Rangers v Motherwell: Sat 3pm

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Murray Davidson didnt actually miss many games until Kemar Roofe ended his career.

Really?

Looking at his injury history on Transfermarkt, he looks like he missed 148 games through injury during his career. That’s almost 4 full league campaigns worth.

After reviewing the incident, both in video footage and various still images, contrary to my opinion on Saturday, I now think this was a foul, and a red for mccausland. He probably isn't really injured either.

7 hours ago, rowsdower said:

After reviewing the incident, both in video footage and various still images, contrary to my opinion on Saturday, I now think this was a foul, and a red for mccausland. He probably isn't really injured either.

Totally agree. This is the image the bigots are using on facebook/twitter to try and show that Caseys tackle was malicious.

image.jpeg.c1473f68732627e03e99ad46dba53409.jpeg

But then we have this, the wee ned getting treated on his other leg the one he tried to knee cap Casey with. 

image.png.d784ca34cb14bcdada62cb9918d6e812.png

9 hours ago, AJF said:

Really?

Looking at his injury history on Transfermarkt, he looks like he missed 148 games through injury during his career. That’s almost 4 full league campaigns worth.

He missed 134 before the Roofe stamp, over 14 seasons. 8 games were concussion or illness, 33 were one really bad injury.

Thats you down to around 6 games missed a season on average otherwise. Which isn't bad at all.

After the Roofe assault he couldnt string more than 2 starts together without his body breaking down, and had to give up the game as he couldnt walk up the stairs in house after training.

Yet to see a single Rangers fan condemn that tackle or bring it up when talking about the worst tackles they've seen, which is exactly why you support will also get no sympathy when they mewl about fouls.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He missed 134 before the Roofe stamp, over 14 seasons. 8 games were concussion or illness, 33 were one really bad injury.

Thats you down to around 6 games missed a season on average otherwise. Which isn't bad at all.

After the Roofe assault he couldnt string more than 2 starts together without his body breaking down, and had to give up the game as he couldnt walk up the stairs in house after training.

Yet to see a single Rangers fan condemn that tackle or bring it up when talking about the worst tackles they've seen, which is exactly why you support will also get no sympathy when they mewl about fouls.

Why would we discount certain types of injuries to make his stats look better? Even before I checked how many games he’d missed I had the impression he was a sicknote. The numbers just confirmed it.

And without a doubt it’s a bad tackle from Roofe, I don’t think that’s debatable. Though I’m not sure how often people are asked to describe the worst tackles they’ve seen, nor is it in a fans nature to bash their own players. But if me saying it was a bad tackle by Roofe makes you feel any better, then there you go 😅

38 minutes ago, AJF said:

Why would we discount certain types of injuries to make his stats look better?

Because we were on about tackles like McCauslands on Caseys. Quite how a concussion injury or him having the flu could he caused by such a thing is beyond me, but you batter on driving the narrative another way.

20 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

It wasn't even a fucking foul. McAusland it the one who's late, turns his back and connects with Casey. 

My take from the incident, beyond it not even being a foul is that it was brilliant to see, following his bad injury, that Casey wasn't holding back and was getting stuck right in.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because we were on about tackles like McCauslands on Caseys. Quite how a concussion injury or him having the flu could he caused by such a thing is beyond me, but you batter on driving the narrative another way.

But concussion or flu only accounted for 8 games according to what you said.

I’m not sure what narrative you think I’m trying to push. If we summarise what I’ve said on this thread as:

1) I don’t think Casey should’ve received a red card

2) I don’t think he needed to go to ground

3) It was perfectly natural for McCausland to pull out the challenge considering Casey was always reaching the ball before McCausland. It was impossible for McCausland to get there first

4) Davidson was a sicknote

Nothing really controversial there in my opinion or driving a “narrative” 

Edited by AJF

20 minutes ago, AJF said:

But concussion or flu only accounted for 8 games according to what you said.

