Stranraer v Dumbarton Tuesday 5th March

2 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

It's pretty telling that if you'd offered me 5-0 at half time I'd have gladly accepted it. That was absolutely woeful stuff, Annan away levels of bad. Stranraer deserve the credit for just ripping as apart making that look far too easy

I agree with all of this.

I would also say this is the lowest point for the club, arguably, since 2007-08 when we just avoided being club 42.

Lads, seriously, please get the bit clipped where our entire defence stopped for offside in the first half and Stranraer somehow didn’t make it 4-0 (I think?). I’ve seen nothing like it.

Farrell needs emptied. This is without a shadow of a doubt, the least amount of enthusiasm I’ve ever had for Dumbarton. With the Doctor and Faz at the wheel, we’re at risk of turning fans away with this mind-numbing nonsense, right before we start the slump towards lowland league football (to be honest the process is well under-way).

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I agree with all of this.

I would also say this is the lowest point for the club, arguably, since 2007-08 when we just avoided being club 42.

Honestly, the end of that season wasn’t the lowest point, because we actually had a bit of hope with Chapman at that point and knew next season was better. The end of McCabe was up there with this, though. Least Faz hasn’t offered anyone a square go after the match yet.

1 minute ago, THE CHOSEN SON said:

Farrell needs emptied. This is without a shadow of a doubt, the least amount of enthusiasm I’ve ever had for Dumbarton. With the Doctor and Faz at the wheel, we’re at risk of turning fans away with this mind-numbing nonsense, right before we start the slump towards lowland league football (to be honest the process is well under-way).

Think most fans have already done this. 

1 hour ago, Shawfield78 said:

Farrell doing his old club a favour . I might have known. Make it all the sweeter when Clyde stay up. 

Jeez, the arrogance is just dripping off you.

One win on the bounce is it?

Fair play to Stranraer, all the pressure was on them tonight and they delivered. 

As for Dumbarton FC, I don’t know where to start. Farrell is a bum, of that there is no doubt but the players turned in a truly shameful performance. Michael Ruth looked like he was at least trying but the rest of them were embarassing. Lynas, Wilson and Lennon in particular were absolutely miles off it, they looked like competition winners who had won a slot in our starting 11. If I never see any of the 3 of them in a Sons shirt again I wouldn’t be arsed. Ryan Blair also turned in a complete stinker and his OG was as baffling as it was laughable but the guy at least has a little shred of footballing ability. Even regular good performers like Finlay Gray and Carlo were rotten. 

Removing Lynas and Wilson at half time was absolutely the correct but introducing a clearly broken Orsi was not. His subs thereafter were just panic merchant stuff and by then end up I had no idea what the hell was going on. 100% shame game from start to finish. 

Farrell out. Mackay out. 

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

1 minute ago, Elrow said:

Think most fans have already done this. 

You’re right. At least we still have a small section of passionate, intelligent fans that can spot what’s happening to the club. As each week comes and goes, that section of fans gets smaller and we’ll be left with the happy-clapper, echo-chamber lot who are happy to turn up “give the boys some backing” thinking it’ll solve everything. I’m not knocking how they chose to support the club here - merely pointing out how easy it’s going to be for the club to sleepwalk into relegation in the very near future under current manager / leadership.

Farrell’s subs (and subs he didn’t make) were so weird. It was genuinely like a game of Football Manager where you’ve just completely given up/holiday’d a game and let the AI take the game.

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Poor second half from Stranraer there. Missed an opportunity to really improve their goal difference. 

Pity Bonnyrigg equalised at the end of about 20 minutes of injury time. These margins could be important.

The worst part is, no one at the club will be remotely arsed about that display. Farrell won’t be arsed about it and I seriously doubt he’ll rip into the players (in or out of the dressing room), as he should tbh. The standards are constantly dropping. Only dropping out of the playoffs might illicit some acknowledgement, but even then I doubt it.

Edited by FifeSons

3 minutes ago, Elrow said:

Aitken at least thought about offering his resignation after the Bonnyrigg result. 

You’d probably get hauled into the back room by the Stasi if you ever dared to ask Faz if he was considering his position.

40 minutes ago, microdave said:

Our heaviest defeat this season. Embarrassing.

And not the only one under Faz’s reign. Off the top of my head we’ve lost 6 at Stirling, 6 at Annan, 5 tonight at a relegation threatened Stranraer and there was the 5-1 home defeat to an Albion Rovers team who did go on and get relegated.

I don’t think I can recall another Dumbarton manager suffering so many heavy defeats. If there is you’re probably going back to the Jim Fallon era but then the board at least had the balls to pull the trigger when required.

The direction of travel is absolutely down and we don’t have a board able or willing to act. The club from top to bottom is an absolute shambles; ownership, management, players who fold in many of not most ‘big games’, right down to smaller but significant aspects like the ongoing pitch condition and the embarrassment of a club website. Zero leadership and zero accountability top to bottom.

Edited by Jordo1872