Stranraer v Dumbarton Tuesday 5th March

Apologies from all of us on the stranraerfclive media team on the poor stream. Due to local issues I believe with the Internet our tech guy who incidentally was doing the main camera, laptop and streaming stuff at the same time ran into all sorts of problems. He had to reboot while trying to film. Ended up I believe him asking our committee media guy to film now and again which obviously isn't easy when you haven't done that before. I was out doing gopros etc. Lack of volunteers on the media team numbers wise due it being a midweek match didn't help either. Most of us live in the central belt. However knobody could forsee the streaming issues which isn't like our coverage.

Not that dumbarton fans will want to see it but we will manage to put something through highlights wise later today which will be good as usual.

Edited by Blue1870

33 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

Apologies from all of us on the stranraerfclive media team. Due local issues I believe with the Internet our tech guy who incidentally was doing the main camera, laptop and streaming stuff at the same time ran into all sorts of problems rebooting while trying to film. Ended up I believe him asking our committee media guy to film now and again which obviously isn't easy when you haven't done that before. I was out doing gopros etc. Lack of volunteers on the media team numbers wise due it being a midweek match didn't help either. Most of us live in the central belt. However knobody could forsee the streaming issues which isn't like our coverage.

Not that dumbarton fans will want to see it but we will manage to put something through highlights wise later today which will be good as usual.

Nae danger. We've got bigger problems, tbh.

Oh, please, please, please put the bit where our defence stopped, thinking it was offside in the highlights!

Edited by FifeSons

44 minutes ago, George Parr said:

I wondered the same thing. Club ambassador - is that a new thing?

Anyway, the private members club mentality does not surprise me. That's been a permanent feature of our club for decades.

There was a (fruitful) period under John Steele where those attitudes disappeared and Alan Findlay had laid the groundwork for that. It shows how important a chairman is, they set the tone for the whole club. 

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There was a (fruitful) period under John Steele where those attitudes disappeared and Alan Findlay had laid the groundwork for that. It shows how important a chairman is, they set the tone for the whole club. 

Also, perhaps, that it's not impossible to have a chairman that isn't totally apathetic, even under this ownership?

10 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

Apologies from all of us on the stranraerfclive media team on the poor stream. Due to local issues I believe with the Internet our tech guy who incidentally was doing the main camera, laptop and streaming stuff at the same time ran into all sorts of problems. He had to reboot while trying to film. Ended up I believe him asking our committee media guy to film now and again which obviously isn't easy when you haven't done that before. I was out doing gopros etc. Lack of volunteers on the media team numbers wise due it being a midweek match didn't help either. Most of us live in the central belt. However knobody could forsee the streaming issues which isn't like our coverage.

Anyone who has ever had anything to do with a live broadcast at a lower league club can relate to every sentence of that. It's a minefield, especially when you've got a small number of volunteers who are already working flat out. We had constant issues with Pixellot when I was on the stream and you just feel helpless at times; especially because you know how frustrating it is trying to watch a game where it keeps breaking down.

Really appreciate the effort that went into streaming it last night, and the second-half was absolutely fine (streaming wise, not football wise...). Couldn't really disagree with a word of Brian's commentary either.

I only missed the second goal too. Which was unfortunate. I'd have far rather have missed the entire first-half than managed to catch three goals :(

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Also, perhaps, that it's not impossible to have a chairman that isn't totally apathetic, even under this ownership?

Correct, however all evidence points towards any such individual eventually being worn down by the ownership situation. Pissing into a slight breeze is fine for a short while, pissing into a hurricane for months/years leaves you with all your trousers covered in pish and not much enthusiasm for continuing pishing. 

Edited by The Moonster

Aye I was behind the goals. It was a wicked cross. Defender got in a bad position wrong footing goalie. Then goalie seemed to get stuck in mud as the ball went into the net slow motion.

Just dropping in to add to what Colin's said earlier - the internet was dropping below the required upload speed. I was trying to troubleshoot while filming, and not having much luck as you could probably tell. Thanks for sticking with us (especially the Sons fans who didn't have much to cheer about!).

Have spoken to the club about sorting out a better internet connection for future streams so hopefully won't happen again. Highlights should be out later this evening 🙏

1 hour ago, Moonball said:

Highlights should be out later this evening 🙏

4 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Oh, please, please, please put the bit where our defence stopped, thinking it was offside in the highlights!

Just to humbly ask for this again in case you missed it ^^^ 

Edited by FifeSons

19 hours ago, cedrick1 said:

Scored a beauty on Saturday and puts in a shift but never looked like scoring that one tonight.

i just think all the talk about him going up a level is a bit out 

19 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

He's our best player by a mile and just about the only guy in this squad who is capable of stepping up to full-time football.

There's not a chance he'll be playing in League Two next season. And you can quote me on that when he's leading the line for us in League One ;)

19 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Michael Ruth isn’t a natural goal scoring poacher. He’s levels above the rest of the team and could easily operate at a higher level. One miss doesn’t change that.

Sorry to hijack the thread. But given we're probably the smallest/lowest FT club in Scotland then I'd have to say Ruth isn't good enough. I'd be fizzing if he came back to us and I'll be gobsmacked if he gets a gig at a better side. Unless of course he's improved dramatically. He was absolutely shite and a bit of a shitebag into the bargain. He may well get a gig at L1 next season if he's done well for Dumbarton but I'll be astounded if it's with a side going for promotion/he gets a Championship club. 

41 minutes ago, Moonball said:

I think he means the Scott Robertson one where he recieves the ball and looks offside, so the whole Dumbarton defence stop playing and start wandering up the pitch.  Even Robbo seems to stop but then he realises the linesman hasn't flagged and has a shot which is either saved or goes wide. Would like to see that again as well.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Sorry to hijack the thread. But given we're probably the smallest/lowest FT club in Scotland then I'd have to say Ruth isn't good enough. I'd be fizzing if he came back to us and I'll be gobsmacked if he gets a gig at a better side. Unless of course he's improved dramatically. He was absolutely shite and a bit of a shitebag into the bargain. He may well get a gig at L1 next season if he's done well for Dumbarton but I'll be astounded if it's with a side going for promotion/he gets a Championship club. 

I tend to agree with you on the level he'll go to next but he has been very good for us and does look capable of playing in League 1. I don't think "shitebag" is a description any Sons fan would give him, he never stops running and hassling defenders and uses his fairly skinny frame quite well. 

2 hours ago, scott666 said:

I think he means the Scott Robertson one where he recieves the ball and looks offside, so the whole Dumbarton defence stop playing and start wandering up the pitch.  Even Robbo seems to stop but then he realises the linesman hasn't flagged and has a shot which is either saved or goes wide. Would like to see that again as well.

I thought offside from side of park but maybe was ball watching rather than players moving when ball passed through. The move continued and the excellent Johnstone dinked a cross to back post and robbo ballooned over bar on the volley from 4yards. Still hasn't landed. Air traffic control at Belfast were wondering if it was a comet.