1 minute ago, VictorOnopko said:

The good thing about supporting a diddy team is that we are psychologically prepared to draw and (gasp!) lose league matches.  Wins are savoured, not boring and routine.

That's why the Celtic fans' massive, nonsensical paranoia, astronomical entitlement, referee-blaming and calling for your board to be sacked just because you're 2 points off the top of the premiership, having won the league 11 out of the past 12 years, is really really funny.

I'll take that as an aye, then.

3 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

The good thing about supporting a diddy team is that we are psychologically prepared to draw and (gasp!) lose league matches.  Wins are savoured, not boring and routine.

That's why the Celtic fans' massive, nonsensical paranoia, astronomical entitlement, referee-blaming and calling for your board to be sacked just because you're 2 points off the top of the premiership, having won the league 11 out of the past 12 years, is really really funny.

It's almost as if Celtic and Rangers fans don't understand that, to win a league or a cup, there have to be other teams in the competitions for these two teams to beat. It's almost as if they can't understand that it's possible to support a team that don't win the vast majority of their matches. Aberdeen have taken it to an extreme this season certainly. 

2 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

I'll take that as an aye, then.

You can do if you like, but you'd be completely wrong.  Supporting Thistle is generally a good laugh, except when we chuck a 3-goal lead in the Premiership playoff in the last 20 mins then lose on pens of course. That was a bit shit.

Cheer up - you might still make it 12 out of the last 13 League titles despite the world's most ineffective establishment conspiracy, now wouldn't that be exciting.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It's almost as if Celtic and Rangers fans don't understand that, to win a league or a cup, there have to be other teams in the competitions for these two teams to beat. It's almost as if they can't understand that it's possible to support a team that don't win the vast majority of their matches. Aberdeen have taken it to an extreme this season certainly. 

There's rules and there are Celtic rules , they are two seperate entity's.

6 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Check the definition of 'facetious'.

Wasn’t there once a photo of a Celtic fan with a Lidl bag of facetious?

I could be mistaken however. Maybe it was an Aldi bag.

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

Appeal tossed out. Good. 

High boot catches opposition player who is standing at his full height, on the face. That's as frivolous an appeal as the Mayo one by Kilmarnock. No extra game ban though. Surprising?

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

High boot catches opposition player who is standing at his full height, on the face. That's as frivolous an appeal as the Mayo one by Kilmarnock. No extra game ban though. Surprising?

No

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Sound the ‘frivolous appeal’ klaxon, in my opinion. 

Not made an appearance for a while. 

I may be forgetting something, but has the frivolous appeal not only been used once?

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I may be forgetting something, but has the frivolous appeal not only been used once?

Hibs got it once for porteous I think too. It’s a very  selective process 

28 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

"exclusive"

34 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I was looking to see whether we'd appealed against the VAR Driven upgrade of Cochrane's yellow to a red in last May's home game against Celtic and apparently we didn't partly because we'd just seen Aberdeen punished for a "Frivolous appeal" on behalf of Graeme Shinnie from a game against Ross county

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65349430

It's at 1:20  in this highlights package

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

35 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I was looking to see whether we'd appealed against the VAR Driven upgrade of Cochrane's yellow to a red in last May's home game against Celtic and apparently we didn't partly because we'd just seen Aberdeen punished for a "Frivolous appeal" on behalf of Graeme Shinnie from a game against Ross county

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65349430

It's at 1:20  in this highlights package

I’d actually forgotten how utterly ridiculous that frivolous ban was. Totally nuts.

Just now, kingjoey said:

I’d actually forgotten how utterly ridiculous that frivolous ban was. Totally nuts.

If it had happened against St Mirren, you wouldn't have been allowed to forget about it...

25 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

All technically within their remit but it was incredibly obvious that we’d be sitting here a year later with a series of appeals thrown out and this rule not invoked again.