Stranraer v Dumbarton Tuesday 5th March

1 minute ago, FifeSons said:

You’d probably get hauled into the back room by the Stasi if you ever dared to ask Faz if he was considering his position.

Forgot about that because people liked working with him previously 🥺

God forbid we got a manger who was successful but others within the stadium didn't see eye to eye with them. 

23 minutes ago, Jordo1872 said:

And not the only one under Faz’s reign. Off the top of my head we’ve lost 6 at Stirling, 6 at Annan, 5 tonight at a relegation threatened Stranraer and there was the 5-1 home defeat to an Albion Rovers team who did go on and get relegated.

You can also throw in the 5-0 to Peterhead, 6-2 to Falkirk and 4-1 to Edinburgh City (who were a division below us) from his first season and the seven we shipped to Rangers b last season. I might be willing to disregard that last one considering we played a second choice team but the rest is pretty damning.

Good decision from Aggy to drop Dolan and play Johnston wide, Dolan never got a sniff a couple of weeks ago against Dumbarton. 

Although we were penned in a little for a ten minute spell after our first goal, I thought we were excellent from front to back. 
At one point it felt like we were going to score every time we went forward. 

Robertson returning to the midfield is a big plus, give Fleming and Forrest a lot more freedom, that showed tonight. 

Not often a goalkeeper get praised after a 5-0 win but, I’ll give Bud a shout. 
Stopped what looked like a certain goal right on half time, handling of the ball was excellent too. 
Seems to be improving every game. 

41 minutes ago, Jordo1872 said:

And not the only one under Faz’s reign. Off the top of my head we’ve lost 6 at Stirling, 6 at Annan, 5 tonight at a relegation threatened Stranraer and there was the 5-1 home defeat to an Albion Rovers team who did go on and get relegated.

I don’t think I can recall another Dumbarton manager suffering so many heavy defeats. If there is you’re probably going back to the Jim Fallon era but then the board at least had the balls to pull the trigger when required.

The direction of travel is absolutely down and we don’t have a board able or willing to act. The club from top to bottom is an absolute shambles; ownership, management, players who fold in many of not most ‘big games’, right down to smaller but significant aspects like the ongoing pitch condition and the embarrassment of a club website. Zero leadership and zero accountability top to bottom.

You forgot about the emptying of volunteers who have supported the club for decades on the say-so of one individual.  No wonder the rest of Scottish football is regarding us as a basket case of a club.

2 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

You forgot about the emptying of volunteers who have supported the club for decades on the say-so of one individual.  No wonder the rest of Scottish football is regarding us as a basket case of a club.

And the bizarre sponsorship decisions.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

What’s this all about?

Don’t know if they were emptied exactly, but haven’t several folk like Stephen Lynch and the groundsman walked away because of how badly they were treated?

Just now, FifeSons said:

Don’t know if they were emptied exactly, but haven’t several folk like Stephen Lynch and the groundsman walked away because of how badly they were treated?

The groundsman wasn’t a volunteer, he was a paid employee who quite rightly chucked it when the club fucked him about. I know of a few folk walking away because of the state of things but I didn’t about any volunteers who were punted? 

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The groundsman wasn’t a volunteer, he was a paid employee who quite rightly chucked it when the club fucked him about. I know of a few folk walking away because of the state of things but I didn’t about any volunteers who were punted? 

No idea, but nothing would surprise me anymore.

Yeah, that was ritual humiliation. A complete embarrassment. 

Defending that had to be seen to be believed and huge chances passed up at the other end. Not one of the players gets pass marks, every single one of them was abominable. 

I said it a few weeks ago, there are a clutch of players in this team who look like they really struggle with football at League 2 level and every so often that gets exposed brutally. A better manager might be able to extract a tune from those lads but I guess that question is hypothetical, as Farrell is here to stay until the Rock melts with the sun. 

And on Farrell, obviously not helped by a defensive capitulation, but this clown honestly doesn’t help himself. Throwing on a clearly unfit Kalvin Orsi when we’re 4-0 down. Then allowing him to limp around for a further 10-15 mins clutching his leg….what the f**k? In the end I think Orsi just strolled off himself. Keeping the likes of Ruth and Newbury on for the full 90 in a match that was long gone? That’s genuinely terrible management of the football team. 

8 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Two club ambassadors had their positions withdrawn after they entered the hospitality area after the Rangers Cup-tie.  

What on earth is a club ambassador?

I’ve heard about that incident but the version I heard varies slightly from yours. I had no idea they were ambassadors or what they actually done mind you. 

27 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Yeah, that was ritual humiliation. A complete embarrassment. 

Defending that had to be seen to be believed and huge chances passed up at the other end. Not one of the players gets pass marks, every single one of them was abominable. 

I said it a few weeks ago, there are a clutch of players in this team who look like they really struggle with football at League 2 level and every so often that gets exposed brutally. A better manager might be able to extract a tune from those lads but I guess that question is hypothetical, as Farrell is here to stay until the Rock melts with the sun. 

And on Farrell, obviously not helped by a defensive capitulation, but this clown honestly doesn’t help himself. Throwing on a clearly unfit Kalvin Orsi when we’re 4-0 down. Then allowing him to limp around for a further 10-15 mins clutching his leg….what the f**k? In the end I think Orsi just strolled off himself. Keeping the likes of Ruth and Newbury on for the full 90 in a match that was long gone? That’s genuinely terrible management of the football team. 

It's like watching your dog die and it could be about to get worse.

In the last two seasons Stevie Farrell has managed to build fairly decent squads and the team has got off to good starts in the league.  For all sorts of reasons I doubt that's likely to happen a third time, with obvious consequences - I wonder if anyone on the Board is even considering this possibility 

But that is of course assuming that we fail to gain promotion this season.

24 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

What on earth is a club ambassador?

I’ve heard about that incident but the version I heard varies slightly from yours. I had no idea they were ambassadors or what they actually done mind you. 

I wondered the same thing. Club ambassador - is that a new thing?

Anyway, the private members club mentality does not surprise me. That's been a permanent feature of our club for decades.