Dundee v Kilmarnock @ Dens Park, Saturday 2nd March, 3.00pm.

29 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Wouldn't surprsie me if this ends up a Desmond again.

I hate when we try and hold on to a lead - would like us to be creating a bit more - even if it is just to get set pieces.

Called it - we were far too casual at 2-1.

We can't beat Killie, hold a lead and certainly can't handle playing against ten men.

Had to be a 2-2, only difference is Killie for the late goal instead of us. Very evenly matched sides against each other this season, entertaining games for sure. I'd like to see the teams play one more game, but at the rate we're dropping points then forget top six.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

We started to sit so deep against 10 men.

Still an absolute wonder save from Dennis stopped us from having Killie dead and buried.

Killie deserved the equaliser. Absolute madness from Mayo was the big game chañger.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

We can't beat Killie, hold a lead and certainly can't handle playing against ten men.

Had to be a 2-2, only difference is Killie for the late goal instead of us. Very evenly matched sides against each other. I'd like to think we'd have one more game, but at the rate we're dropping points then forget it.

We’ve both felt like we’ve lost points this season against each other but maybe we should all just accept that our teams are at a very similar level and maybe better to look at these results as a point gained instead of two lost.

The results have been crazy. Apart from the crazy first 2 minutes in the cup game there is nothing between these sides (just different qualities - Dundee a better passing team than us in my opinion).

Clearly the two managers know each other absolutely inside out mentally and tactically.  Some set of results.

Someone needs to explain to me this "far too casual" thing. 

Our season is now littered with winnable games we have completely fucked up, against 10 men, even when 2 up. 

We aren't good enough. We don't have the ability and mindset to see games out that we should win. That's how I see it. So, explain to me this "too casual" concept. 

6 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Someone needs to explain to me this "far too casual" thing. 

Our season is now littered with winnable games we have completely fucked up, against 10 men, even when 2 up. 

We aren't good enough. We don't have the ability and mindset to see games out that we should win. That's how I see it. So, explain to me this "too casual" concept. 

Sitting back thinking we've won the game - 2-1 up vs 10 men and conceding in injury time is criminal.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

My take is we go at teams and generally dominate the ball (at Dens in particular) then get our reward and go 1-0 up - then we stop playing, sit back and stop putting the pressure on. 

Means the opposition get a foothold and start to get balls in the box - which we are very poor at defending. 

Rinse and repeat.

Just now, Der Panzer said:

My take is we go at teams and generally dominate the ball (at Dens in particular) then get our reward and go 1-0 up - then we stop playing, sit back and stop putting the pressure on. 

Means the opposition get a foothold and start to get balls in the box - which we are very poor at defending. 

Rinse and repeat.

That is casual play - not going for the jugular but sitting back.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

That is casual play - not going for the jugular but sitting back.

Yeah sorry it was kinda a direct response to whoever it was asking to explain casual play - I just couldn’t be arsed quoting (or scrolling back now to see who it was) as when Dundee do shit like today it genuinely annoys me and takes me an hour or 2 to get over it - like a petulant child if you will. 

Fair result probably. Enjoyable games against Killie but very frustrating the amount of points we’ve lost. This season is about staying up and avoiding a scrap at the bottom. Hopefully we manage that and we build again next season. Killie survived last game I think last season? Bring on the sheep.

55 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

We’ve both felt like we’ve lost points this season against each other but maybe we should all just accept that our teams are at a very similar level and maybe better to look at these results as a point gained instead of two lost.

The results have been crazy. Apart from the crazy first 2 minutes in the cup game there is nothing between these sides (just different qualities - Dundee a better passing team than us in my opinion).

Clearly the two managers know each other absolutely inside out mentally and tactically.  Some set of results.

Killie got the point in the end because McInnes went for it the last 10-15 minutes. Basically went 4 upfront with 10 men. 

We were the better team 1st 30 minutes, Killie the 2nd 30, then it swung back in our favour slightly the last half hour. 

Good game. Gutted to not see it out or even increase our lead. Ach well.

I thought players waving an imaginary card, were meant to get a card for it now , but no the ref doesn’t even give a foul till the lineman flags , then Armstrong wave his hand about , and the ref gives a foul and a yellow card to beck , Armstrong should’ve got a yellow as well for waving his imaginary card , then he should've went off for diving in the box the cheating wee chunt 

36 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

I thought players waving an imaginary card, were meant to get a card for it now , but no the ref doesn’t even give a foul till the lineman flags , then Armstrong wave his hand about , and the ref gives a foul and a yellow card to beck , Armstrong should’ve got a yellow as well for waving his imaginary card , then he should've went off for diving in the box the cheating wee chunt 

He was waving to the crowd. And he was constantly fouled. A very brave performance. 👏

2 evenly matched teams.

Dundee a better footballing side for the purists

Killie far better physically and more workmanlike with a couple of players who can deliver a great ball. 

Fag paper between the teams but the current league position and points tally show which approach is more successful in the Scottish Premiership.