9 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

May be an image of 3 people, people playing football, people playing American football and text

And he got a red card for that? Honestly, the injustice will never end.

Kerrydale Street post match thread was good. First 2 posts - 1/ Fix

2/ Never a red never a pen. John Beaton a dirty cheating *********** (orange *******)

Went downhill after that.

Edited by Jacksgranda

1 hour ago, woolf said:

Complete heads gone every single time they get beat and it’s fkn glorious to sit back and watch 😂

But... the lack of competition in domestic football...

On 04/03/2024 at 09:52, houston_bud said:

Incidently, here's what Rodgers said after Olusanya was sent off against Celtic.

Screenshot_20240304_185010_Chrome Beta.jpg

Speaking to a former SPFL ref last night and he said the Celtic penalty was a subjective one and so one VAR certainly shouldn't have been involved in, and the Celtic one a penalty by the rules, but still a bloody disgrace, since the rule is idiotic.

But he also said that the red card was 100% a red card and Don Robertson made an error in the original yellow - if the studs catch the player in the face (as opposed to, say, the laces), refs have been instructed that that is unquestionably a sending off offence. His assumption was that Roberson didn't realise the Celtic player's studs were forward until VAR called him over to the screen.

He was also quite scathing about the likes of Neil Lennon going on about the lack of malice, as though that made any difference. 

17 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Going to assume you mean '***' here, which is a term that has nothing to do with religion. I mentioned Rangers because 'penalty to Rangers' has become a meme in Scottish football, and I mention Hearts because we played them yesterday, and because of a previous game where we should've had a penalty for a handball but didn't get it. And if my memory serves me correctly Hearts also got a penalty for a handball in that same game.

Bloody hell - I read your first post and thought 'he's surely not referencing the Michael Smith handball there, is he?'

Because that would be hilariously daft in a generalisation about teams not getting penalties against them.

17 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

It was a facetious remark relating to a stonewall penalty we should have been awarded at Tynecastle, during Ange's tenure, when your player handballed it in the box. I was reminded of that incident because yesterday's match was played in the same stadium.

This is an example of the mentality problem the Celtic support has.

That game caused a full-blown meltdown. The Smith penalty decision could have gone either way, but it obviously wasn't over-turned as (in keeping with the laws of the game) it was deemed that his arm had moved towards the ball as he was moving quickly from right to left. Your arm comes up when you do that, and that's why his arm hits the ball.

It's a judgement call. You could give it either way. It's absolutely not a "stonewall penalty". But the Celtic echo chamber went daft with still images or 0.5 second clips that made it look like Smith was playing basketball. @LuboMoravcik, you're wrong about that decision, and it seems you've been swayed by the collective headsgone of the Celtic support.

That was the same game as the infamous offside, where Celtic Twitter swamped social media with a picture showing the ball in the air about two seconds after being kicked to "prove" the Celtic player was onside. When the wider image became available showing him to be offside, none of the Celtic Twitter accounts I am aware of corrected their error, apologised for calling the linesman a cheat, or ever accepted they had been wrong. They just move on and the two incidents - both called correctly in line with the laws of the game - pass into Celtic folklore as examples of cheating against them.

Anyone wanting a laugh, go and have a look at the kerrydale street match threads for this one. Massive echo-chamber stuff, and a complete lack of willingness to just refer to the laws of the game. It's genuinely unhealthy. I can't imagine living like that.

They're obsessed with being cheated. In reality, they missed a soft penalty, had a player sent off correctly, were maybe a bit unlucky to then concede a penalty, and had no chance after Rodgers decided to leave their midfield wide open for Hearts to drive a bus through in the second half. They could have lost by more.

59 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Anyone wanting a laugh, go and have a look at the kerrydale street match threads for this one.

Among the expected 'Beaton is a ***' / 'What about this incident from three years ago which was refereed differently' / 'You get them telt, Brendan' shite, I did like this comment from one ItaliaBhoy, which shows an ignorance both of the SFA's own admissions re which clubs have been shafted by bad VAR decisions, and how many goals Shankland has scored from the spot this season.

They seem to get almost as many decisions as the **** from VAR.  It's really boosted Shankland's stats, whihc would be average without all the penalties.

34 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Among the expected 'Beaton is a ***' / 'What about this incident from three years ago which was refereed differently' / 'You get them telt, Brendan' shite, I did like this comment from one ItaliaBhoy, which shows an ignorance both of the SFA's own admissions re which clubs have been shafted by bad VAR decisions, and how many goals Shankland has scored from the spot this season.

They seem to get almost as many decisions as the **** from VAR.  It's really boosted Shankland's stats, whihc would be average without all the penalties.

Old Firm fans, generally speaking, know f**k all about the rest of the league.

These are fanbases who, in large numbers, listen to Super Scoreboard. That's where they get their news.

2 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Bloody hell - I read your first post and thought 'he's surely not referencing the Michael Smith handball there, is he?'

Because that would be hilariously daft in a generalisation about teams not getting penalties against them.

Check the definition of 'facetious'.

Absolutely hilarious in 2024 how many Celtic fans are FUMIN saying things like "there's no contact", "there's no intent", and "that's never deliberate handball".

How can you get away with making such a huge fuss while simultaneously exposing that you don't have a handle on the laws of the game? It's fucking mad. And nobody among their number seems to ever actually just refer to the rules. There must be some of them quietly sitting knowing they're all talking shite, but terrified of being called a *** for pointing out their collective ignorance.