St Johnstone v Livingston - 02/03/24

Can see fans of both teams are unable to contain their excitement for this one.

Craig Levein and St Johnstone choosing the perfect time to (appear to) get their act together. We're finished in this league but until it's mathematically confirmed we'll probably pick up the odd draw or win to make it seem like we can go on a run; hopefully get one of those here but who knows (I do, we won't).

Fun fact: the only time I've seen Livi win at McDiarmid Park was the Challenge Cup final against Alloa. I've never seen Livi score against St Johnstone in Perth.

Where's the best place to get parked?

The pressure should be off now, we're so far behind it's a foregone conclusion we're already down with 10 games to go, all we can do now is play each game hoping we win, and see where it takes us. Just start with Yengi and Anderson up front and have a go, or a front 3 with MacKay up there too, i'd get Nouble to f**k because he's not up for the fight, we're shite in defence so no point fannying about trying to play it tight, just go for it.

Too many false dawns with this side to even be remotely confident about tomorrow. If we play like last Saturday we're gubbed, if we play like Wednesday we will have more of a chance. Don't f**k about with players out of position, just play the game of football, it's easy.

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Craig Levein and St Johnstone choosing the perfect time to (appear to) get their act together. We're finished in this league but until it's mathematically confirmed we'll probably pick up the odd draw or win to make it seem like we can go on a run; hopefully get one of those here but who knows (I do, we won't).

Fun fact: the only time I've seen Livi win at McDiarmid Park was the Challenge Cup final against Alloa. I've never seen Livi score against St Johnstone in Perth.

If you want free B & Q  Crieff Road or £5 gets you a spot at McDiarmid.

I might be at this, which means it'll be awful.

Do think theres a chance this is fairly open and entertaining though. Livingston had literally nothing to lose and have players of quality in attack, while we have players capable of individual moments of magic and a way of playing that gets them 1v1. My only worry is Levein thinking a draw is enough to keep us off bottom as the gaps so big.

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Depends on your mobility and time you arrive but there's quite a few areas in the housing scheme within 10 min walk. 

If you're coming in from Edinburgh direction I'd suggest coming into Perth early at Broxden and then parking around the second image that I've scribbled on. All is basically just a walk down the hill and across the road. I see someone else suggested B&Q. That's fine but anything down on the road outside McDiarmid is just solid at full time. Less walk but much longer wait to get out at the end.

If you do get somewhere where I've said by the time you get to the car you can just head back out the way you came in and onto Broxden skipping the traffic coming out of the stadium and Tesco as well as skipping the traffic lights. 

Attached screenshots and worked on the assumption you're not familiar with Perth. I used to live in Bridge of Earn out the way you'll likely be coming in and would park there all the time.

Screenshot_2024-03-01-16-37-15-71_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-01-16-52-03-42_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

12 hours ago, East Calder Lion said:

I hope Montano is fit enough to start, could have him in instead of Nouble.

I'd start Michael McGovern on the wing before I'd start Nouble.

Sidibeh still out, and Clark/Keltjens to be assessed due to injury issues and the game being midweek.

Olufunwa the obvious RB replacement?

Then its about how you set up midfield/attack. Carey the obvious one to come in to replace Clark?

But then how do you set up midfield. Phillips/Sprangler sit, then you have Jaiyesimi, Matt Smith, and Carey, to fit in behind Kimpioka. 

There is one pair of fixtures that always stick in my mind. 

In February 2017 we played really well and won 2-1 in Dingwall then the next week Tommy Wright changed the team/system for the visit of Kilmarnock and we were really poor in a 2-0 defeat.

These are the sort of days where managers can't win... unless the team does.

If he goes same again and we don't win then why hasn't he changed it when it's a different opponent. Makes changes and we don't pick up points then why hasn't he just stuck with the same players.

Who'd be a manager.

Now we have 5 subs available, I'd start with the same team as midweek. And I'll try not to lambast the manager if it all goes wrong.

13 minutes ago, Radford said:

There is one pair of fixtures that always stick in my mind. 

In February 2017 we played really well and won 2-1 in Dingwall then the next week Tommy Wright changed the team/system for the visit of Kilmarnock and we were really poor in a 2-0 defeat.

These are the sort of days where managers can't win... unless the team does.

If he goes same again and we don't win then why hasn't he changed it when it's a different opponent. Makes changes and we don't pick up points then why hasn't he just stuck with the same players.

Who'd be a manager.

Now we have 5 subs available, I'd start with the same team as midweek. And I'll try not to lambast the manager if it all goes wrong.

I think given where we've been in recent weeks, and the stark difference in performance midweek, it would be crazy to change things too much unless injury dictates it.

Everything looked far more comfortable all across the park with players in roles they were familiar with and suited to.

I think he'll have to make at least one change, possibly two, due to injuries. Would keep the same shape and let the players know there better not be a drop in desire or hard work. Benchmark has been set for the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sidibeh still out, and Clark/Keltjens to be assessed due to injury issues and the game being midweek.

Then its about how you set up midfield/attack. Carey the obvious one to come in to replace Clark?

But then how do you set up midfield. Phillips/Sprangler sit, then you have Jaiyesimi, Matt Smith, and Carey, to fit in behind Kimpioka. 

3 hours ago, The Marly said:

Do exactly what we did on Wednesday.  Put our best eleven players in their best positions and don't over complicate things.

😀

Ideally the same team, but if Clark’s out I’d bring in May. Benji looks much more effective with a partner, and May looked lively and keen to make an impact on Wednesday night when he came on.  It means we can keep the same shape with options to change it if it’s not working.

I’d keep Carey on the bench and use as an impact sub.

Matches with Livi can be attritional affairs, so it’ll probably be a dull tight battle for an hour until someone tries to open up in search of a goal.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sidibeh is a genuine worry, unless it's just ultra caution (which would be fair). Even if he's fine and it was just, say, exhaustion, I'd be shitting it going back into a game.

Hope it's nothing serious / underlying.

As for the game agree with everyone else. Same team and same approach as Aberdeen. Any other opposition manager I'd be worried that it's far to predictable and set up against it, but Davey will twist himself in knots overthinking it. Should be an absolute stroll for Saints.

0-0

3 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Sidibeh is a genuine worry, unless it's just ultra caution (which would be fair). Even if he's fine and it was just, say, exhaustion, I'd be shitting it going back into a game.

Hope it's nothing serious / underlying.

Sure i read theyve not got test results back yet so arent risking anything