Annan v Queens

Queens are heading for the relagation playoffs.

Annan are on the up they have  more heart and desire than us will go to win the game .

We will be without our 2 best centre backs Goss will win everything in the air .

Bartley is clueless as a manager should have been sacked months ago.

10 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Annan are on the up they have  more heart and desire than us will go to win the game .

We will be without our 2 best centre backs Goss will win everything in the air .

None of our centre backs fill me with any real confidence with Brydon the best of the bunch IMHO but a combination of Ambrose and McKay is scraping the bottom of a truly shite barrel. Frankly if Annan don’t win this game they’ll deserve to be in the play off spot. They’re due a win against us and I’ll be very surprised if they don’t get it.  

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

8 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Listen - Queens are the bigger club, full time,beat us 3 times already this season.Are you worried ?

Never thought I would say this but Annan must be huge favourites.We are the bigger full time club  but that   means nothing if you have a clueless manager and players who are not up for the fight to stay up .

That is how low this season has  got worried about going to Annan expecting to get nothing. 

11 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Goss won everything in the air last time at Annan, still couldnt win. They've run us close in every game so far, this will probably be the same but I expect us to get something out of the game. Would like to see Mumbongo start to give us  bit of physical presence up front. I also expect the ex Queens players at Annan will be weighed down by the chips on their shoulders. 

11 hours ago, the philosopher said:

You f_____ better be.

Bring it on.

Great day tho guys- watch Killie send Warnock speechless, more than a few beers,good local Derby, great day out.

Enjoy.

No Old Firm for you this time though unfortunately eh? 

To answer your question elsewhere you just have to scroll through some of my posts on QoS threads to see what I expect to happen next week. 

Annan really should have got something out the last game if it wasn't for Goss demonstrating why I never rated him at Queens. If both our slightly better* CBs are out then he'll obviously get as many chances on Saturday. The law of averages and all that. 

I'd argue the pressure is actually on Annan here. I'm resigned to 9th at this point. (Annan are absolutely shite but their players have something ours fail to show for the most part - fight. We seem to have a side not playing for our (useless) manager whereas Annan obviously like Murphy as they challenge for every ball. That mentality might well be enough to sneak some points. I'm struggling to see where our next win comes.) But if we manage to win here it's a 10 point gap and I can't see Annan overturning that. Take it down to 4 and the momentum is with Annan IMO. A draw would be a better result for us. 

Having said that, I can't see our luck lasting and I expect an Annan win here. With any luck the Bookies are as useless as ever with our level and the price will be it a bit easier to take: ETA They've clearly done their homework and rightly have Annan as favourites. Oh well. 

* Brydon is clearly our best CB/player but McLelland is probably the second best of a bad bunch. 

Edited by 19QOS19

Hard to see anything other than an Annan win here with our solitary striker spending the entire game chasing scraps.  While their team is limited in quality they are at least showing a bit of fight.  Something of an alien concept to our team.  

14 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Home win as the league 2 express gathers pace. Choo choo

With our modern day Casey Jones giving it full steam ahead seemingly oblivious to what he's doing to our club.

14 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

How do you get a O.A.P.  ticket for the game.?

Only showing the Adult £16 option .

Just had a look. Tap the £0.00 to £16.00 button and the concession tickets option appears.

4 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Just had a look. Tap the £0.00 to £16.00 button and the concession tickets option appears.

Thank for your help got it now was hoping maybe a sell out save me going to another horror show 

1 minute ago, Greenacres said:

Thank for your help got it now was hoping maybe a sell out save me going to another horror show 

About the only good thing going in the away end at Annan is the view's  that crap you can't see Bartleyball very well.

I know there isn’t a hope in hell we could put the team below on the park, what with injuries and an inept/incompetent manager but it’s the one I’d like to see tomorrow. At least we could possibly see some attacking intent.

Stone

Brydon, Ambrose, McClelland, Kilsby

Gibson, Todd, Ferguson/Cochran, Connelly.

Reilly, Mumbongo

I’m sure marvellous Marv will have been studying our opponents thoroughly all week with the analysis of their various phases of play and transition from defence to attack, etc, etc. He’ll no doubt field a team in personnel and shape nothing like the above.

We all know Annan will be right up for this with quite a few of their players out to prove a point. That being said and with the motivation Bartley seems to get into his Queens team I can see nothing other than a home win here.

At least the forecast is for it to stay dry. With the way our season has gone it’ll be interesting to see how many we take to Galabank, I’m expecting our numbers to be down on our last visit.

5 minutes ago, bod said:

I know there isn’t a hope in hell we could put the team below on the park, what with injuries and an inept/incompetent manager but it’s the one I’d like to see tomorrow. At least we could possibly see some attacking intent.

Stone

Brydon, Ambrose, McClelland, Kilsby

Gibson, Todd, Ferguson/Cochran, Connelly.

Reilly, Mumbongo

I’m sure marvellous Marv will have been studying our opponents thoroughly all week with the analysis of their various phases of play and transition from defence to attack, etc, etc. He’ll no doubt field a team in personnel and shape nothing like the above.

We all know Annan will be right up for this with quite a few of their players out to prove a point. That being said and with the motivation Bartley seems to get into his Queens team I can see nothing other than a home win here.

At least the forecast is for it to stay dry. With the way our season has gone it’ll be interesting to see how many we take to Galabank, I’m expecting our numbers to be down on our last visit.

We will go with a back 7 try and try and scramble a draw .

Would like us to take the game to Annan but that is not going to happen .

16 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I would certainly like to see Mumbongo start, we need a physical presence up front to stand up to Annan's usually physical ( aka clogging) defensive style.

First look at Mumbongo last week did not look good against the physical Stirling defence.

Doherty might be a option but is he injured not involved last week