Dundee v Kilmarnock @ Dens Park, Saturday 2nd March, 3.00pm.

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

There was a bizarre incident - must have been mistaken identity - where I was positive KVV was booked twice but not seen in mentioned anywhere online so far. Anyone else notice this or able to clear up what happened?

If it’s the incident I’m thinking of quite a few around me thought the same thing.  The incident was over by the Derry, half way into the Killie half of the pitch.  The ref flashed a red card with no Killie player standing beside him (if that makes sense).   It was after a foul against (I think) McCowan.   I can only assume it was another player being booked.  Perhaps for dissent?

21 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

It's a definite red card and Killie would be wasting their time and money appealing it, but I was surprised VAR kept it as a penalty when I was certain most of the fouling action happened outside the box.

If a foul continues into the box, it's a penalty.

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

There was a bizarre incident - must have been mistaken identity - where I was positive KVV was booked twice but not seen in mentioned anywhere online so far. Anyone else notice this or able to clear up what happened?

We were thinking the same, but I believe it was a different player.

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

There was a foul involving KVV and a Dundee player ( apologies don't recall who it was ) it looked like the ref booked the Dundee player but he wasn't looking then waved it again after he'd shouted him back but it did initially look like he booked both players, it wasn't until later when KVV got booked I feared we were going to have another player sent off that's when the Killie TV commentators started trying to figure out what had happened, not sure though it was rather confusing.

Edited by stevieKTID

27 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If Rodgers is rightly called out for his nonsense, McInnes and Kilmarnock equally should be for his comments and appealing what is a blatant red card. Incredibly poor stuff. 

Who let you into the elite teams' forum?

the-office-steve-carell.gif.4ef56af1a6b18d980b2d5a74c82d83cb.gif

Kilmarnock’s appeal against Lewis Mayo’s red card has been dismissed. 

Rightly so, but surprising there wasn’t an extra sanction for a frivolous appeal. 

3 hours ago, The Master said:

Rightly so, but surprising there wasn’t an extra sanction for a frivolous appeal. 

The Mayo appeal was as frivolous as it gets. No idea what Derek McInnes was looking at.

Just £500 down the drain. I'd understand if it was even an attempt to create a wee bit of a siege mentality but it was just utter stupidity as it was the clear as day. Very surprised it never got put down as 'frivolous'.

On 04/03/2024 at 18:46, deadasdillinger said:

Who let you into the elite teams' forum?

the-office-steve-carell.gif.4ef56af1a6b18d980b2d5a74c82d83cb.gif

It's nice to let those less fortunate have a go at nice things now and again that they'll never experience for real themselves. 

14 hours ago, The Master said:

They appealed the double jeopardy element of it from what I've heard. 

I agree though, waste of money.

The thing is I sympathise with a lot of decisions that have went against Killie over the past season and a bit, though they aren't unique to this problem...clearly. He's rightly called out the mistakes made by referees and said it needs to be better.

An appeal like this just dilutes the point he tries to make when there is actually a poor decision. 

37 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They appealed the double jeopardy element of it from what I've heard. 

I agree though, waste of money.

That in itself deserves an additional punishment for not understanding when double jeopardy applies.