Will Warnock "Hibs it"?

Will Warnock emulate Butcher and take his side from mid table to play-offs, to out of the league...  

214 members have voted

1. 1. You have until Aberdeen's next league game to make your decision...

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/03/24 at 19:45

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Your obsession with Dundee is very weird.

Even some United fans don't care about us that much.

You said you haven't supported a team in years, but claim to have a soft spot for County and Kilmarnock because they were playing us.

Did Neil McCann pump your Ma?

She should be so lucky

Nope, Warnock won’t oversee an Aberdeen relegation. They’ll survive, Warnock will leave, and Cormack will make a statement along the lines of ‘we’ll take stock, take our time, and we’ll get the right person in to take the club forward’. Then, after all the applications come in, Cormack will make another statement along the lines of ‘the standard of applicant is testament to the attractiveness of the position, we will take our time, and, yadda, yadda’. Then Cormack will unveil their new boss with a smiling handshake photo, and a photo of the new boss holding the scarf aloft in front of the big stand at Pittodrie.

Then the new season will start and Aberdeen will simply be part of the pack that includes about eight or nine other teams. They’ll be every bit as capable of finishing 4th, or 10th, as any other diddy outfit. That’s because there’s fcuk-all between about eight or nine of us.

Then Cormack will sack the latest mug, and, well, you know.

Edited by pozbaird

Would Aberdeen going down be funnier than getting played off the park by Darvel?

Personally I think that they'll stay up and avoid the play off spot but Warnock will probably be gone by then.

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Nope, Warnock won’t oversee an Aberdeen relegation. They’ll survive, Warnock will leave, and Cormack will make a statement along the lines of ‘we’ll take stock, take our time, and we’ll get the right person in to take the club forward’. Then, after all the applications come in, Cormack will make another statement along the lines of ‘the standard of applicant is testament to the attractiveness of the position, we will take our time, and, yadda, yadda’. Then Cormack will unveil their new boss with a smiling handshake photo, and a photo of the new boss holding the scarf aloft in front of the big stand at Pittodrie.

Then the new season will start and Aberdeen will simply be part of the pack that includes about eight or nine other teams. They’ll be every bit as capable of finishing 4th, or 10th, as any other diddy outfit. That’s because there’s fcuk-all between about eight or nine of us.

Then Cormack will sack the latest mug, and, well, you know.

Your insistence that there’s nothing between 10 teams in the league just doesn’t really hold up to much scrutiny to be honest. It’s close enough that there’s significant overlap between clubs floors and ceilings but your analysis to far too simplistic. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Your insistence that there’s nothing between 10 teams in the league just doesn’t really hold up to much scrutiny to be honest. It’s close enough that there’s significant overlap between clubs floors and ceilings but your analysis to far too simplistic. 

I disagree. Going into next season, St Mirren could once more eye Top 6, or we could slip backwards to be involved in our normal bottom 6 relegation scrap. Motherwell and St Johnstone have been solid top flight teams, they’ve whiffed a lot this season. Hibs could do anything next season, again, 3rd to maybe 10th. Livingston have never really been relegation threatened fodder, until now.

I don’t think it’s simplistic at all. Take away the uglies, and probably Hearts, then put all the other team names in a hat. Pull them out at random, and it could easily be the final league table. In my opinion, obviously.

I'm torn on this because Alan Burrows is a good mate of mine, but then Neil Warnock is a patronising old dick and watching him go through the process of realising it is very funny.

Kilmarnock recently fucked #tb4 and left it as #tb3. Im all for Aberdeen now exiting and leaving Celtic and Motherwell as #tb2.

12 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I disagree. Going into next season, St Mirren could once more eye Top 6, or we could slip backwards to be involved in our normal bottom 6 relegation scrap. Motherwell and St Johnstone have been solid top flight teams, they’ve whiffed a lot this season. Hibs could do anything next season, again, 3rd to maybe 10th. Livingston have never really been relegation threatened fodder, until now.

I don’t think it’s simplistic at all. Take away the uglies, and probably Hearts, then put all the other team names in a hat. Pull them out at random, and it could easily be the final league table. In my opinion, obviously.

In the games we've lost this season only St Mirren (a 2-0 at home on 7 February) and the arse cheeks have won by more than a goal.

On the whole our games against the other 10 have normally been draws or decided by a single goal (19 out of 24 games) - any of the 10 can beat each other on their day.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

7 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

In the games we've lost this season only St Mirren (a 2-0 at home on 7 February) and the arse cheeks have won by more than a goal.

On the whole our games against the other 10 have normally been draws or decided by a single goal (19 out of 24 games) - any of the 10 can beat each other on their day.

My point exactly. We just went to Easter Road and pumped them 3-0. We just beat another ‘famous big club’ 2-1… and struggling Livvy just beat us 1-0, and we needed a late, late show to get a draw at struggling Ross County. There really isn’t much between most of us at all. Must grate, if you support a famous club. Well, one that used to be famous.

42 minutes ago, bennett said:

Would Aberdeen going down be funnier than getting played off the park by Darvel?

Almost as funny, but not quite, as the administration and eventual liquidation and death of Rangers Football Club

#sevcosundays

I don’t think it’ll happen but Neil Warnock getting Aberdeen relegated would be one of the funniest non Rangers liquidation moments in Scottish football history.

28 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I don’t think it’ll happen but Neil Warnock getting Aberdeen relegated would be one of the funniest non Rangers liquidation moments in Scottish football history.

Certainly up there with Oldco’s death, and Hearts easily securing the title at Dens Park that time.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

My point exactly. We just went to Easter Road and pumped them 3-0. We just beat another ‘famous big club’ 2-1… and struggling Livvy just beat us 1-0, and we needed a late, late show to get a draw at struggling Ross County. There really isn’t much between most of us at all. Must grate, if you support a famous club. Well, one that used to be famous.

Saying that st Mirren can finish top 6 or that anyone can beat anyone on their day doesn’t really prove your point though, does it? 

If you don’t believe a well run Aberdeen has a higher ceiling than st Mirren then I’m not sure what to say to be honest. Fact is we’re currently run appallingly and, like hearts and hibs, we can find ourselves in serious bother when we do, which is where we are. Thats a great strength of our league and wouldn’t have it any other way. But to say we’re all just a 10 team lottery isn’t right. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Saying that st Mirren can finish top 6 or that anyone can beat anyone on their day doesn’t really prove your point though, does it? 

If you don’t believe a well run Aberdeen has a higher ceiling than st Mirren then I’m not sure what to say to be honest. Fact is we’re currently run appallingly and, like hearts and hibs, we can find ourselves in serious bother when we do, which is where we are. Thats a great strength of our league and wouldn’t have it any other way. But to say we’re all just a 10 team lottery isn’t right. 

The results say otherwise.