Stranraer v Dumbarton Tuesday 5th March

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'd have hooked Ruth and Newbury at half time to protect them for Saturday tbh. I've got serious fear about Ruth getting injured.

Come back in August 2025 at the earliest Jan.

He’s going to find himself saying that’s the worst performance of the season for the second time in a month in the post-match. Doesn’t really back up “we haven’t been getting what we deserve” does it?

3 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Come back in August 2025 at the earliest Jan.

There are times where covering Sons as part of my job is great.

And there are times where I miss the freedom of my previous life :lol:

10 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

It’s one miss. Calm down

Scored a beauty on Saturday and puts in a shift but never looked like scoring that one tonight.

i just think all the talk about him going up a level is a bit out 

Just now, cedrick1 said:

Scored a beauty on Saturday and puts in a shift but never looked like scoring that one tonight.

He's our best player by a mile and just about the only guy in this squad who is capable of stepping up to full-time football.

There's not a chance he'll be playing in League Two next season. And you can quote me on that when he's leading the line for us in League One ;)

2 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Michael Ruth isn’t a natural goal scoring poacher. He’s levels above the rest of the team and could easily operate at a higher level. One miss doesn’t change that.

I think the most frustrating thing about our whole situation is that Faz has for three seasons in a row created the mirage of a decent team, but that’s just it, it’s a mirage. Reach out and try and touch it and you’ll find yourself fondling something every bit as sandy as our pitch often is.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

He's our best player by a mile and just about the only guy in this squad who is capable of stepping up to full-time football.

There's not a chance he'll be playing in League Two next season. And you can quote me on that when he's leading the line for us in League One ;)

I agree is one of our best players but not sure he is level up. 
no goals for qos last time

work rate is excellent too 

Just now, cedrick1 said:

I agree is one of our best players but not sure he is level up. 
no goals for qos last time

work rate is excellent too 

He started three games last season, so I wouldn't read too much into that. He did score four in 12 for a dreadful Falkirk as an 18-year-old in League One.