St Johnstone v Livingston - 02/03/24

6 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

I'd start Michael McGovern on the wing before I'd start Nouble him in goal.

ftfy.

If Nouble does start it has to be on the wing, keep him away from defence. But we've got better options on the wing too, ones that put a bit of effort in getting down to the byeline, and not just hit passes for someone else to do it.

Any chance Hamilton is fit enough to play, says everything when a keeper everyone else slags off is our best keeper.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Shamal in goals and Nouble dropped, Montano in the starting XI too, all good. Anderson is on the bench too though, and so is Brandon, also looks like it's the dreaded back 3, unless Nottingham is a RB in a back 4, but why would he be when Brandon is so much better. 

image.png.9b5e983169cbfc6016773d0ee070ab41.png

Looks very defensively set up, Yengi probably the only attacker, as i think MacKay will be playing as a RWB, opposite Montano as the LWB, and it'll be a back 3 of Nottingham-Obileye-Devlin. Wrong Kelly in there too,  flooding the midfield with defensive players. This looks very Martindale esque overthinking it and playing some tactical masterclass to keep it tight first half, bring on attacking subs in the 2nd half, and steal a 1-0 win, only St Johnstone will score because we are terrible at trying to be solid at the back, and plan A will go out the windy in the first 20 mins.

17 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Shamal in goals and Nouble dropped, Montano in the starting XI too, all good. Anderson is on the bench too though, and so is Brandon, also looks like it's the dreaded back 3, unless Nottingham is a RB in a back 4, but why would he be when Brandon is so much better. 

image.png.9b5e983169cbfc6016773d0ee070ab41.png

We had a lot of joy down our left with Jaiyesimi and Kimpioka, so its possible he sees Nottingham as better defensively to combat that.

It would be overthinking it and stunting yourself, based entirely on about 5 passages of play, though. 

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We had a lot of joy down our left with Jaiyesimi and Kimpioka, so its possible he sees Nottingham as better defensively to combat that.

It would be overthinking it and stunting yourself, based entirely on about 5 passages of play, though. 

That'll be it yep. Which is why i also think MacKay will be playing back in defence as a FB, or at best a WB, when he's one of our best attacking wingers to get us goals. Sort of move he did dropping Forrest for Bartley playing to try and stop Rooney in the cup final.

We aren't good enough to play so defensively though, whilst having so little goal threat. Hope i'm wrong and it turns out to be a masterstroke, but we've seen it go badly since the 2nd half of last season, and can almost predict the outcome with 100% certainty. Can see St Johnstone scoring 3 goals, and winning 3-1 or 3-2, depending on us ripping up the script and chucking on attacking players at HT like we did at Dingwall.

In a game we need to win, we're playing a game of chess, slowly moving about the pieces, and with one stroke St Johnstone will kick the chess board to f**k and send the pieces flying.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Anderson on the bench again.Kelly Shinnie and Devlin.God help us.🙏.

Shinnie might be set as an attacking mid, him and Holt starting together though, and Sean Kelly too, fecking hell. Too many of those midfielders are negative, defensive players. MacKay and Montano are good at making penetrating runs, but i fear they'll both be FB's to try and stop St Johnstone's wide players, and wont be getting up the pitch much.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The BBC has it as a back 4, but they're all CB's, and slow as f**k, Nottingham is the only one with some pace.

Looks like 4-4-1-1