore, we as a support had reasons to believe we would find our feet as the season progressed but, unfortunately for us, it hasn't worked out that way.

However, if Hearts had beaten the zombies in Glasgow, beaten a Bundesliga side at home, drawn away in Greece and reached a League Cup Final it would be one of your most memorable seasons ever.

🤣 🤣

@Dons_1988 FUCKING SEE!!

Bringing the match thread back on track…….Aberdeen lose at home to St Johnstone, a side they have not won against this season. Were it not for VAR the Saints would have won two and drawn one.

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

🤣 🤣

@Dons_1988 FUCKING SEE!!

I remember last season someone suggesting their team was by some distance the third best in Scotland and would be proved once the European campaign (if you call get pumped at home and abroad a campaign) was over.

However, his team collapsed in the second half of the season.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's fine.

Your policy is basically that when Aberdeen are struggling, suddenly "IT'S NOT FUNNY", and then the condescending tone comes out. Same happened after Darvel etc. I get it, none of us like it, and you come out the other side. It became funny again when the shoe was on the other foot later in the season, and it'll be funny again when Aberdeen start winning.

I do find it genuinely funny that you're now in denial of the contents of the Aberdeen match-thread Bingo card from this season. But, like I said, it's not funny.

Catch you later on.

All this says is that you’re very selective in what you read to presumably vindicate your views on Aberdeen. I’m absolutely fine with folk laughing at us, but I’m going to challenge it when I feel folk are making stuff up or being deliberately selective in what they read or take it out of context to contrive a narrative. 

You may be right in saying that I’m too thin skinned to that, as it’s standard internet practice to bend a narrative. But I’m still going to challenge it. 

7 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

🤣 🤣

@Dons_1988 FUCKING SEE!!

So is your big reveal that people hoped things would improve? Or that we had the capacity to? Is that it? I’ll stand down then, you’ve got us. 

Bringing the match thread back on track…….Aberdeen lose at home to St Johnstone, a side they have not won against this season. Were it not for VAR the Saints would have won two and drawn one.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

All this says is that you’re very selective in what you read to presumably vindicate your views on Aberdeen. I’m absolutely fine with folk laughing at us, but I’m going to challenge it when I feel folk are making stuff up or being deliberately selective in what they read or take it out of context to contrive a narrative. 

You may be right in saying that I’m too thin skinned to that, as it’s standard internet practice to bend a narrative. But I’m still going to challenge it. 

So is your big reveal that people hoped things would improve? Or that we had the capacity to? Is that it? I’ll stand down then, you’ve got us. 

No, my friend. The big reveal is that every one if these lifeboats were clung to by Aberdeen fans all season. Ticked them off one at a time.

And, as pointed out, all that remains is the reality that the fundamental problem is that Aberdeen's team is shite.

And that is very funny.

I understand you may not agree. But, trust me, it is.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

No, my friend. The big reveal is that every one if these lifeboats were clung to by Aberdeen fans all season. Ticked them off one at a time.

And, as pointed out, all that remains is the reality that the fundamental problem is that Aberdeen's team is shite.

And that is very funny.

I understand you may not agree. But, trust me, it is.

It just isn’t true though. Certainly not if you’re suggesting there was a collective feeling that we’d romp home to 3rd and European football when it all cleared. It just really wasn’t the case. 

And me being unable to challenge it without you chucking out accusations of being unable to cope with my football team losing games is shite from someone who’s clearly capable of thought. 

20 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Let me see:

That's the difference between a club with a rich history of success and diddy club from Edinburgh.

You have the same number of wins in Europe and away wins in Glasgow as we have this season, but you're 25 points behind.

Congrats on losing a League Cup final, though. No shite team has ever done that.

Hearts fans are absolute wierdos, chasing the sheep all over the forum with their "really interesting" statistical analysis.

Its VL behaviour, and all the more hilarious for a club that last won anything when Nelson Mandela was alive.....................

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

a club that last won anything when Nelson Mandela was alive.....................

Genuinely wouldnt have believed its been 12 years since Hearts won a Scottish Cup if i hadnt just looked it up.

No League Cup in 61 years also sounds wrong.

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Hearts fans are absolute wierdos, chasing the sheep all over the forum with their "really interesting" statistical analysis.

Its VL behaviour, and all the more hilarious for a club that last won anything when Nelson Mandela was alive.....................

^^^ Just scoured Wikipedia for someone who died between May 2012 and March 2014.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Genuinely wouldnt have believed its been 12 years since Hearts won a Scottish Cup if i hadnt just looked it up.

Its not wrong, they call it "the wee cup" 😆 wonder why......................

Just now, DC92 said:

^^^ Just scoured Wikipedia for someone who died between May 2012 and March 2014.

Some things are just memorable, its not like he was a minor politician.

I can tell you exactly where I was when the twin towers came down as well (Nottingham, as it happens).

Not old enough for the "JFK" question, thankfully.

10 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Some things are just memorable, its not like he was a minor politician.

I can tell you exactly where I was when the twin towers came down as well (Nottingham, as it happens).

Not old enough for the "JFK" question, thankfully.

I'm just glad he lived to see the Beattie and I'm sure he was too.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yo yo club that always flirts with administrative drama. Deluded into thinking they're actually one of Scotland's relevant clubs by mouthpieces like that slaverer George Foulkes. 

They're basically the no righter that stands outside nightclubs shouting at lamposts while every c**t else pulls burds.

59 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Let me see:

My fucking God, what a delusional bunch