Dundee v Kilmarnock @ Dens Park, Saturday 2nd March, 3.00pm.

On 01/03/2024 at 16:10, 2426255 said:

My prediction is that Dundee will draw with Killie. Hibs will beat Ross County to move into the top-six

Thank You.

I don't mind saying that was an incredibly satisfying afternoon. 

13 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

I thought players waving an imaginary card, were meant to get a card for it now , but no the ref doesn’t even give a foul till the lineman flags , then Armstrong wave his hand about , and the ref gives a foul and a yellow card to beck , Armstrong should’ve got a yellow as well for waving his imaginary card , then he should've went off for diving in the box the cheating wee chunt 

IMG_0887.jpeg

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Ah yes, "refchat.co.uk", the real home of the Laws of the Game.

Here are the actual laws here, and I've also screenshotted the relevant page. I'm not seeing "waving an imaginary card" anywhere here.

https://www.theifab.com/laws/latest/fouls-and-misconduct/#disciplinary-action

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 23.36.59.png

Screenshot2024-03-02at23_39_04.thumb.png.78fce7e250c59e19deb64cc0964186ca.png

You should have read a wee bit further through the Laws.

Caution

Caution offences include (but are not limited to):

• clearly/persistently not respecting the confines of their team’s technical area

• delaying the restart of play by their team

• deliberately entering the technical area of the opposing team (non-confrontational)

• dissent by word or action including:

• throwing/kicking drinks bottles or other objects

• action(s) which show(s) a clear lack of respect for the match official(s) e.g. sarcastic clapping

• entering the referee review area (RRA)

• excessively/persistently gesturing for a red or yellow card

I like Derek McInnes, but no idea why he's making such a fuss about as blatant a penalty and red card as you'll see. I'm sure that the SFA will put Killie's red card appeal fee to good use. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Caution

• clearly/persistently not respecting the confines of their team’s technical area

• deliberately entering the technical area of the opposing team (non-confrontational)

• action(s) which show(s) a clear lack of respect for the match official(s) e.g. sarcastic clapping

If you'd read the Laws properly, and indeed my post above, you'd see that those only apply to team officials, not players. Players can be cautioned for 'excessive' use of the VAR signal.

Look, if you're going to be pedantic, do it fucking properly.

Edited by Scooby_Doo
Wasn't properly pedantic.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Caution

The bit that applies to team officials, not players, you mean?

The Laws of the Game do not provide an exhaustive list of specific acts that should lead to a booking/sending-off. What exactly constitutes “dissent by word or action”, for example?

It’s been well-publicised that some associations (and UEFA) have instructed referees to book players for waving imaginary cards. 

I’m not saying that means our referees have had similar instruction. Maybe they have, maybe they haven’t. The SFA aren’t exactly open and transparent when it comes to these things  

The point is that the Laws of the Game are only a part of the picture. 

29 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The bit that applies to team officials, not players, you mean?

At least I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong. I was wrong. Apologies. However, there's always a however, I have seen players yellow carded for waving an imaginary card in leagues that operate under the same IFAB Laws Of The Game as Scottish football. 

1 hour ago, Scooby_Doo said:

If you'd read the Laws properly, and indeed my post above, you'd see that those only apply to team officials, not players. Players can be cautioned for 'excessive' use of the VAR signal.

Look, if you're going to be pedantic, do it fucking properly.

That wasn't pedantry, that was me getting it wrong, again.

Now, that was pedantry. 

Killie are very good side. Happy with a point. 

Can we all agree this numbers ghoul is a huge phanny!?

Thank you. 

Edited by Girth

38 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

At least I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong. I was wrong. Apologies. However, there's always a however, I have seen players yellow carded for waving an imaginary card in leagues that operate under the same IFAB Laws Of The Game as Scottish football. 

To be fair, as I was reading through it there's a wheen of offences that are rarely punished with a booking.

Have to say, really enjoyed our games against Killie this season except for the cup game which was just a shitshow from our second string.

Don't understand McInnes raging about the sending off as it was as blatant as it gets but a draw was a fair result overall. Kilmarnock became the better team when they went down to 10 and we started defending ever so deep.

58 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Have to say, really enjoyed our games against Killie this season except for the cup game which was just a shitshow from our second string.

Don't understand McInnes raging about the sending off as it was as blatant as it gets but a draw was a fair result overall. Kilmarnock became the better team when they went down to 10 and we started defending ever so deep.

Agreed, I thought that was odd. As clear a penalty and red card as you're likely to see.

It's a definite red card and Killie would be wasting their time and money appealing it, but I was surprised VAR kept it as a penalty when I was certain most of the fouling action happened outside the box.

I think the appeal is more about a wee siege mentality and putting a bit of pressure on the refs ahead of the Aberdeen game next week. It's a soft foul, but when the ref gives it live I don't think it's ever going to get overturned.

There was a bizarre incident - must have been mistaken identity - where I was positive KVV was booked twice but not seen in mentioned anywhere online so far. Anyone else notice this or able to clear up what happened?