Dumbarton vs Peterhead

Match Outcome  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/02/24 at 14:59

31 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It’s to rain the rest of the week so the pitch will resemble the Sunday night at Balado, without the class A substances to make things more enjoyable. 

It’s impossible to predict how it will go but I’d be very surprised if we get to see a quality game of football. 

One thing is possible to predict, the starting 11 will be the exact same as last week.

I think whoever said that the relief of winning on Saturday papered over another patchy performance was correct. Stranraer really weren't very good. I thought the same when we played them in the first fixture at home. Worst of all, they just didn't seem that bothered about losing that time. First half on Saturday we played some good stuff, but second half was unconvincing and could've easily ended up with us chucking it away.

Peterhead haven't exactly been on great form, but they seem to have our number this season. I've done my weekly U-turn of thinking we'll now make the playoffs and wouldn't be shocked if that flips back again after a dispiriting defeat here.

Interestingly, the stats from the Stranraer game really back up that a draw wouldn't have been massively unfair.

image.png.02763c1ad9b6fcedb36bbd701905c7fe.png

Edited by FifeSons

Posted (edited)

Anyone been down to have a look at the pitch? Can only imagine what kind of state it’s going to be in come May.

Presumably they’ve never bothered getting any help for the dodgy groundsman this season? Having to share with Broomhill is maybe understandable when you’re desperate for the cash, but to not have addressed the groundsman situation is unforgivable.

Probably happy to have him just dump a load more sand on it, for them to bury their heads.

Edited by FifeSons

10 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Anyone been down to have a look at the pitch? Can only imagine what kind of state it’s going to be in come May.

Presumably they’ve never bothered getting any help for the dodgy groundsman this season? Having to share with Broomhill is maybe understandable when you’re desperate for the cash, but to not have addressed the groundsman situation is unforgivable.

Probably happy to have him just dump a load more sand on it, for them to bury their heads.

There's a kid's football coaching campus on the pitch, being run by Carlo & Matthew Shiels at the end of this month, Sun 31st.

Could be a sandpit right enough unless some real work gets done on that surface between now & then for the kids.

8 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Will this go ahead? Game down here is off, so I've bought the stream. Should've probably asked that first, now I think of it...

It's a very nice looking day here so I can't see what the issue would be.. is what I would say if we had any other pitch. But aye there's no problems here

I’d assume he’s moving Carlo to right mid and playing Lynas at RB. I understand why he’s doing it, Peterheid are a decent outfit and that makes us more solid than chucking Healy or Kelly in but it’s a big vote of nae confidence for those two.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery