Aberdeen v St Johnstone 28.2.24

What an improvement, same again on Saturday and I might just smile.

Great stuff from Benji all night, caused them problems from the first minute. DJ looked more confident in a natural position, as did Robinson, probably his best game since returning? Still manages to put every clearance out for a throw though.

That was worrying from Aberdeen, certainly haven’t improved since the 1-1 in January, over those two games you could argue they’re the worst side we’ve played. 

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its the 87th minute, your captain is trying to help salvage a 2 goal deficit in a must win game, and hes jusy won the ball and is now 20 yards out with a defence backing off. 

What does he do?

Falls down "injured" instead of taking responsibility himself.

As I said, nice that he's getting under your skin.

7 hours ago, GorbalsMags said:

Tell you what, that Benji header to set himself up for the finish was fantastic, really good vision and technique to go with his pace. Really, really impressive technical play.

Also the outside of the foot through ball from DJ. Great technique and vision.

As I said upthread I've been reasonable impressed with him in an underperforming team, more so than others seem to have been. Not sure if he has massive improvement in him but he might, and it seems he's out of favour at Charlton and not sure he'll be offered a contract by them. I'd not be upset if we gave him a year if he's affordable.

19 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Not sure if he has massive improvement in him but he might, and it seems he's out of favour at Charlton and not sure he'll be offered a contract by them. I'd not be upset if we gave him a year if he's affordable.

I think if we continue with what we did last night, instead of going to the five back again, he could prove himself as a decent option for us. 

He's got good enough technical ability, and with a left back supporting him with overlapping runs he doesn't get outnumbered easily.

I'm just hoping that we stick with the 442 rather than the 532/5221, especially against Livingston.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its the 87th minute, your captain is trying to help salvage a 2 goal deficit in a must win game, and hes jusy won the ball and is now 20 yards out with a defence backing off. 

What does he do?

Falls down "injured" instead of taking responsibility himself.

He’s the only one who comes out of last night as even looking like trying to take responsibility in the game, so I think he has just got under your skin tbh. 

7 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Haha, you've just been pumped 7-1 and you come on here gloating!

Find some self-respect 

Pffft.

Like last nights result bothered me.

Yet still 5 points ahead of Aberdeen.

This game was much more important for us than our own game last night.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

As I said, nice that he's getting under your skin.

Getting under Randomguys skin certainly beats winning the game, well played Shinnie. 

54 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Pffft.

Like last nights result bothered me.

Yet still 5 points ahead of Aberdeen.

This game was much more important for us than our own game last night.

I think his point stands tbh 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

He’s the only one who comes out of last night as even looking like trying to take responsibility in the game, so I think he has just got under your skin tbh. 

Shinnie was like a beacon last night. The only one who was giving his all from start to finish. The only player who could rightly have a go at every single player in our team.

28 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Excuse me, in 2024 alone we’ve drawn with Dundee, st Johnstone, Celtic and hibs. That is an absolute abundance of points. 

A veritable cornucopia...