I’m not sure what narrative you think I’m trying to push. If we summarise what I’ve said on this thread as:

1) I don’t think Casey should’ve received a red card

2) I don’t think he needed to go to ground

3) It was perfectly natural for McCausland to pull out the challenge considering Casey was always reaching the ball before McCausland. It was impossible for McCausland to get there first

4) Davidson was a sicknote

Nothing really controversial there in my opinion or driving a “narrative” 

You said Davidson going into those tackles and winning wasnt a great example of players not shitting it as McCausland did, because Davidson was "made of glass".

You showed me figures that showed he missed an average of 6 games a season with injury over a 15 year career despite regularly going into those tackles and being "made of glass".

Youve decided we should include him having the flu as part of our calculations. 

If you think his injury record is poor then im not sure what to say, 6 games a season isnt bad at all.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You said Davidson going into those tackles and winning wasnt a great example of players not shitting it as McCausland did, because Davidson was "made of glass".

You showed me figures that showed he missed an average of 6 games a season with injury over a 15 year career despite regularly going into those tackles and being "made of glass".

Youve decided we should include him having the flu as part of our calculations. 

If you think his injury record is poor then im not sure what to say, 6 games a season isnt bad at all.

I think we’re at an impasse here, as I thought it was fairly evident I was making a facetious comment about Davidson and we’ve drifted a bit.

I don’t think I am going to convince you otherwise, but objectively, I think missing 148 games through injury is a lot, even if you discount 8 of those games for sickness or concussions.

He has 456 appearances across his career, with 148 games missed through injury. So effectively he missed 1 in 4 matches through injury during his career. I’d say that’s pretty bad.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think we’re at an impasse here, as I thought it was fairly evident I was making a facetious comment about Davidson and we’ve drifted a bit.

Aye. Neither of us care about this amount about this, neither does anyone else.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I don’t think I am going to convince you otherwise, but objectively, I think missing 148 games through injury is a lot, even if you discount 8 of those games for sickness or concussions.

He has 456 appearances across his career, with 148 games missed through injury. So effectively he missed 1 in 4 matches through injury during his career. I’d say that’s pretty bad.

Davidson was also a hammer-thrower , live by the sword , die by the sword, and all that !

Terrible tackle on Davidson. I don’t remember that. 

I do however remember Davidson putting tackles in like that every time he played and being amazed he wasn’t sent off every time I seen him play so what goes round comes around I suppose. 

34 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I do however remember Davidson putting tackles in like that every time he played and being amazed he wasn’t sent off every time I seen him play so what goes round comes around I suppose. 

100% this.  Murray Davidson was a good player but he was also a dirty b*****d.  It's a shame a tackle as bad as Roofe's ended or cut short his career but that's how he played the game.  

I missed the first half as I was in Campbeltown with Carluke Rovers but managed to watch from when they scored the penalty in a pub, it was great watching it with the few Motherwell supporting players we have on the team and committee in a pub with a bunch of increasingly raging Rangers fans. For the criticism that the team and Kettlewell have deservedly got at times this season they were all brilliant to a man on Saturday. Especially Bair, for someone who many, myself included thought was a poor signing, he's absolutely proved us all wrong and I'm more than happy to take back what I said when we signed him. As for Spittal, we have to do whatever it takes to keep him, he's POTY for me. As someone said previously, even when we were going through that run of no wins he was still very good. Also on Kettlewell, I've always wanted him to do well and succeed with us even though for a good while I thought it was time up for him, especially after that defeat away to County so I'm happy he seems to have turned things around.

I didn't think Caseys tackle was a red when I saw it and still don't after seeing it back numerous times. When I saw the foul for the penalty I didn't think it was at the time but seeing it back and knowing it was for SODs part in it I can see why it was given. It shouldn't have taken so long to decide if it was or not though.

I rarely, if ever, listen to Clyde Super Scoreboard but had to on Monday night and was surprised to hear Halliday say he got a broken nose as I can't remember seeing anything that caused it. Does anyone know when it happened and who did it because he doesn't say who it was.