57 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Well personally I think Beaton is a Rangers supporting cheat, but I disagree with Rodgers about whether or not it was a red card, yes.

Beaton made no decisions yesterday, apart from not asking the referee to have a second look at Celtic's penalty

4 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Watch it then. Cochrane is in front of Yang who runs round and barges into Cochrange.

Exactly what porteus used to do, barge and fall, forcing the game to stop and a decision to be made (on the spot, with no apparent direction to the monitor by beaton; maybe beaton did and robertson rejected)

Interesting that dessers was reputedly penalised for the same attempted 'buying of the foul', which is usually soft outside the box, but not critical as it's not a penalty decision; it's always a suspicious thing for a ref to give a pen or red for these; Cochrane, again, last year when we were having very little problems from celtic and gollum intervenes with his nonsense 'overrule' of sappy walsh

This post was meant to be brief 🤣🤣

10 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

When you're coming down from a jump and being shoved by one of your own players , then it’s that players fault and he’s responsible for his teammates arm sticking out.

Had it been a Hearts player who shoved him in the back , then no penalty 

FTFY 

Its really that simple and obvious .

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

When’s one of our shitebag journalists gonna point out to Brenda he says only a couple months ago “the st mirren player had no intent but it’s a red card” then ask why he’s appealing the same outcome?

I think the two are a fair bit different so I'm not sure why people are comparing  them as if they are the same. Yang's is alot higher but is trying to control the ball therefore not a great a deal of force being used however due to how high his foot was up your always asking for trouble if anyone is around you. Olusanya's was quite low in comparison but is lunging to the ball with more his weight behind it and trying to strike it to score with his studs going flush with Harts face iirc. 

I'm not saying either are absolutely a red or yellow but in Yang's case I don't think VAR would have necessarily have needed to intervene if a red or yellow was dished out by the ref as I get the merits of both cards,  Olusanya was a bit unlucky because of how low his foot was but at same time a player again would be in trouble if they were to make that challenge on a defender whose legs may have  been in that position.

Edited by gannonball

Descended into the usual smoke and mirrors pish from the usual suspects.As has been said over and over,Beaton decided absolutely nothing on Sunday but I do agree the guy is a muppet.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I think the two are a fair bit different so I'm not sure why people are comparing  them as if they are the same. Yang's is alot higher but is trying to control the ball therefore not a great a deal of force being used however due to how high his foot was up your always asking for trouble if anyone is around you. Olusanya's was quite low but is lunging to the ball with more his weight behind it and trying to strike it to score with his studs going flush with Harts face iirc. 

I'm not saying either are absolutely a red or yellow but in Yang's case I don't think VAR would have necessarily have needed to intervene if a red or yellow was dished out by the ref as I get the merits of both cards,  Olusanya was a bit unlucky because of how low his foot was but at same time a player again would be in trouble if they were to make that challenge on a defender whose legs may have  been in that position.

So both instances were studs to the face then and a high boot, thanks for clarifying. 

"A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses
excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play"

The lad has his foot at head height and could quite easily have caught Cochrane in the coupon with his studs.

It's an open and shut red card for endangering the safety of an opponent.

Fucking mad that anyone is arguing this, apart from that it's Celtic.

Away from refereeing chat, I think the most enjoyable part of our crushing victory on Sunday was the absolute heads gone in the away end in response to "Oh the wee Hibs are shite".

Quite a few of them absolutely lost the run of themselves. It was a beatuiful, beautiful thing.

40 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Away from refereeing chat, I think the most enjoyable part of our crushing victory on Sunday was the absolute heads gone in the away end in response to "Oh the wee Hibs are shite".

Quite a few of them absolutely lost the run of themselves. It was a beatuiful, beautiful thing.

Last tynecastle game v the great unwashed brenda says it the quietest it’s ever been……touché 😀

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

I think the two are a fair bit different so I'm not sure why people are comparing  them as if they are the same. Yang's is alot higher but is trying to control the ball therefore not a great a deal of force being used however due to how high his foot was up your always asking for trouble if anyone is around you. Olusanya's was quite low in comparison but is lunging to the ball with more his weight behind it and trying to strike it to score with his studs going flush with Harts face iirc. 

Tamato tomato 🍅 

8 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

"A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses
excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play"

The lad has his foot at head height and could quite easily have caught Cochrane in the coupon with his studs.

It's an open and shut red card for endangering the safety of an opponent.

Fucking mad that anyone is arguing this, apart from that it's Celtic.

I mind Nani getting sent off against Real Madrid about 10 years ago for a high boot that was totally accidental. 

3 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

When’s one of our shitebag journalists gonna point out to Brenda he says only a couple months ago “the st mirren player had no intent but it’s a red card” then ask why he’s appealing the same outcome?

If Jinky reads this,  you'll be getting a lecture. 

If you are tackling at face height with force you should be getting 20 games, no just a red card.

I'm no sure what the argument is on this.  You see players get red carded for way less than what Yang did.  He sees the player coming,  raises his foot and makes contact.  Not a chance it gets overturned