St Johnstone v Livingston - 02/03/24

Wretched season and all that but I found the lack of belief from Livingston in the second half quite startling, especially considering how shite we are. Time wasting and killing any momentum aside, there was no desire to get up the park at all. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

One of the most pathetic performances ive ever seen from a top flight side from Livingston today. Absolutely baffling too as the game was there to be won but they preferred to spend virtually the entire match time wasting.

We were poor but youve no chance of doing anything when the balls only in play for about 30 minutes of a match. Staggered that even at 1-1, with 10+ minutes left and the position theyre in, they still tried to take all the tempo out the match. 

Cowardly football got what it deserved, when any form of bravery and theyd have 3pts and still a chance of staying up. 

That scenario went out the door weeks ago.Most Livi fans knew that before this.If only a section of our support would accept were not good enough at this level the better.Having said that,those above us,shows how bad we are.Game management is a foreign word to us.Good luck whoever ends up in the playoffs, wont be us.🙈.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Not confident at all that we'll hold on, can see us coming out second half and just trying to sit back.

*Pretends to be shocked*

Sangare and Brandon coming on for Montano and Shinnie made a bit of sense. Sangare at LB and Brandon as attacking mid made absolutely no sense. Even if we somehow scraped enough points to stay up, it would be completely in spite of Martindale's genuinely baffling decisions. 

Edited by LiviLion

Saints were the usual pish. Midweek clearly a blip. I suppose the only positive is that we have enough battle to get a draw out of that game.

Livi, ooft. Game was there for the taking, but in a way, the antics to break the game up worked against them. Livi fans seem decent folk, but I doubt anyone will miss the club from the top flight. Bit surprised after Saints equalised Livi didn't go looking for a win. A point does nothing much for Livi tbh.

That pitch though! Don't think we use it for youth games etc, so how does it get so much worse week to week?

Take the point and run, especially with Aberdeen and County getting beat. Get to the end of match day 38 in 10th or above and that'll do. 

I've never seen a more cynical performance than that at mcdiarmid park. Even peak Accies and Minsk would only watch in awe at some of the antics there today. Don't get me wrong, I respect the hussle and understand that points are much more important than any thought to entertain right now. Just glad we managed to eek out a chance and Clark put it away. Must've been 21 minutes of added time between the two halves so probably the longest football match I've attended that didn't involve extra time too. 

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Take the point and run, especially with Aberdeen and County getting beat. Get to the end of match day 38 in 10th or above and that'll do. 

I've never seen a more cynical performance than that at mcdiarmid park. Even peak Accies and Minsk would only watch in awe at some of the antics there today. Don't get me wrong, I respect the hussle and understand that points are much more important than any thought to entertain right now. Just glad we managed to eek out a chance and Clark put it away. Must've been 21 minutes of added time between the two halves so probably the longest football match I've attended that didn't involve extra time too. 

FC Minsk were absolutely who I had in mind with that today. As with Minsk, Livi were helped by a pathetically weak referee who didn’t intervene at all.

That said, we were garbage for pretty much the duration. Sticking Carey wide right and Matt Smith on the left for an extended period was ridiculous.

We couldn't cope with the size of the Livi players. They never let move the ball and try to play football. Horrible game although we did salvage a point which was fair. As long as we match the Ross County results we will be ok.

I feel we are a match for anyone where we can make a few passes like at Aberdeen midweek. They are much easier to play against than Livi.

Neil Warnock must be shattered losing two goals in stopage time.

Have we ever had twenty minutes added time before?

5 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

FC Minsk were absolutely who I had in mind with that today. As with Minsk, Livi were helped by a pathetically weak referee who didn’t intervene at all.

That said, we were garbage for pretty much the duration. Sticking Carey wide right and Matt Smith on the left for an extended period was ridiculous.

Smith was honking on the left. f**k knows how it took the gaffer so long to fix it.  

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

That was pish. Fans who don't regularly attend but were there for the bring a pal deal today? They'll no be back.

We have some right shite footballers on the books.

We do this all the time. Get a few extra folk along who aren’t regulars then utterly stink the place out. 

Not a lot to add really. We were poor but I'm struggling to blame the players, or even the manager, entirely. Hard to know what you can do when it seems you're playing a team whose entire philosophy seems to be sign players that are as big as possible that can shitfest a game and just keep the ball in the air so the opposition can't win second balls. It's like under-16s pish where all the big lads make up the teams. First to admit we didn't help ourselves as we didn't seem to have the quality on that surface today to play with the ball on the ground.

Thank f**k we've hardly any games in the next month.

So many questions; why did Anderson not make an appearance; I think he has a pretty solid record against St. Johnstone. 

Why was Yengi dropped back to attacking midfield after the first half; after all it worked so well on Wednesday didn't it - not!

Did Nouble actually manage to get faster than a jog at any time?

Why was Montano left on for another quarter hour after being injured?

What a bloody mess!

Oh and congrats to St Johnstone for managing to climb above Aberdeen in the table.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

That was pish. Fans who don't regularly attend but were there for the bring a pal deal today? They'll no be back.

We have some right shite footballers on the books.

Thing is Tam.Youl stay in the Division. After so long we won't. Big result for the Fermers.👏.

The most bizarre thing about livi’s tactics is they actually looked more dangerous in possession when it was 0-0 and briefly towards the end.

Hampered by another one of this current generation of Scottish managers who think the only way possible to win a match is go 1 up then sit in and absolutely shit fest the rest of the match.

The sooner the lot of them f**k off the better, and we might actually start to see some entertainment in our domestic game again.

Spoiler

IMG_9489.thumb.webp.2aa8d5acd14fd087444dd77d12711d27.webp

1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Not a lot to add really. We were poor but I'm struggling to blame the players, or even the manager, entirely. Hard to know what you can do when it seems you're playing a team whose entire philosophy seems to be sign players that are as big as possible that can shitfest a game and just keep the ball in the air so the opposition can't win second balls. It's like under-16s pish where all the big lads make up the teams. First to admit we didn't help ourselves as we didn't seem to have the quality on that surface today to play with the ball on the ground.

Thank f**k we've hardly any games in the next month.

You sum it up I agree.

Was a poor game all round. Was suprised when we equalised and Livi were still treating like it was 1-0 to them.

Must say, the block that Keltjens made somepoint in the 2nd(?) half impressed me. Feel we've got a decent rb in him and could do with a better attacking option ahead of him.

Gordon on the other hand, must have went down twice with a head knock which both took out our own player. He's reckless, and he's at an age where it can't be inexperience as an excuse, he has somewhere near 200 professional games for christ sake. If it didn't mean our starting cbs were McGowan and Considine I would have him dropped.